​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Children in Need Auction for Preview of Casualty 2014!

I see from a post on the OFB that BBC Children in Need are auctioning a chance to see a preview of some Casualty 2014 episodes and meet some of the cast in Cardiff on 5 December:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exclusive-preview-screening-of-Casualty-s-2014-series-and-meet-the-cast-/331064898461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d1501739d

"This is part of the official BBC Children in Need Annual Auction 2013.

Exclusive preview screening of Casualty’s 2014 series, and meet the cast

The Casualty team have very kindly donated a fantastic experience for a lucky bidder and one other to attend an exclusive screening of some of next year’s Casualty episodes. During the evening, they will get the chance to meet lots of the cast.

2 x tickets
A chance to meet the cast (specific requests unfortunately can’t be
taken, as it will depend on who is available on the night)
A sneak preview of some new characters and a new look for the show

The winning bidder will need to arrange their own transport to and from the event plus any accommodation. The experience will take place on Thursday 5th December 2013 and is not flexible. The performance will take place at Cineworld in Cardiff."

A sneak preview of some new characters sounds interesting but you may need to be feeling rich to win the auction! I hope it does well for CiN

Re: Children in Need Auction for Preview of Casualty 2014!

Thanks for posting this, Greycat - I was trying to do it with a link to eBay, but couldn't do it without linking it directly to my own eBay page!

It's up to £96 and counting ..... with over 3 days to go.

Up to £550 now!!!

Crikey! Definately can't afford to bid on that - sadly!

£1,550.01

Blimey!

And it's now £2,222.22 with 11 hours left to bid!

There must be some serious Casualty fans out there

Blimey, that's a massive amount!

Wow! If some fans are experienced Ebay bidders, then they'll jump in to bid in the final minutes which could make the amount soar.

The winner is the Charity! :-) And someone who may see "Lofty" at Casualty!

£2,222,22 was the winning figure - no late bidders on this occasion.

The Children in Need auctions always go for silly money, which is great for the charity, of course.

I had an email advising me that this item was re-listed which only usually happens when there's been a problem with payment. Hope that somebody wasn't falsely bidding to inflate the cost then couldn't/didn't pay. Sad to think that Children in Need could miss out on the money being raised and that a genuine bidder missed out on their chance to meet the cast.
It's on as a 'buy it now' price of £1500! If anyone's interested?

I had that email too. I looked at it out of interest (not with any intention of bidding! , but it seems that it had already been sold the day before I received the email (relisted on 3rd, my email arrived today, 4th)!

Assuming there was a problem with the first purchaser, I hope the new buyer appreciates it. I did wonder if the Casualty bods had put up a second lot in addition to the original, but the winner still has to be available on 5th December (tomorrow) - very short notice.

What a shame that the original winning bid doesn't seem to have been genuine! Not nice to mess about with an item which is being auctioned for charity.

It looks as though the re-listed item has now sold for £1,500 - I suppose they had to sell it quickly as the screening is taking place tomorrow.

I hope it's just a case of the winning bidder not being able to make it on the 5th. I'd hate to think that someone deliberately made a bid that they had no intention of honouring. It's very bad form to do that, especially when the item is being auctioned for charity!