​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Concert in Yeovil, 29th June

Yay! Another one! As we were warned, another within easy reach of Cardiff.

Booking opens tomorrow!!! , when quite a few of us are in transit to Plymouth. Mr Mead doesn't make it easy for us!

Octagon Theatre, Yeovil. Tel 01935 422884, quote ECLIPSE. Details all on Facebook.

Re: Concert in Yeovil, 29th June

Can't manage this one, but know someone who'll be pleased about this.

I can't make this one either

On-line booking has now opened for this concert:

http://www.octagon-theatre.co.uk/events/2014/june/lee-mead.aspx

Just in case there is anyone interested who hasn't yet bought their tickets! The front rows seem to have sold well during the priority booking period for some reason...

Not long now until the next concert!

Here's an interview with Lee in the Western Gazette to whet our appetites

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Lee-Mead-living-dream-Octagon-Theatre-Yeovil/story-21207711-detail/story.html

Nice interview.
Thanks for the 'link' Greycat.

Even though Lee is at present following his acting dream in 'Casualty, it's great to hear he finds it important to keep up his singing as well.
It's lucky for us too, that his passion for music is equal to that of being an actor, giving his many fans the best of both worlds.
Thanks Lee for all your hard work.

Hope everyone going to the concert tonight has a great time

I suspect Amanda may not appear - from Twitter, it appears she might be going to the Holi Festival of Colours in London today. But Stephen should be there to keep Lee company!

Getting very excited for everyone at the concert tonight
Have a wonderful time & please can we have a few sqeeee reviews

Fabulous concert tonight. On of the best Ive been to for a while.
Especially the second half when things really hotted up and the jacket came off.

Fix You was the best Ive heard it, he was really in the moment.
I would love to pick a favourite song of the night but they were all amazing!
The way you look tonight was definitely sung with a twinkle in his eye. I can say no more than that ;)

If anyone heard the interview on the radio today......we watched!!!! And it was a lovely sight I must say!. I cant wait to hear it!

No Robin but Stephen sang 4 lovely songs and the Luck be a lady duet.
No kiss but Crazy thing called love and a very close singing of ADWD made up for it!!! :)

The lighting was superb. If any professional pics surface they will be amazing!
I managed to sneak a few right at the end.

The funniest bit was where Lee managed to recreate a resus to himself laying back on the stool when he was out of breath after dancing to the previous song. We were transported to Casualty for a little moment :)

Yeovil is a funny little place. The theatre was completly deserted until finally the restaurant opened. Delicious food.

It was still light when we came out which felt quite odd.
Lee came out of the SD to sign for everyone waiting. (more lovely photos).

A good day and im in a cute hotel/pub very close to the venue. Most others are one the road home and im left here to enjoy a glass of wine before bed. Early start to beat the Glastonbury traffic in the morning.

Thanks for the review, Jazzy! Sounds like a fab night!

Thanks Jazzylou for your lovely review, hope to see your photos soon.

Look forward to some more reviews and photos when everyone has recovered
from their journeys.

Thanks Jazzy for the lovely review can always rely on you!! looking forward to photo's,glad it was a great evening. cheers x

WOW Thanks Jazzy for your review.
It's the next best thing to being there.
I would love to hear more snippets & see pics
I hope that the journey home wasn't to awful.

WOW indeed. It was a stunning concert, Lee was vocally on top form - (and er, word perfect), as was Stephen, they really are a great pair of performers, individually and as a double act. In Luck be a Lady, Stephen changed the words in one place to sing " a lady making snake eyes at Lee". Stephen paid tribute to Lee as a good friend and one of the kindest people he knew, and dedicated his version of "Nature Boy" to Lee.

We arrived in Yeovil early afternoon and found the theatre and parked in the nearby car park before wandering into town for a cuppa. The town was fairly quiet being Sunday afternoon, so after meeting up with friends we went back to the theatre. We were eating there at 5.45 and were rather hoping that by 4pm we could have gone in and had another cuppa to kill some time, but the doors were firmly shut.

On the way down the path to the theatre, we spotted Lee on his phone and lying on the grassy bank just to the side of the theatre, dressed in blue shirt and dark jeans, cue much sighs and such like . Hope a certain lady, who had just parked her car in full view of the theatre doesn't mind me mentioning that when we pointed out Lee to her, her reaction was such that she inadvertently tooted the horn of her car, resulting in her diving out of the car and hiding behind it, followed by the rest of us - hilarious - maybe she will elaborate on this. We later learned that Lee was doing the radio interview via his phone at that time. He did make mention of his sojourn on the grassy bank during the evening, and we were relieved that he did not make mention of a batty lot of ladies who were in the vicinity.

Because the theatre was shut, we opted to sit in the sun on a wall and were very privileged to witness, from a discreet distance, Lee relaxing in various poses whilst on the phone - only one word - PHWOOAAR!!! After about 15 minutes he got up and went down to the theatre.

At around 5.30 we finally got into the theatre and made our way upstairs to the restaurant and to our utmost delight, we could hear the sound check from the restaurant, it reminded us of Kilworth, so a double dose of Lee's gorgeous voice. The food was delicious and really good value, and so worth the wait.

The concert went by far to quickly, but the sugar sprinkles, on the cherry, on the icing, on the cake was when Lee sat on the stage, legs a dangling, during ADWD, directly in front of me OMG

We didn't stage door, but headed straight for home. What a day!!!

Holy crap!

What great reviews, Jazzy and Ruthie. Those incidental glimpses of Lee just being Lee are sooooo amazing, aren't they?

about the tooting horn.

Sounds lovely and good to hear that Lee's voice was back to form.

Thanks so much for sharing. x o

Great reviews, ladies!

Loving the tooting horn!

Thanks ladies for reviews, much appreciated

OK, holding my hand up. Thanks Ruthie! Still makes me laugh and blush thinking about it! Don't think I could explain it any better than you have. I had only pulled up in the car park about a minute before.
C for Cassie; C for causing chaos! So funny.

Thanks for your great reviews Jazzy and Ruthie. It was great to see you both. Ruthie you deserve a LMAS Medal of Honour for staying in your seat in a ladylike manner when Lee suddenly flopped down on the edge of the stage right slap bang in front of you, dangling legs etc !!!! The sight made A/Liz and I nearly collapse with um, excitement and we were a good four rows behind you, haha. How you didn't grab those legs with shock I will never know

I can't add much to your reviews and totally agree that it was a really wonderful concert last night. He was on tip top form and seemed so happy. He thanked the audience for coming to see him and spending their "hard earned money". He said that West End Shows and Casualty were slightly different, as he was "cast" in them but this was his "baby" and all his own and he was thrilled people came along.
He looked amazing. I know he always looks amazing but last night he just looked SO good. His hair was such a good length and a glossy mop of tight curls. The suit still hasn't recovered from being shrunk at the Dry Cleaners but we are not complaining. In Barnstaple I thought he looked and sounded very tired but last night he seemed on fire. Bring Him Home was one of the best I have heard, as was Fix You. He told the same story about Chris Martin but it's so funny when each time he tells it he changes it slightly. Last night the version was they were in the changing rooms together at the Gym and he said he had come out of the shower to find Chris next to him. The audience expressed a frision of excitement when he mentioned the shower ( well we did) and he hastily said "Well there was towellidge" That was the exact word he used.I suppose he meant they were both decent. It didn't help us lot though......
As you both said above, he really gels with Stephen on stage. As Stephen went off after Luck Be A Lady, Lee told us he was doing his own show at The Pheasantry on July 11th and we should try and go along to support him. Immediately Stephen shouted from the wings "July the 11th" and Lee shouted back " I said that" there was a little pause then Stephen bawled "Thank you". It was all so natural and shows what great friends they are.

On my train journey home this afternoon I left Yeovil station almost on my own. At Castle Cary hundreds of young people who had been at Glastonbury joined the train. It was then standing room only,there was a definite "smell of the countryside" in the air and they were all caked in mud. They laughed and joked and relived the days and Dolly etc. It was a wonderful atmosphere and they were such fun.Like with Our Man, music had brought them all together and several were swopping details to keep in touch. Just like us lot, although we don't wear wellies and look muddy and carry massive back packs and tents on our backs. Well, not often.
Roll on Hayes.

I forgot to thank Jazz for her review, thanks Jazz and thanks Cassie for adding to your car incident, I hope you didn't mind me telling the story, it was so funny.

SueC, for one heartstopping moment I thought he was going to jump right off the stage, and I think I automatically started to hold my hands out in readiness , and I uttered a small squeak I believe but everything is a blur, (by the way, I noticed his socks this time ) A/Liz kindly asked if I needed a "powder", and I will not repeat what Curly Liz said . Thanks for adding those extra snippets.

Thank you Ladies for your great reviews of the fabulous concert, what a treat it was.

I have to agree that Fix You was breathtaking, Bring Him Home and Hallelujah were also particular favourites...but then I could go on. I love the rapport between Lee and Stephen.

Ruthie, how you coped I'll never know Cassie I can't wait to hear the interview

I noticed that he changed Being Alive for The way you Look tonight.....interesting swap!

Thanks for all your comments and reports; sounds a fab day and night.

I see that the cat is out of the bag re the Little Prairie episode. I did a little bit of nifty discreet camera work which probably shouldn't be shared on here for health reasons!
But it was one of those really funny moments that I will look back on with a smile (or in my case a good laugh).
I really hope to hear the interview at some point.

Of course I didn't mind Ruthie. We were lucky to have such an "interesting" episode to start the whole evening off. Ha ha!

Thanks for your brilliant reviews Jazzy, Ruthie & Sue.
Sue,'towellidge'! I think I'll have that vision in my head all day!!!

Just loved reliving that wonderful concert again this morning through your .
brilliant reviews ladies. Thank you so much.

Ruthie - who me!!!! don't know what you mean!!!

LynneD...you just beat me to it...mmmm! 'towellidge' Lol!

I'll have to watch my driving concentration today, with that vision in my head. SueC! phew! Lol!...You have such a lovely way with words!...

This is what Ruthie (and the rest of us) were getting all hot and bothered about! And I was in row D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

photo SAM_1037_zps04a9ee8e.jpg

A SD one just before I go to work.

photo SAM_11022_zps185bf5a2.jpg

Mmmmm! fabulous photos... Thank you so much Jazzy

Isn't he just breath taking!...

WOW, thanks Jazzy!!!
Those gorgeous photos AND towellidge all in the same morning.

Lovely pics! Thanks Jazzy!

Thanks for sharing the photos Jazz , your camera and photography skills are excellent.

Just wanted to add that it was lovely to see Kirsten there on Sunday.

All I can say is Thank You to everyone for their reviews, pics, snippets etc - I don't think I can add anything to all that!

It certainly was a great night and Lee was at his best - and I think Stephen may just have sold a few more tickets to his Pheasantry gig!

Awww! Thanks Ruthie. Very nice of you to say that.
I'm sorry I couldn't stop to chat to everyone. We had to whip away immediately because Karen wasn't able to join me on this trip (much to her regret) and the friend I brought wasn't really a Lee fan but came with a "what the heck - a night out" attitude but with an early Monday morning job to go to.
So I had to promise her that we would exit immediately so that we got home as early as was humanly possible. Quarter to midnight wasn't too bad in the end.
Even so, I had a great time! I was front row and just three seats down from the "Lee sitting on the stage" moment. What a bonus.
I don't know about everyone else but I could easily have watched Stephen and Lee duet for the whole second half. They sounded so good together.
I'm also loving how Lee doesn't mind taking the p out of himself. He was very funny.

I'm at Hayes, with Karen, so I will be back to chat and hello mode then!!

It was nice to see you Kirsten, sorry I didn\\\\\\\'t get chance to say hello.

I love all the snippets too. It would be nice to have the same after every concert so that those that don\\\\\\\'t go are not kept in suspense.

Here as an ADWD moment. All of my pics were taken during the last song so as not to disturb anyone and I could also enjoy the show, which I did immensely!

Sorry he\'s a bit on the side PB is doing that!! he was in the middle of my shot :/

photo SAM_1028_zps7f426e99.jpg

Oh now he's in the middle.

Oooh errr there are loads of slashes in my writing, I didn't put them there either!!

I wonder how he feels going out to dozens of adoring ladies after a concert...

I seem to keep looking at that poster, no idea why!

photo SAM_1051_zps0ec2cf5e.jpg

Ruthie I'm glad you liked the photos

Thank you so much Jazzylou for posting all the lovely photos
of Lee at Yeovil, very much appreciated. I particularly love
the one of Lee signing at the Stage Door.

maggiemay

Thanks Jazzy for the lovely pic's,it is very nice of you to think of us poor souls that can't get to the concerts,it does help to get reviews and pic's,very grateful cheers xx

I absolutely adore the one of him at stage door!

It's great, it captures all his friendliness and generosity.

It's a joy to keep coming back to this thread.
I love the SD pic. Thanks Jazzy
Yeovil sounds like a gem of a concert.
I am sorry that I missed this one but hey family has to come first sometimes.

Glad everyone is enjoying the pics. There was a railing along to the building at the back so rather than queuing with everyone else, I took time out to make my way along and just snapped that not thinking that everyone would enjoy it so much. I love it that you can see his view of the ladies waiting for him. It must be nice for him but a little bit daunting at the same time. The only other time I remember doing a SD in the light was at St. Albans.
For all my oysters opened, I did get a few pearls. So glad I invested in this camera!

There have been some really detailed reviews so I am just going to go for a couple of magic moments from last Sunday.

Obviously, I have to start with my embarrassing moment as soon as I pulled up in the car which has been explained in great detail above. Suffice to say that when keeping a low profile and observing the beautiful Mr Mead from a short but discreet distance, accidentally leaning on your car horn is not a good move! It was the shock of seeing him right in front of me I plead in my defence. To say I was a bit flustered is an understatement.
Continuing on from that incident, just watching him lying on the grass doing the interview was magical.

Another bonus came when we were eating in the restaurant at the theatre. It is not often that your meal is enhanced by listening to Lee's soundcheck, but it was on Sunday!

As for the concert itself, I would pick out the end of Fix You which he sang like a man possessed (in the nicest possible way!)
Also, his out of breath section where he lurched into Casualty mode. Plus no one who was there will forget his sudden move to the front of the stage during ADWD when he just sat on the front of the stage so close to us all and sang away. That caused a few gasps I can tell you! For me, I must add his reappearance for part two in a white shirt. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
At the stage door he came out to meet a large group of appreciative ladies wearing the same white shirt and trousers which I have to say looked just as good as it had on stage from every angle.

Looking forward to Hayes and more magical moments.

Thanks for sharing your 'magic moments' Cassie.
And for owning up to your embarrassing moment! I think we all understand though. It's just the effect he has on us, isn't it?

OMG I squeed out loud at the sitting -on-stage pic and you stage doo pic Jazzy. His thighs!
Just THUD!!!!!!!

It sounds like an amazing evening. Not sure I would have coped !! What wiht Lee in the grass, an aggressive Fix you, and him sat at eye level on the stage -phew!!

Toni do you have my email address? Email me.

Please could one of the peeps here at LMAS email it to Toni, whoever has her email address. Thanks.