​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee on BBC Radio Bristol and Somerset - 3 June

Just a heads up in case anyone missed this announcement on FB:

Lee will be interviewed live on BBC Radio Bristol and BBC Radio Somerset tomorrow afternoon between 1410 and 1440. He will be talking about the next show in Yeovil.

You can 'Listen Live' here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zgt73

And you can tweet any questions you have for Lee to BBC Radio Bristol and presenter Graham Rogers (sitting in for usual presenter, Laura Rawlings) at @bbcrb and @itsGrahamRogers.

Re: Lee on BBC Radio Bristol and Somerset - 3 June

Ahh, nice interview (though I missed the first couple of minutes).

Lee sounded calm and relaxed. LASC is now back up to 150 pages! Some interesting questions (supplied by fans via twitter) - Lee was complementary about Stephen R-H (in response to a question about his dream duet partner) and mentioned being a Rod Stewart fan!

Interesting response to a question about whether he'd like to play Joseph again. He said he would, but not a long run.

Thanks for the overview Jo

I'm at work so will have to catch up with the full interview on 'Listen Again' later.

Interesting that Lee would consider playing Joseph again (for a short run) - I'm betting that he wouldn't have said that 2 or 3 years ago but it's now five years since he last played the role and, as time passes, he probably looks back at that time with increasing nostalgia!

I don't think 'Joseph' is likely to come back to the West End (or Broadway) in the foreseeable future so a short stint in touring Joseph would probably be Lee's only opportunity to play the role again. I don't know if he would do that. Touring Joseph, by the way, has just announced a new cast - Lloyd Daniels (X Factor) as Joseph, Danielle Hope as Narrator and Matt Lapinskas (ex-Eastenders) as Pharaoh:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/production/2014/06/x-factors-lloyd-daniels-join-danielle-hope-joseph-tour/

Bill Kenwright is still fond of his blonde Josephs!

I thought he was going to say no! A one off concert like they have done for Phantom and Les Mis would be good

I must admit, I was surprised by his response to that question.

I vaguely remember Lloyd Daniels from XF. I just youtubed him:-

LINKY THING

and a more recent clip:-

LINKY THING

Nice to see Bill Kenwright continuing his tradition of casting bland, blonde boy-band types!

The interview's now available on 'Listen Again' here (complete with a nice pic of Lee in the studio):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zgt73

Lee appears at around the 10 minute mark. Decent length of interview too - sometimes the radio interviews are only 5 or 6 minutes!

Thanks for the link Greycat.
Nice interview & lovely pic too!

I was very surprised at Lee saying he would do Joseph again,I remember a few years ago he said he would never do Joseph again,he said you don't go back.
But in the interview he said he wouldn't mind doing a one off Joseph for charity which is different altogether