​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Concert - Newtown (mid-Wales), 20 September 2014

Just copying news of Lee's latest concert across from FB in case anyone hasn't seen it:

At last we can let you know that Lee will be performing at Theatr Hafren in Newtown (mid Wales) on SATURDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER.

The Box Office will open for you at 0930 on Monday morning to book before it goes on sale to the general public the following day. The number to call is 01686 614555 and there is also an on-line facility at boxoffice@theatrhafren.co.uk. The on-line facility will be switched on but the show won't be advertised on the website til the following day. For phoners, the password as always is ECLIPSE!

Newtown does have a railway station - their nearest really big town is probably Shrewsbury. The venue website also has details of good places to stay for overnighters!

The website for on-line booking is: http://www.thehafren.co.uk/index.php

A rare Saturday night concert - hopefully this will suit those who have a bit to travel better!

Re: New Concert - Newtown (mid-Wales), 20 September 2014

Thanks, Greycat. Looks like another interesting journey from the other side of the country!

By the way, Ro's Timeline on Twitter has now confirmed that bookings will be BY TELEPHONE ONLY, rather than the alternative on line option.

Have my hotel for Cardiff to pay for next week as my sister booked it for me, but have looked into this and it looks as if it's a 'yes' for me! The trains are good. Sadly no Travelodge but will see what else is on offer in the next 2 months.

Hiya. Just happened to see Lee was doing the Hafren in Newtown from Twitter, so I popped in. I saw Rhydian perform there on his tour a year ago. There are no Travelodges or Premier Inns around in mid Wales unfortunately but we stayed at the Maesmawr Hall Hotel.

It's been on telly because Room 12 is haunted, so that was fun. It's a lovely hotel, the service is fantastic and they brought us tea and cake and homemade soup and crusty rolls in mid afternoon as we weren't going to be able to make their dinner time.

It's not cheap but we shared rooms which made it much better. I'd recommend the hotel I really would. I can't seem to manage links on this forum but if you google it, you'll find it easily enough. Best to book early in Wales as it's a very popular place for holidays right up to September.

Hope that helps anyway :)

I'll see what they're charging for single rooms - have had the Elephant and Castle recommended to me as well. Have to wait till next month to book my ticket but once that's 'in the bag' I'll be doing a hotel search. Shame about the Travelodge, it's one chain I don't have much trouble with.

Just checked but it's not in Newtown centre, alas, and I don't drive.