​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Isle of Wight, Shanklin Theatre concert

The Shanklin Theatre has posted a gorgeous pic of Lee at their facebook page with the comment "Lee Mead was fantastic tonight.........":

https://www.facebook.com/ShanklinTheatre/posts/543383182401389

From the various tweets & facebook comments it seems like it went very well!

Re: Isle of Wight, Shanklin Theatre concert

Was certainly a fabulous concert - Lee, Robyn and the band were outstanding. Lovely to see so many familiar faces too

I'm doing a long review but its epic so I won't post tonight, i'm so tired with only 3 hrs sleep!

What a fantastic evening! Lee was on top form. His voice was amazing - the best I've heard him I think.
It was great for us to be able to stay for the signings after the show & not have to rush for a train or ferry. And it was lovely to catch up with everyone too.

Thanks Jazzy looking forward to your review,you must catch up on your sleep if you only had 3hrs,you must be exhausted

Good to hear that the evening went well and Lee is in great form

Roll on the weekend!

Jazzy, looking forward to reading your review.

Just a short review before Jazzy comes and puts me to shame !

Boarding the 2pm ferry to the island we came up the stairs to the seating deck and lo and behold there was Lee sitting on his own !! He stood up beamimg and game me a hug and a kiss and I sat down beside him !! We had a talk I said how pleased we all were at his role in "Casualty" and he said he was very excited. I did say PLEASE dont stop singing you are so fab. and I must say he seems to have taken my advice for lo and behold up pops a concert in NOvember !!!!!!!!!!! IHe was so friendy he even spoke a little about himself but I would like to keep that private

I was dropped off at my Hotel and got ready to meet some of the others in town, anyway I got lost and was trailing up this hill when there was a shout from the other side of the street and there was Lee and Princess Apricot !!! I shouted back "I am lost " and he shouted back directions which made Princess Apricot laugh,

We had a lovely meal and galloped over to the Theatre hearts beating.It must say Lee did Shanklin proud he was on top form his singing was wonerfull. "Bring Him Home" got a standing ovation. Father and Son brought tears to your eyes and "Sme Enchanting Evening" was well enchanting !
So looking forward to hearing it all again at Camberley tomorrow.

Had drinks afterwards with a few frieds old and new, by the welcome to Anna who had come over all the way from New Jersey

Had no sleep for some reason I always seem to find Hotels that are freezing I am sure the bedroom was sub zero, so still very tired but looking forward to doing it all again.

Thanks, Maggie - wonderful to hear how happy he is and how well these concerts are going.

Sounds wonderful!

Great review Maggie - sounds like you had a fab time!

Thank you for the report, Maggie. It sounds like everybody had a wonderful time on the Isle of White!

What a lovely surprise Maggie to have a chat to Lee on the ferry. Thanks for the update on the concert. I'm going to Camberley tonight with my 2 sister-in-laws, one of whom has never seen Lee in concert before. Really excited now.