​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It has been 5 years....and the time has come...

....to tell you that I am giving up the ownership of LMAS (and the forum).

When I took it over from Donna five years ago, I was "just" a mother to two small girls and home-maker (is that the 'it' word for it these days??). Updating the site was a complete distraction and pleasurable diversion from motherhood duties and any time I spent on it was "me" time.
Now, my girls are older, but I have taken on paid work (2 separate jobs) and I have found in the last year that it has been increasingly harder to find the time to keep up with the updating.
The site deserves more time and attention than I am able to give it and I have to be realistic and admit that I just can't do it "all" anymore.
Wasn't easy deciding to give it up, I can tell you, but I want to do what's best for the site, just as Donna did five years ago.

BUT...the site and forum does continue with new LMASChiefs (yes, plural!). Petrus (Andie) and Sunnymead (Sue), Lin and Joan will be running the show, with PKP continuing to supporting the team as she did me. Andie has some technical know-how when it comes to websites (which I never really possessed beyond adding words and pictures) and Sue, Lin, and Joan, with Andie, have the time and enthusiasm between them, so together I'm sure the site will move on and up to better and greater things.

So thank you! Thank you for all your support financially, for the kind messages that have come with the recent donations, to the Mods for their work on this forum (which has not been much at all this past year or so, as you are all so good!), to KarenP for all her assistance with competitions and email stuff (and being a sounding board!) and also to PKP for the fabulous banners and the wealth of information she always provides.
And thank you, to you, for your involvement with this site. We all have a common cause of supporting and appreciating Lee (which doesn't stop for me, just because I stop owning this site), but you have continued to tell me how much you have appreciated the site, the updates, the information, and the camaraderie that the forum provides, and it's that which has kept me going.

I will be doing my final site update tonight (with a formal goodbye message) and "technically" hand over next Monday, if all goes to plan.
I'm not planning on disappearing!; I will always support LMAS and "all who sail in her", not least because I am and always will be a Lee Mead fan (plus I may be a little biased!) and no doubt I'll see you at some of the concerts this year!

Love Kirsten x

Re: It has been 5 years....and the time has come...

I live in New Zealand. This site was the first one I found about Lee, when I wanted, needed, to know all about him. (sound familiar?) This site was my port in a storm and how! Thank you so much for helping me in my hours, days, months and now years of following Lee. You with your helpers, have done a mighty fine job. So Thank you once again! :-)

Tricia Collins

I know I've been visiting here since it was a 'white' site back in 2007 , and found I 'wasn't alone'.

Thank you so much Kirsten for keeping this going for another 5 years, virtually single-handedly (and Karen for supporting) xx

Thank you so much for all you've done over the past five years, Kirsten (and Karen)- over and above the call of duty on occasions, I'm sure! You will be missed - so good luck in your new ventures (although, as you say, we will probably bump into you at a certain person's concerts somewhere along the way!).

However, onwards and upwards, as they say, and good luck to the new Team of Petrus, Sunnymead, Lin & Joan - have fun (I bet you will !

A big big to Kirsten & KarenP for keeping LMAS up& running & feeding our Lee love.
You deserve a break but don't forget to wallow in Lee loveliness on a regular basis
I hear that a Lee fix is good for the soul

Like so many of you this site has been my lifeline since I first found it in 2007. I wasn't even on-line at home in those days so I found myself "a'hem" working late in the office just to get my Lee fix.
The thought of joining a forum was scary at first but like all of you I have made so many wonderful friends here over the Years

Donna did a brilliant job getting us up & running
Kirsten Karen & PKP have done amazing job keeping the site up to date with loads of fun & information it is a great place to visit & I hope that when Lee starts in Casualty & on our screens every Saturday night we will be welcoming more Meadmushed people.

I would like to say a huge thank you to you Kirsten (and Karen) for all you have done running this site. It has been so important to me over the years and in the early days it was so good to find that it "wasn't just me!"
I wish all the new team good luck and just know you will do a good job in the coming (very exciting) months and years.

Thanks for all the work you've done on the site, Kirsten.

Thank you so much for looking after us for 5 whole years - all your work has been much appreciated, especially by us Northerners who cannot see Lee 'in the flesh' so often!!!
...and good luck and thanks to Petrus, Sunnymead, Lin and Joan (and PKP) for agreeing to continue this great work!! :)

Kirsten and Karen, I agree wholeheartedly with the previous posters, and would also like to add my huge thanks to you both (and all your helpers) for keeping LMAS and it's Forum, running over the past five years. I don't know what I would have done without it, throughout those years!...
Every good wish for the future to you all.

Many thanks to Petrus, Sunnymead, Joan, and Lin (also PKP) too, for offering to take over and run this wonderful site. Good luck ladies, I wish you well.

Oh, gosh, does this mean it's real?

I add my huge thank you to Kirsten and pals for hosting this site for so many years. LMAS is where I first really felt a part of the Lee Mead community and why I felt like I already knew those of you I have been able to meet when visiting the UK. It has indeed been lovely.

And that is why those of us taking the reins now feel a bit trepidatious about it - at least I do.

But, never fear, our love of Mead will keep us together!

Lin

Good Lord, I can't believe it it 5 years since you took over from Donna! Thank you Kirsten for keeping LMAS Alive and Kicking.Real life has turned me from a regular poster to more of a lurker these days ( maybe that's why the moderators have had so little to do !! *snort*)but the Lee love lives on.
Good luck and thankyou to the new keeprs of the faith xxxx

thanks for doing such a sterling job on the site Kirsten, you will be missed!

I'd like to add my thanks too Kirsten (and to Karen and PKP) for all your hard work over the last 5 years (where have those 5 years gone!). You'll be missed, but I'm sure we'll see you at one of Lee's concerts over the year.

Good luck to Andie, Sue, Joan and Lin, I'm sure you'll do the site proud.

Kirsten, thank you so much for all the work & time you've put into running this site for the last 5 years. Thanks to Karen for being your Right Hand Woman & all those who have contributed to the smoooth running of the site as well. As Coofy & Annie said , you'll be missed.

Good luck to the new team - Petrus, Sunnymead, Joan & Lin. I know the site will be in very safe hands.

Hi
I know that I don't post very often these days but I do look in most weeks to see what is going on.
I also started visiting LMAS to discover all about Lee when the site was still young in "white site days".

I have watched it grow into a wonderful community of Lee fans not only supporting Lee but also supporting each other.
Kirsten & KarenP have done the an impeccable job of running the site over the past 5 years & I add my thanks and appreciation to the growing list.

They will be a hard act to follow so I hope that we can live up to the challenge.

Thank you Kirsten for all you have done over the years you have helped me a few times,and also thanks to you Karen,I doubt if I will ever see you at a concert now as it is hard for me to get about these days,good luck to the new team,and we have all got one thing in common LEE xx

Acer the new team will be on hand & will try to help you & all Lee fans in whatever way possible. xx

I would just like to add my thanks to Kirsten for all her hard work, and to wish her successors a long and happy time running the forum.

Love Jackie Hall

Thank you Kirsten for your commitment and hard work for this site over the last 5 years, and good luck to Andie, Sue, Joan, Lin and PKP who I know will keep this site the brilliant place it has always been - have fun xxxx

Thank you Kirsten for your commitment and hard work for this site over the past 5 years, and good luck to Andie, Sue, Joan, Lin and PKP, the new team.

ooo errr ... glitches happening, thought my first post hadn't gone through and now and I can't delete one of them

Many thanks Kirsten (also Karen @ PKP) for the pleasure you have given me due to this site over the past few years. The past years have been trying for me and it has been a joy to be able to switch of and get some Lee time. My computor skills are not that good so it is great to be able to enjoy the work of those more able. Enjoy your "retirement! hope we wil see you at Lee shows in the future

Thank you Kirsten for your dedication and the time you have taken to bring us lots of Lee goodies and updates. I will miss you x

Kirsten and Karen, a special thank you to you both for the time and commitment you have given to LMAS. I can hardly believe it has been five years.
A big thank you to Petrus, Sunnymead, Lin, Joan and PKP.
Best wishes for the future. xxx

Thank you for all your hard work and good luck for your future.

Hi Kirsten, I haven't been posting for a long time but I am still here,
Thank you for all you have done over the years xx
Good luck to the new crew and all who sail in her.
I will hop on board from time to time.
I will never jump ship fully xx

Has it really been that long thanks Kirsten for all you have done And Co
Good luck the new ladies glad you will still be a loppie; take care luv Mazza x

Just like to add my thanks, even though my postings have been sporadic (due to full-time care of Oldies across the whole 5 years!),I have always appreciated being able to come on the site in the odd spare moment,usually late at night or even in the small hours.

I thought my hubby was joking when he said Lee was on tv this morning; it's a trick he tries often, to try and get my attention! Good to see him looking relaxed.

Gratitude in advance to those ladies continuing the task.

Thanks for everything you have done Kirsten and good luck to to the new crew.....X

Bye ... and many thanks to Kirsten and Karen

and a big fat

Hi ... to New the Management!

Forum Fairy (FF) and RedDevil ... all is forgiven (possibly!)

Forever

Thanks for all the hard work Kirsten and all the best to the new team.

Thank you for all your hard work Kirsten, like many others I tend to be more of a lurker these days but I love checking in every few days when I can. Good luck to the new ladies too. Am just plucking up courage to book up at the Cliffs, phone bookings and a stammer can lead to all sorts of stressful/comedy moments but as it's to see Lee it has to be done!! X

Just a small thank you from me to everyone on the forum. It's been my pleasure to support Kirsten....and Lee!

And to my best pal Kirsten, thanks for your friendship, laughter and your commitment to this site.

Love

Karen
Xxxxx

Thank you for all of your hard work!

I can't believe it's five years since I organised flowers and a card for Donna! Hope we are doing something for you as well. I have relied on newer members to keep the flow of news up I admit, but I am still a huge Lee fan. Kirsten I am always thrilled by the wonderful photos you always manage to take and I hope we shall meet again at future events.

Grateful thanks for all you have done and to everyone who has helped you. I am sure we haven't said this enough!

Thank you very much in advance for the group that has so kindly taken up the challenge what would we have done without your willingness to keep things going. Loads of love to you all.

Here's to the next five years of LMAS. I have been lurking around the site since before it even had a forum! All the old Loppies really appreciate the hard work and enthusiasm. Many thanks Kirsten and good luck to the new team.

Kirsten- Thank you for all the hard work you have put in to updating LMAS and making it the wonderful site that it is. I hope you will still come on here to post, and may meet you at Lee events.

Thank you everyone for all your lovely messages.

I did the hand-over to the new team yesterday and it all went well. My thanks to Sunnymead and Petrus for making it all so easy for me (and we had a nice day with it!).

It's quite exciting actually as there is definitely a feeling of new life being injected into LMAS with this new team; LMAS is moving onwards and upwards as I predicted and to my mind it is overdue and therefore very welcome to see.

Anyone notice my change in twitter name? It's a "transitional" name as I know many of my followers are only following me because of my LMAS connection (external and otherwise) so I will eventually move to a more personal one.

It's strange; I feel like I've moved house or left work!!

Anyway, I will still be posting on here and I will see you at Lee concerts and events.

So thank you again. And "cheers" to the new team!!