​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Utopia - first glimpse!

I've got to admit - this shot makes me excited!!

c.worldfilmproduction

Please don't cut out the copyright, we've got permission from World Film Production but they ask the credit goes with it!

The trailer is also very atmospheric:

Re: Utopia - first glimpse!

That photo totally takes my breath away!

I know how you feel, Lin. Wow! That is a gorgeous photo.
Imagine seeing that on the big screen!

That trailer's stunning! Though I did find myself thinking "Someone grab that baby!" at the end!

Lee looks achingly beautiful in that photo! He seems to be on the verge of tears. Oh dear...it's going to be sad!

The trailer made me wonder if Lee's character, William, is a bit like Chris a la Miss Saigon?

Stunningly beautiful, really looking forward to the film.
.... white linen shirt?!

Oh wow! Utopia looks fascinating and as for Lee - well ...... just stunning!

I guess he's wearing one of those Indian style collarless shirt thingies - wow again!

Cant stop watching this clip Lee looks ab. Georgeous.

I so agree with you all absolutely stunning!!!

Ooh thanks very much ladies for putting up this vid. It's fascinating and Lee looks WOW! LOL. Does look like a sad bit with the end of the trailer. Thanks once again.

Now I know what you have all been raving about!Luscious Lee pic.

This looks as if Lee's more than a walk-on part. Looking forward to when this is finally released.

The trailer looks very intriguing and, as for Lee, WOW WOW WOW Going to be very different from anything we've seen him in before.
Thanks LMAS Team for getting it for us

Um - this is a bit puzzling - but Lee isn't mentioned in the Utopia cast any more .....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3095238/fullcredits/

IMBd is notorious for getting things wrong - hopefully this is one of those times.

Of course, that is IMDb - lol

Just FYI - I have a son-in-law who works for a talent representative and has access to IMDb Pro - which is not accessible to the general public. I have asked him to check for me and I will let you all know as soon as I hear from him.

Just messaged Utopia on FB & they say the film's still happening; no mention of Lee though

A different actor is now shown as playing 'William'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2359380/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

And I did hear back from my SIL - the IMDb Pro is saying the same thing.

We will just have to wait for something official.

At least we have a beautiful photo to contemplate in the meantime . . .

Perhps Lee ended up on the cutting room floor?

Shame about that, maybe it was one commitment too many for him. At least we still have the photo.

I seem to remember that sometimes an actor is employed to do 'rushes' but does not appear in the actual film - maybe that's what has happened here.

Will be gutted if this is true. So looking forward to seeing Lee on the big screen.He looked just right for the part as well. Why is so hard for him cant these people see what a star he is,

The preview trailer has now been removed which does seem to further support the conclusion that plans have changed and Lee is no longer involved with this project.

If it makes you feel any better Maggie (I know it probably doesn't help much), this is a very low budget film which is unlikely to ever be seen in local cinemas. According to THIS RECENT INTERVIEW with another member of the cast, "the film is targeted at a niche audience and will be dominantly screened during film festivals". Films like this are rarely widely distributed and may not get a DVD release.

At least Lee has more than enough other work to keep him busy - indeed it is possible that his busy schedule was the problem.

It will happen for him I am sure. It is myself I am worried about, not getting any younger !!!!!!!!!! Would like to see him on the big screen while I can still get up the stairs.

We'd have probably all been driven crazy with frustration at never being able to see the film after all, then, Greycat! Sometimes things happen for the best.

Maybe someone from this site can ask Lee when they next see him at the stage door after a concert.
He was frank enough with me when I asked him about the Ventura at the Pheasantry, even though no official announcement had been made. He told me he was a bit p....d the cruise company had let it out he'd be appearing when he hadn't even signed the contract, so he may be happy to confirm either way. As others have said he may have chosen to back out because he has so many other commitments.
To be honest if I had a choice I'd rather see him in a higher profile movie we could see at the cinema, on the huge screen. Then have the dvd as a further treat to watch again, and most likely again and again!

https://twitter.com/TripswitchUS/status/455069809831845888/photo/1

a couple of photos have turned up on twitter featuring the new actor playing William - shame :-(

Thanks LoppyUSA, not a patch on Lee is he

I don't understand why references to Utopia haven't been edited out of recently aired interviews that Lee obviously recorded weeks ago, when he was still listed as playing William - very strange. I don't suppose we will ever find out what happened.