​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Cinderella - Cardiff

Zack meets Lee 23 December. Lee was very sweet with him and Zack had more fun than it looks in the photo.

photo P1000324A.jpg

Lovely photo Maggie, thank you for posting. You must be a very proud
grandmother.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Lovely photo of Lee & your grandson, Maggie. That's typical - as soon as you put a camera in front of them they freeze up! Zack not Lee!

I thought it was worth adding a link to this lovely pic of Prince Charming and Cinderella to the thread:

https://twitter.com/HollyBluett/status/551745656025788419/photo/1

I hope everyone going to the panto in its last couple of weeks enjoys this sight

Lovely photo Thanks Greycat
I managed one visit to Panto ( thanks to a dear friend ) & I really enjo*** it.
I hope that we get lot's more reviews & photo's from you lucky ladies that are going to the last day.

Panto is over for another year & it seems that Lee has made friends with the cast & crew yet again.
Sam Kane (Director and ugly sister) posted this lovely message on his FB page.

This has been our home for the last five weeks. It has seen thousands of people pass through its doors since December 13th and we say goodbye, tomorrow. It's been one of my favourite Panto Seasons of my career. The cast are just great. I've made new friends, Lee Mead, Gareth Thomas, Holly Bluett. Actually most of the cast will remain friends. This is so rare. If you make one friend every contract, you've done well. So to have made so many is almost a miracle. Although, The show isn't just about the cast. All of the elements for success and a happy team is testament to the whole team at The New Theatre, Cardiff. From the wonderful Box office team who are the first faces the public see. The front of house team and auditorium crew, usherettes and thus, through to the fantastic backstage crew here. I've laughed so much with the guys back stage. Their professionalism and attitude back there is just first class. The crew can make or break a season. Thank you lads and lasses. The last time we were here was the Millennium year which was also a cracker but this one tops even that. Business has been out of this world and my sister on stage and my brother off, my close friend Mike Doyle has been just amazing. He is one of very few performers That I've ever worked with who can bring me to tears of laughter on stage. I love him dearly. The wonderful Lee Mead who has smashed it out of the park every single show vocally. The boys voice box is made of Iron. What a lovely, humble and kind man he is. He nailed the part of Prince Charming for me. Which, I hasten to add is one of the hardest parts to get right. First time out Holly Bluett has grown into such a wonderful and free performer. I love it when a girl has naturally funny bones. She has all the elements to be immensely successful and I wish her every success. Gareth Thomas is a true professional through and through. His ability to learn what we do in a crash course is the best I've ever seen in such a short time. His career in the arts will last a very long time. Oh. And a nicer more humble man as you'll ever meet. He just so happens to be a Welsh International Rugby Legend too. I'm not gonna mention everyone as I'm starting to bore myself but I shall finish with my beautiful girl whom every year has to put up with me. She is just the best. My wife is an incredible actress and such a consummate and brilliant performer. So much experience in front of an audience. The quickest sense of humour and the fastest ad libber ever. Almost 30 years experience as an actress. I'm not one usually for personal sentiment on here but I love her unconditionally and I'm so proud to say she's mine. Here's to another success to whoever walks this stage next year. Thank you to all at The New Theatre. Grant, Matt and Sue at stage door. All of you. It's been one to remember. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Xx

Aww, that's lovely!

Thanks for posting Joan. I enjo*** reading it.

What lovely comments by Sam.

After the final show we spoke to Andy Kane, who pla*** Buttons. He told us he often stood in the wings, listening to Lee singing, and was in absolute awe of his voice! He also said what a lovely guy Lee is (as if we didn't know that already!).

Oh come on Mr Bravenet, grow up!!!!!

Thank you for that Joan and A/Liz. So nice to hear good things.

Oops, apologies to Buttons, who was pla*** by Andy JONES, not Kane!!!

1 2