​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Warner's "Star Break Weekend" May 2015

Sorry that we had to delete Another Liz' thread about this from yesterday, but it had not been confirmed by Lee's representation - and we have been asked to always wait for their confirmation before posting any concert news.

But all is well now, and this exciting event has been confirmed. Woohoo!!!

Please see the website home page for the booking link.

MeadaholicsHomePage

I've never seen England in the spring . . . hmmmmm . . .

Re: Warner's "Star Break Weekend" May 2015

Great news, he's coming to my home town!!!!!!

Holme Lacy House is about 10 minutes away from where I live. It is a stunning house set in beautifully landscaped gardens, including a yew hedge sculptured like a procession of elephants, from certain angles!! There are some lovely walks around the house. I have had afternoon tea there, and I still have a voucher for their spa, so I may treat myself on Sunday 17th May and lurk about,as sadly there is no way I can justify the cost of a weekend in a hotel which is "on my doorstep" - it is a shame that we couldn't just go to the concert, but I assume that this is not possible.

...... just realised, he MAY have to literally pass my house on his way to Holme Lacy House.

Re: Warner\'s \"Star Break Weekend\" May 2015

If there are any places left by the end of October, when I get my redundancy pay, and I can organise transport, being a non-driver, this could be a nice little retirement treat even if it'll be a little deferred!

Just found out I can pay a deposit for now so this could be a real possibility!

Re: Warner\\\'s \\\"Star Break Weekend\\\" May 2015

Where do you travel from?

Re: Warner\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\\"Star Break Weekend\

I can get from Sheffield to Hereford on the train, would be more than willing to pay towards petrol costs if anybody out there could help me with transport between Hereford and Holme Lacy.

Re: Warner\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s \\\\\\

Had to laugh at a review on Tripadvisor which was supposed to be adverse, it mentioned that the place was 'like an old peoples' home', while another review said that there were zimmer frames and motor scooters all over the reception area.
And I thought 'Yes! Sounds just right for me and my wobbly walk!'
When I said it was selling fast, by the way, I was looking at the fact that all single rooms with walk-in showers were sold out.

Re: Warner Hotel Break

Another Lee concert coming up! May everyone going to Holme Lacy have a fabulous weekend

I wonder if Lee will debut any new songs from the forthcoming album or if he is keeping those under wraps for the tour?

Did reluctantly decide against this in the end, but am very much looking forward to reports.

Hopefully we will have some reviews soon but, in the meantime, our lovely Petrus the Pirate snagged this:

photo 2015May17-WarnersConcert_zpsilfrbqon.jpg

Thanks Petrus, lovely photo.

Yes, that's a lovely photo. Thanks Petrus!

Petrus has come home to a very busy Monday, but she gave me her permission to share this on the Forum:

Hi All, we're back - had a smashing weekend at Holme Lacy topped off by an hour long set from Lee. It kicked off though with microphone gremlins, we knew he was singing Pure Imagination, and you could hear 'him', even though the mic wasn't on!

Then he launched into Close Every Door, still no mic, but the audience had started to fret they were missing out. A techy guy ran on with a replacement mic. Then Lee had mic stand failure, once all the commotion was over he was past the mood for CED at that point, so went Singing in the Rain instead...

He performed some MGM songs, then turned the lights down low for Hallelujah, All of You and Bring Him Home. Lightened the mood with Day Dream Believer, though the pianist decided to play this intro when Lee had introduced Close Every Door, so he felt a little doomed that he'd ever sing that song this evening.

He talked about how lovely Holme Lacy was when his first job saw him singing in a cage on booze cruises! He also included Music of the Night, Anthem and ADWD. An hour long set was soon over and he was off back to Cardiff, but it had been a cracking hour as he was on top form!

Ladies afterwards remarked on how endearing he was, and funny and gracious when all around him was going wrong.

Thanks to Petrus for the photo & review & thanks Lin for posting.
He doesn't let little things like failed mics or wrong intros faze him does he?
It sounds as if the hour went all too quickly.

Thanks for the review and photo ladies

Sounds as though the evening went well - eventually!

No new songs on the setlist then? Lee is still keeping his cards close to his chest re the content of the SEE album and tour.

I saw an article / Musical theatre review that said
On this, his fourth UK live outing, Mead will turn back the musical clock to the golden age of Hollywood and celebrate some of the classic songs that that have become a part of our musical heritage. He will be accompanied on stage by his band with new arrangements from MD Mason Neely, special guest Amanda Henderson (Oliver!, Les Misérables) who stars alongside Mead in Casualty.

Amongst the set list for the show will be ‘Some Enchanted Evening’, ‘Singin’ in the Rain’, ‘Where Or When’, ‘I Fall In Love Too Easily’, ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’, ‘One For My Baby’, ‘Broadway Melody’ and ‘The Way You Look Tonight’.

Warners was a lovely relaxing weekend & I am sure that Lee gained a few new fans

Unfortunately we had a side view & my photo's are not that good.
Mic Problems:
 photo w1.jpg
 photo 11114781_10206437053943139_8930248066999335515_o1.jpg
Charming:
 photo W2.jpg

photo 11336878_10206437057703233_7575900988101975067_o.jpg

Those photos are really nice, he's just as lovely from the side!

You may have wondered why we had no actual news item on the website for the Warner's Holme Lacy concert. Well, it's because we were waiting for some fantastic photos - and they have arrived! They are the work of Phil Simmons and are for personal use only. They may not be published, shared, or used for any commercial purpose without his written consent.

Here's an extra one - but be sure and check out the others. They are gorgeous!!

photo HolmeLacy-PhilSimmons-3_zpshafpnotz.jpg

And just FYI, Phil has offered high resolution digital images of all four photos to anyone for a contribution to MTC. Email us (teamlmas@gmail.com) for details.

I've seen them . . . they are GORGEOUS!!!!

Lovely photos!