​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Concert, 7th December

Details of priority booking now on FB (as everybody probably knows!), on line or phone.

Priority booking on Monday, general public Tuesday.

I love the picture they're using!

Re: Christmas Concert, 7th December

Thanks A/Liz

I agree about the picture, it's gorgeous...
He has that far away 'dreamy' look in his eyes...and of course those wonderful CURLS! too. Yum!

Christmas concert up now on the front page of our website,
with a link to the booking page.

Bought my ticket on Monday night,it came by post 36 hours later.Row F. It's not often I buy a ticket for anything this far in advance but it's great to have it to look forward to. Hoping Lee's little joke about snow doesn't actually happen!!

I got a better seat by 'phoning, than I was offered online,by the way.
See you all there!

Lee Xmas concerts & snow seem to go together but I really hope that this one is going to be "snow free"
Yet another Sue I am so pleased you managed to get such a good seat/ticket.

I noticed that there is now a 'VIP Package' available for the Christmas concert - I think this is new(ish)? For £62.50, it includes a premium ticket, pre-show Meet and Greet with Lee Mead and exclusive goodie bag.

I'm sure most forum members who plan to go to the concert have already bought their tickets but, for anyone still thinking about it, it is another option

https://tickets.nimaxtheatres.com/WebPages/EntaWebEvent/EventSBAndPrices.aspx

Looks as if this concert is selling well
according to officially Lee Mead FB page

If anyone has yet to purchase tickets for Lee's amazing Christmas show, could we let you know that sales are going very well indeed and we are hoping for a sell-out so please don't miss out. We think those of you going may find it's a bit special this year ....

Not long to go now

And nice to see a little bit of promo for the Christmas concert in the Express today with this interview:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/536497/Lee-Mead-Christmas-Betsy-Mead

Roll on 7 December!

Nobody will probably remember, but two years ago, I missed the Xmas concert at the Barbican, due to Belgian rail strikes and the Eurostar not operating as a result thereof. I was so disappointed back then, and so I am really looking forward to the Garrick concert, and guess what, I would nearly miss it yet again, and due Belgian rail strikes YET again !! It turns out that on the day of my return, Monday 8th December, there is yet another strike, but thank God, I managed to save my trip! A friend of mine is accompanying me (it will be her first Lee experience), and her son offered to come and pick us up at Lille station in France, which is where the Eurostar will end its journey (it will not go to Brussels on the 8th). I'm so happy that I will not have to throw my ticket in the bin for the second time in two years! So, the strike is not going to keep this one away! Maria, the Belgian one

belgianleefan I am so happy that you are able to make it this time
See you there

Thanks a lot Joan, looking forward to see you too, and lots of others I hope

Sounds like it will really be amazing:

" . . . a selection of Christmas classics and carols amongst which will be Winter Wonderland, I’ll Be Home For Christmas, Blue Christmas, Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree and Silent Night."

Full article here:

BackstagePass

Have a wonderful time Belgianleefan. I like most of the songs mentioned, and can always study Lee's lovely face while he's singing the other one.

Oh it sounds very festive. I wonder if he will wear the santa hat again?

Not long to go now! I'm really looking forward to this as my first Lee concert of the year

If anyone needs last minute tickets, Ro has some very useful information on remaining availability on the Timeline HERE. The good news for Lee is that there are very few tickets left which should make for a great atmosphere on the night.

I hope everyone gets there safely and has a great time

Greycat, it will be my first Lee concert of the year too, so looking
forward to it. As I mentioned previously could only get seats in
the front row of the Upper Circle, but as long as I get to see and hear
Lee that is all that matters.

I am so pleased that you are going to be able to get to the Christmas concert maggiemay.
I have a feeling it is going to be a very special evening

Thank you.

Who is getting a bit excited
I hope to see some of you lovely ladies at the Garrick tonight.

It sounds like just about everyone was at the Christmas concert - except poor me!

Hopefully we will have reviews and maybe a photo or two as soon as everyone has recovered.

BUT - one news item: Lee is going to have a radio show on BBC Radio Essex, Christmas Day 12 till 2!!! And he hopes to have a regular weekly show, although that has not been contracted yet.

But a lovely Christmas pressie!

Have just got back to the Strand Palace Hotel after seeing Lee's concert at
the Garrick Theatre. WOW, what a fabulous concert, Lee was on top form and
looked amazing, he was in a Tuxedo with a gorgeous white shirt. Apparently
his Saville Row suit got burnt, he took it to the cleaners and got a phone
call this week to say the shop had caught fire so he had to dash out and by
a new suit for tonight.

It is over a year since I saw Lee live on stage and I have missed him so much,
so was so pleased that I managed to be at his last concert of this tour. He
just gets better and better and he is so confident on that stage and so funny
and entertaining and his voice is out of this world, that man can sing just anything,
from powerful ballads to fun songs, a truly amazing talented man.

He was so happy tonight, the theatre was packed and the atmosphere was brilliant.
I had only been able to get the front row of the Upper Circle but it turned out to
be a good seat and view of the whole stage.

Lee had hired a snow machine which, at the end of the show, turned out to be quite
hilarious, perhaps not so much for the front rows of the stalls because they
all got covered with snow which they all took very well, it was so funny to watch
from above and one lady put her umbrella up, which made everyone in the audience
laugh. Sorry to the ladies that got smothered with the stuff but it was very
funny to watch, you were all very good sports though.

I can't remember the order of the songs or all of the songs Lee sang as there
were so many but I will list the ones I remember, I am sure there will be some
great and more accurate reviews when everyone has recovered from their journeys.

Anyway here goes.

Lee started the show with True Imagination, and then the songs that I can remember
at the moment, but not in the correct order:

Singing in the Rain, a very cheeky and sexy "Kiss", Blue Christmas brilliant and
very Elvis Presley, Dancing Through Life, Fix You, Close Every Door, Anthem,
Bring Him Home, Winter Wonderland, Chestnuts - sorry I forget the proper name, and
the wonderful "All of Me" which I have not heard Lee sing before and was thrilled that he managed to fit it into a very full set list.

Duets - Luck be a Lady with Stephen. Stephen came on in a very festive jumper
and he had brought along one for Lee, which he was made to wear and I rather liked,
Lee said it was like the Christmas jumper in Bridgette Jones Dairy. The duet was
brilliant by the way.

Duets with Amanda - a fantastic As Long as your Mine, the first time I had
heard Lee and Amanda sing together, they make a brilliant team. Also, to my
delight, they sang "Baby it's Cold Outside.

Amanda sang Over the Rainbow and Stephen sang two solos, they both have lovely
voices.

Lee sang White Christmas, that is when the snow machine started with a vengeance,
whoever was working it had a very wicked sense of humour, Lee kept giggling
while he was singing, I find Lee's giggle really cute.

The finale was Any Dream will do, and then it was the end of the concert.
I just wished it could have gone on all night, but was just so happy to have
been able to go to this very special concert of Lee's.

There have been a few stage door photos posted on twitter, very nice.

maggiemay

maggiemay thank you so much for lovely review glad concert was fab and you enjo*** it you waited long enough!will be in touch,have a nice day in London xx

Lovely to hear from you maggiemay - sounds like it was truly amazing and I am so happy you were able to go.

Joan very kindly sent some photos and I have put them on the website homepage. I'm sure there will be more news tomorrow.

What can I say about last nights show other than it was truly fantastic & managed to put us all in a festive mood.

Just on train on my way home to durham from seeing Lee last night what
A fantastic snowy night loved the umberella that went up in the front
From the snowfall how relaxed was lee sang fabulous although a gentleman along
From us on the end row was complaing about a lady taking photos think its the ones
Whats on then he still had ago at her during the interval
Silly old man we were sitting in front of the casualty gang who really enjo***
Themselves and had nothing but praise for lee what great friends he has in them
Looking foward to his album next year and his tour and not forgetting the lovelee maggie ball who I met last night nice to see you well I'm off to get a coffee still mead mushed from last night luv Mazza x

Umbrella not so funny if you were sitting directly behind it, as I was, I couldn't see the stage, at all, and when I was enjoying myself so much!! Thank goodness she eventually put it down!

Well, what a magical night, which started as I walked up Charing Cross Road, listening to a Carol service from Trafalgar Square, and I also saw plumed grey horses pulling an old-fashioned carriage, with two horses behind pulling a glass Cinderella coach. London at its best!

Lee was so relaxed and funny, and on top form, as others have said. Fix You left me with a big tear coursing down my cheek. Anthem got a standing ovation. The chap in front of me (who was with Umbrella Lady!)gave Amanda Henderson a standing ovation, just himself, for her version of Somewhere over the Rainbow, and I heard him say afterwards, that it was the best he had ever heard it sung; so that all helps towards what was already a wonderful stmosphere. I love the way Lee is always so self-deprecating and once more he thanked fans for spending their hard-earned money on tickets for his shows. Said it was the culmination of a wonderful year. He will be driving through the night to see Betsy on Christmas Day and turned down the Gene Kelly role in Singin' in the Rain, because it would have meant the best part of a year away from her. (He also can't dance, he said, and 9 months dance training was involved!).

Obviously he as a great rapport with his Casualty colleagues, as he called out to George (Ethan) at one point, with some banter that I missed.

Hello to Maggie Ball, in your sparkly cardie, I saw you 3 or 4 times but you were either talking or dancing, was planning to say 'hi', we met at the Wimbledon concert years ago. I was in Row F of Stalls, you were at the front. Last seen outside the theatre as I left..

Also, big hello to the lady from Belgium, whom I also met at Wimbledon, we had a very brief chat last night on the pavement. Do hope Lee stsge-doored and you were able to give him the chocolates!

The snow was indeed hilarious, but perhaps it's easy for me to say that, as I was right on the far end of the row , I just got the odd flake, whereas the more central seats were smothered in white! Lee said it had cost £600 but not sure if that was him joshing or not!

What a fantastic way to start Christmas...

What a wonderful night to remember! The theatre was packed, which was great, and many of Lee’s friends and colleagues from Casualty were there. They were seated a couple of rows behind us, and gave Lee and Amanda a vociferous welcome, with some of them calling out and whistling, which enhanced the occasions and made it extra special. I spotted the actors who play Max, Noel, Lily and Max the paramedic, but there could well have been more and there appeared to be loads of the behind the screen guys and production folks as well. Lee was proud and touched by them all coming to see him and he said they had hired a charabang to bring them all here from Cardiff.
I was please he sang all his standout numbers like Close Every Door, Kiss, Anthem, Fix You and Bring Him Home as well as his new number All of Me. There were also a fair number of Christmas songs and he did a jokey impression of Elvis while singing Blue Christmas. Before he sang Fix You he mentioned that 18 months ago he’d been involved in a very public break up, and he’d been devastated and it had been the most painful time of his life. By now of course he is in a much better place but Fix You helped him though it somehow.
He looked great in his new tuxedo. He told the story of his Saville Row suit being burned and he’d received the call on Friday, so he’d had a stressful time rushing off to get the tux to wear. The snow machine started up during his first Christmas song after Blue Christmas, and it did add a lovely ambiance to the proceedings. Stephen appeared wearing a Christmas jumper with bells sewn on it, which caused a few jokes, especially when Lee reached out and tweaked one of the bells on Stephen’s chest. He’d brought a blue jumper for Lee to wear, picked because it was the colour of Lee’s favourite footie team.
I am sure more people will add to reports of the evening but here are a few things I recall. Lee is doing a 2 hour radio show on BBC Radio Essex which will be broadcast on Christmas Day at 2pm. If it goes well it could lead to a regular radio show, but he admitted he is nervous.
Amanda was wearing some sparkly high heels but when Lee left the stage after their duet she took them off admitting they were hurting her feet.
The snow machine did go somewhat haywire in the second half and instead of pouring snow on the stage it fell on quite a number of the front rows of the audience. Lee apologised but also found it amusing and he was laughing while singing. He said when he had the Coliseum concert he hired a cheap snow machine that cost £150 but this one had cost him £600 and he’d even had to get a licence from Westminster Council to use it in the theatre. It is so nice that he speaks so frankly about everything.
He spoke about staying on in Casualty and how friendly all the cast and crew are and how happy he is there. All in all the audience, the mishaps and the jollity of Lee and his guest made it an evening to be remember and judging by Lee’s tweet this morning he found it unforgettable too.

Thanks to everyone for the great reviews!

Lovely message from Lee in the concert program.

photo ChristmasGarrick3_zps0e652aa6.jpg

Thank you so much Lin for posting that lovely message from Lee. I couldn't
buy a programme as I didn't get to the theatre until just before 7 oclock
and therefore I didn't have time to search for anyone selling them. I am
hoping that Lee's agents may have some spare ones left so that perhaps they
may be able to post one to me if I send them the cost of the programme plus postage.
I will get in touch with Eclipse to see if that is possible.

Thank you so much Ladies for the most wonderful reviews here, makes it seem like we were part of it too! Also the photo's I've seen have been fantastic! Thank you to the photographers who have done a grand job once more.

Thanks to everybody who made this a lovely night out for me, the ladies I shared a great meal with earlier, then the kind ladies who got me safely into a taxi afterwards. Thanks to Anne, who got me my ticket, an excellent view! Most of all to Lee for generously giving his time at the stage door, and for being close enough for me to watch happily from a slight distance. (I didn't go forward this time as I'd had the chance to talk to him at Southend and Guildford but am going to be greedy again in January and see if I can get a word with him.)

More on the actual concert soon.

I have a complaint to make ... that in these days of modern technology (a) something hasn't been invented to bottle and preserve every single moment of certain important events (current recording/filming devices don't count), and (b) that a law hadn't been passed that it was compulsory to record for posterity (see (a) above) every single, delicious moment of Mr Mead's Christmas Concert so that we could be physically transported back to the Garrick on the evening of 7th December 2014.

To say I loved it is an understatement. From our vantage point we were very 'up close and personal' and notwithstanding the very high stage at the Garrick, it was brilliant and I adored every single moment! We got smothered in snow, and I have been to comedies where I have laughed less - it was hysterical, and my sides were aching by the end. Lee, Stephen and Amanda were on top form, Lee looked and sounded wonderful ... have to say my highlight was the very sexy 'Kiss', where one of our group thought she might be about to get a personal lap dance!!!!

I'm still re-living it in my mind. Thank you Joan for your photos on the "front page" as I call it - also, there are lots more appearing on Lee's FB page as we speak. Now where's that time machine ....?

ALiz, may I also add a request (c) for a transporter to beam me over to each and every concert/performance by Lee Mead? Anywhere, anytime, all the time.

I love all the reviews - thank you all so much!!

P.S. OLM has offered to make programmes available after the holidays to any who wish to purchase them. Just email Lynn at intern@eclipseartistsagency.com and she will let you know how much it will be with postage (as soon as they figure it out.)

Thanks Ladies for your lovely reviews and the photos on the 'front door', that's what I call it . Don't think I can add anything, but agree with everyone that it was a wonderful concert and Lee looked and sounded terrific and was clearly enjoying himself.
A/Liz I would have been a puddle on the floor if that had happened

Thanks from me too ladies, for the lovely reviews and photos.

What an amazing concert, a total 'Winter Wonderland with bells on'
It had everything, even a 'White out' at one point! Lol!, such fun though.
I cannot think of one emotion I didn't feel during the evening, and I have never seen Lee look so happy, a sheer delight to witness.
He gave his all to every song, and it was a truly magical evening.
That 'Tux' white shirt and bow tie wasn't bad either!!!

Thanks Lee, you did us all proud, along with guests Steven, Amanda and your brilliant band too...
All I can add here is - more similar tours next year pretty please Mr Mead,
Good luck 'Prince Charming' with your Panto season in Cardiff too, and a very...

'Happy Christmas to you all'

Thanks for all the great reviews, ladies!

Nice, also, to see an 'official' review.

Thanks ladies. I've been reliving sunday evening through all of your reviews.
I don't think I can add anything except to say I felt very lucky that I was there on such a special evening. It was a wonderful atmosphere.
A Liz, I agree, if only it was on DVD for us to watch over & over again.

Ro has now posted her lovely review on her Timeline page of Lee's Christmas concert plus
some great photos, she has also posted a scan of the whole programme
which you can click onto to enlarge.

I was lucky enough to be at this absolutely fantastic concert and it
is lovely to re-live it through Ro's review and all the lovely forum
reviews that have been posted.