​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Throw-Back Thursday - Reviews and Experiences Re-Lived

Woozie had a great idea about a thread of past experiences. I thought I would start this Thursday off with one Ro originally posted on the Timeline about Lee as Pharaoh. Very nice indeed:

Lee'sPharaoh

"The real star of the show ..." - Wouldn't you have loved to see Lee as Pharaoh?

Re: Throw-Back Thursday - Reviews and Experiences Re-Lived

I did! Lucky me Knockout performance. He was the only one we spoke about afterwards even though it was a while (years obviously) before I put 2 & 2 together and made the link! Still got the programme.

I'd love to hear more!

So would I, Cassie - and I'm not too proud to beg . . .

Aaawww ladies! It was 10 years ago. You credit me with a better memory than I actually have. That and the fact that I have seen Joseph a few more times since then!!! Ha ha.
All I remember is a knock em dead Elvis impersonation that made you sit up and take notice. I consulted my programme to see who this amazing individual was but was quite disappointed with the pic. It certainly isn't the best one I have seen to put it mildly. Check it out...I think it was on the early days section on the Timeline.
Didn't think much more about it but always remember being blown away. I have mentioned in the past the conversation I had with Lee about this in the scrum one day.
Have to say, I was flabbergasted when I made the link after ADWD. By the way, I also saw him in Miss Saigon but don't really remember him.
Sorry not to have more detail. I blame old age!

Love hearing about it, Cassie - thank you.

Here is the link to photos and the program on Ro's Timeline:

JosephTour

I love the slicked back hair!!!

And this must be where he got his Elvis moves - he once told Petrus that he was not an Elvis fan!

(sorry Debbie and Woozie . . . )

That's ok Lin we can handle it...lol we don't mind that he isn't a fan seeing as Debbie once had an amazing conversation with him about Elvis, I will get let her explain but I will say it involved Lee, his Roty and a few confused people that could see Lee tapping his bum but not hear what he was talking about.

oh now I am intrigued to hear all about that convo
Come on Debbie & Woozie tell us all

I think I may have been a little over excitable about his 'Elvis moves', he doesn't seem to have done them since! That was the concerts he did back in 2010, when he just used to bounce, bounce , bounce around the stage. He must have been so hyper about his first concerts

Yes remember it well I was talking to Lee after a concert and telling him how much I enjoyed him singing If I can dream (which Elvis had sang) I told him I hadn't long come back from visiting Graceland he told me his Auntie had been a big Elvis fan and use to wear a pair of jeans with Elvis written on the back pocket, he the proceeded to stand up turn round and pat his bottom,and a very nice bottom it was too...lol

First of all - Debbie, I love that. How did you keep control with Lee exposing his derrière like that?

Secondly, I know it's not Thursday , but I missed last Throw-back Thursday and since it's the anniversary of Lee's Dublin RTE concert (thank you to Ro's tweet at Lee Mead Timeline for the reminder), how about this lovely group of reviews from Joan, Kim, Woozie, Charlee, Curly Liz, Truthie, and Another Liz. Great stuff!

DublinRTEConcert