​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee On Radio 2 Sunday 20th April

Lee is going to be on Richard Madeley's radio show next Sunday - from 11am on Radio 2! He'll be singing two songs according to the blurb:-

LINKY THING

I wonder what he'll be singing?

Re: Lee On Radio 2 Sunday 20th April

Is there a listen again just in case I miss it.

Thanks

Wow! Stunning! What a treat!

Loved it. Lee sounded stunning and I thought Richard Madely did a very good interview.

Lee's about to be interviewed! The song playing now in the lead-up is 'Mad About The Boy'! Rather appropriate, I think!

600 performances of Joseph! Blimey!

"Are you physically fit?" I think we all know the answer to that!

'Father & Son'! Blimey, that was EPIC! Absolutely stunning! *BOW* I actually can't believe he was singing live!

He doesn't read music. Interesting.

Essex. I didn't know Richard Madeley was from Essex.

'Luck Be A Lady'! God, this sounds so polished! Again, it's hard to believe he's singing live because it's so good!

Aah, nice interview!

Oh, and Will and Mason's instrumental accompaniment was awesome as well!

Fabulous only poblem I had was I put 2 table spoons of salt in yorkshire pud mix !!!!!!! While listening to him sing so had to do again lol luv Mazzax

Oh no! Good job you realised you'd done it, or those would have been interesting tasting yorkshires!

He was absolutely brilliant wasn't he . Hello all sorry about this long silence.

Hello chantale - lovely to hear from you!

And, yes, he was marvelous, wasn't he?

And an interviewer who let it be a conversation so he sounded thoughtful intelligent and fun. And his voice was spot on!

And a read out of our tweet, which was really fun.

Listen again link (which I had to do since I slept through the live version) is on the home page. Lee's bit begins about 33:40 into the program.

A lovely interview with Richard M...
A gorgeous very relaxed Lee...
Singing two wonderful songs!...

'Happy Easter' everyone'...

Great to hear Richard read out the 'Tweets' too...
Thanks for the 'link' ladies

Chantale lovely to see you on the Forum again.

It was a fantastic interview, which left me smiling from ear to ear. It just captured Lee in all his gorgeousness so well. And the two songs were stunning. Father and son in particular just blew me away. If you haven't heard this live do everything you can to get a ticket for a concert as it is truly a sight/sound to behold. I cried all the way through it when he performed it last year.

Thanks for this, I'd made notes about the programme for a friend but think it's all been covered in this post. Loved Lee's acting in Father and Son, he made the two characters in the song totally different.

Listening to 'Father & Son', I was reminded of ADWD - when Rob sang 'Piano Man' and ALW pointed out that it was supposed to be two different characters, but you couldn't tell from Rob's performance. I think ALW would have been impressed with Lee's performance of 'Father & Son'!

I got my boss to listen to that interview this morning.
She was really impressed that Lee was singing live in the studio
In fact she was so impressed she sent the link to her grown up children
one of them a very talented musician.
It's funny that sense of satisfaction you get when you hear these lovely comments from people that have never seen Lee perform.