​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beck Theatre, Hayes - Sunday!!

Starting this with the hope that anyone attending will share their experience with those of us who cannot be there. I'm sure it will be as amazing as usual, but we never tire of hearing all about it. x o

Re: Beck Theatre, Hayes - Sunday!!

Wishing everyone going to Sunday's concert a fabulous time!

Looking forward to hearing all about it

Looking forward to concert only hope there is air con in the thearte as when we arrived at my sisters its really hot and humid here in Hayes would not mind if Lee strpis off his shirt though (thud) enjoy all who are going luv Mazza x

It does have air con. Don't know whether to be pleased or not now you have put that thought in my mind!

Its really hot an humid in the whole of the south east! A bit of air con would be nice but so would some bare arms .

Just back from Lees concert fab fab love the doctors coat glasses standing ovation for bring him home stepen and lee together singing fantastic more later Luv Mazza x

Thank you Mazza, looking forward to hearing more soon.

Yes that goes for me too! thanks Mazza,would loved to have been there for standing ovation xx

.....so there I was, innocently enjoying my cold ice cream in the interval (it was very hot!!) and the music started for Dancing though life but no Lee!! He appeared after a short while....strutted on in a doctors coat with a green stethoscope and black rimmed glasses! Everyone collapsed with laughter, it was a very very funny moment. I nearly spilt my ice cream!! He sang the whole song in the coat and afterwards said that he didn't get the doctor part in Casualty so he thought he would bring it to the show!!

There were lots of funny moments....Stephen lurking at the side of the stage during Kiss (yes Kiss was back with a vengeance) and Lee telling him to go away at the end after he'd joked about Lee's dancing!

And Lee (whilst introducing Stephen) saying that he (Lee) comes with a package!! Then looking down at us, realising the wavelength that we were on and saying, 'you dirty people!' LOL. WE also got pointed at at one point during an early song.....maybe Cassie will remember the line that he was singing.

After dancing Kiss he was complaining that it was hot so someone shouted to him to take off his jacket. So he obliged by undoing a shirt button and apologising to any men in the audience!!

He was in a good place tonight, clearly responded to the lively audience and gave them the best show.

After a stressful journey driving the M25 which is my nightmare road and then taking the wrong exit onto the M4 in the wrong direction, I'm so so glad that I went!!

I'm sure some other will fill you in more....I have a date tomorrow with TOM.
Over and out.
A few pics to follow.

Dr Mead and friends. Sorry none of Stephen. Credit Jazzylou.

\"

photo SAM_1401_zps4b86e1b6.jpg

photo SAM_1402_zps64fa8416.jpg

photo SAM_1403_zps4eb3e599.jpg

photo SAM_1430_zps0f6e8819.jpg

photo SAM_1437_zpsb2cc5769.jpg

This one got away. Not the best but the best I have. Hopefully others will surface.

photo SAM_1400_zps254d10fc.jpg

Wow, thanks for the speedy reports Mazza and Jazzylou - and special thanks for the photos.

It sounds as though Lee can really relax and enjoy himself at concerts now. Certainly from tonight's tweet, he seems to have enjoyed the evening as much as the most appreciative fans in the audience!

@leemeadofficial: "Brilliant audience at @BeckTheatre tonight !! Had a lot of fun, thank you to everyone who came out. Xx"

Thanks Jazzy! Sounds like a great night!

Wow! Looks like it was a fun night! Thanks for the reviews and pictures Jazzylou!

Thanks Jazzy it sounded like a great night with Lee in good form

Not much to add to jazzylous report only a few snippets to add he said he was now single
And he was at the thearte from 1:30 and few kebab places and it was along time so someone in theaudience said he could have gone round to my place he said some thing cheeky which I did not hear properly he has really changed he is now more chatty and his voice did not let him down sang collide and a song his dad liked moonriver as it reminded him of his nan father and son was good he also mentioned he did have a recently bad time did not go into detail his dancing with the doctors coat on etc had me in stitches he said the first dancing doctor stephen said I can't belive you have come on stage with that doctors coat pretending to listen to heart he went off skipping still singing dancing through life standing ovation and the end of his concert as as usual he had us singing any dream will do to which he did say early on in the evening they will be saying I hope he sings adwd while standing waiting to get in well one out the way close every door stephen also did not let us down singing bridge over troubled water and unchained melody to which he got whoops of delight from the audience lastly a gentleman sitting behind us at the end of bring him home made a comment saying well done lad to which I turned round and smiled at him hats all I can think of at the minute as on my way back home just stopped for a coffee oh he did say he would be at the carrick thearte and something about pensions maybe someone else will remember luv Mazzax

2 photo b055ebaf-388a-41db-9a89-67cf72b1c219_zpsdf83c578.jpg

Hayes a night to remember

I hadn't intended to go to this concert,as I thought I would have family commitments but I got back on Saturday and was tempted by friends to get the ticket,that was on offer on the Forum (so glad I did),and the OH was pleased I could go as he could watch the German Grand Prix in peace!

I left home at 3pm and as I got nearer to where my ticket was waiting for me I noticed lots of people standing on bridges crossing the road I was travelling on....
When I got to where my ticket was waiting for me under a Milk bottle, as I picked it up the Red Arrows flew over me streaming Red White and Blue Vapour. I sat and watched for a few minutes, they were brilliant to see it, so it must be an omen of things to come (I had forgotten that the Farnborough Air Show was on).

I got to the theatre at 5pm, earlier than I had expected as I was not meeting Joan until 5.30pm and the car park seemed empty apart from a man sat in a car that looked vaguely familiar, I phoned my OH to tell him I had arrived safely at the theatre and as I did so I dropped my Hankie bent down to pick it up and leant on my car horn as I did so!
As I looked up I saw Lee and his Mum and Dad looking at me so I dived back down in embarrassment. The man I had seen sat in the car was Lee’s dad, who must have been waiting for him.

Then I saw some ladies walking into the theatre, so I thought it must be open. So rather than sit in what looked to me like an almost empty car park I would go and see if I could get a drink in there as it was so hot and muggy.
To my amazement the foyer café was full of friendly faces. So I got a cold drink and sat talking with friends and one offered me an upgraded ticket from row F to Row B well how could I refuse?
So thank you to the lady in question.
I talked with them until Joan arrived. Joan and John had bought the Mushroom Collecting boxes for us to stand with after the show. I had my instructions on how not to shake it or intimidate people in to giving.

So the Stage was set.
The theatre was air conditioned which I was pleased about although it was still a little hot in there. The lights went down and on stage came Will Stuart the keyboard player to loud applause; he looked a little taken aback.
Then as he played the intro to ‘Pure Imagination’ the first sound of Lee’s voice came drifting on to the stage just before he did.
He looked very fine in his suit and sounded divine.
Close every door was next always sung with such emotion.
He introduced Singing in the Rain by telling us that his fourth album was to be of MGM film musical songs and he was trying them out on his tour now.
I love Some Enchanted Evening and Collide.
Fix You next, he said it helped him through his difficult time and you can hear that in his voice as he sings.

Lee introduced Stephen Rahman-Hughes with a long list of things Stephen had done, and told us that they came with a package...
which caused much laughter; he then realised what he had said! Stephen sang Nature Boy and Unchained Melody, after his song’s he said that he was going to teach Lee some dance moves during the interval.

Next we heard the Intro to Kiss and Lee bounced on stage in full Kiss mode, from where I sat I could see Stephen pulling faces at him and teasing him about his dancing in the wings, Lee was giggling as well while singing, at the end Stephen came on stage and shrugged his shoulders as if to say well I told you, and Lee showed him back off stage.
They really do bounce of one another and it is fun to see.
He then calmed things down before the interval with Hallelujah and Here Comes the Sun which he dedicated to Betsy.

Second Half
In the interval I bought an ice cream as it was so hot but it seemed a short interval and we were called back to our seats before I had finished it.

The band came back on stage and the intro to Dancing through Life started and we heard Lee’s voice drift onto the stage but no Lee. Then he strolled out in a white doctor’s coat, green stethoscope and his glasses, well the audience just erupted into fits of laughter (wish I had finished my Ice cream before LOL) half way through the band were laughing so much Will forgot to turn the page on his music and they all had to stop and pick up again from where they left off; so funny. He said he would like to play a doctor and this was his only chance he would have.

He then sang Father and Son and Bring Him Home
to which he got a standing ovation.
Then Stephen came back to the stage holding the stethoscope and said I can’t believe you just did that LOL. They sang their duet Luck be a Lady,changing a lot of the words I must add as they bantered off one another;
a joy to see and so funny. Stephen then sang two more songs A Case of You and Bridge over troubled water.

Lee then sang his lovely rendition of Music of the night, and The Way You Look Tonight. He then livened things up with Crazy Little Thing Called Love with lots of dancing about.
Then slowed it right back down for the finale with Moon River after which they all left the stage,only to come back a few seconds later to do the encore Any Dream Will Do.

A truly wonderful concert.
Happy and bouncy Lee full of fun and to think I so nearly missed it all.
I did my duty with the collection for The Mushroom Theatre Company, Lee’s chosen charity after the show and I remembered not to shake my collecting box which I must say was hard.

And was lucky enough to capture a few photos of him in the foyer after.
After an hour and half drive home, and I went to bed felling very lucky I had witnessed such a great concert.

PS Hope the WJ ladies got home safely today, and not lost as we did last night to getttig them back to their hotel
Wrong postcode in Satnav but we got there in the end LOL

Best I could do in the pic dept as we were inside and lots of folk wanted his attention.

Wonderful evening full of great songs and humour. At one stage wwe were treated to Mr Mead in a Doctors coat and a very large pair of glasses, asking if anyone needed their temperature taken needless to say he had plenty of offers.!!

Much the same tunes as Yeovil "Kiss" was back which hotted things up for certain members of the audience !

Stephen RH was his guest again, but more subdued this time although he did have some comedy moments with Lee, he sang some of my favourite songs but I am not keen on the fancy bits he puts in (with you there Coofy)But he seems a lovely guy and his friendship with Lee is lovely

Had my own "magic moment" before the show started I was waiting at the Box Office when Lee came ito the Foyer looking hansome in a striped T shirt and and short trousers he saw me said "Hi Maggie" and gave me a hug. I was with a new lady who was thrilled to meet him and he signed her photo which made her day first time she had seen him up close.

We had a quck journey home as Hayes is a near one for us.

photo 3a2271fb-239c-4734-8a7f-91c86652823f.jpg
 photo a3992074-3111-4618-9538-80deb909d529.jpg
 photo 40b9cf36-124b-4b4c-a269-5379fb548025.jpg

Thanks Maggie hope you got your kiss!!

Thanks Sunny-mead

Thank you for all the reviews and pics. Dr Mead - I love Lee's eccentricity!!!

Can't wait for Horsham

Not much to add to the reviews already posted but I will do my best

Once we got to the theatre & we met up with Sue/SunnyMead & a few other fans
My OH had to step in at the last minute as my theatre buddy was not able to make it He seemed to enjoy the evening.
Lee came on singing Pure imagination which always gives me goosebumps & sets the scene for the evening. Last night he seemed chattier than usual, he was smiley & funny. There was a bit more dancing during singing in the rain?
I think Stephen has been giving Lee a few dance moves to practice.
Collide was probably the best that I have heard him sing it
He was particularly flirty during Kiss.
Undoing shirt buttons & acting surprised at the whoops & whistles.
Then a complete mood change with Hallelujah Luck be a lady with Stephen has now become a classic & I loved it even more last night
The big hoot of the evening was at the start of the 2nd half when we could hear Lee’s voice singing DTL but we couldn’t see him.
Then when he stepped on stage wearing the doctors white coat glasses & stethoscope the whole theatre roared with laughter.
The band was in stitches & lost their way.
It really showed what a good comedy actor he could be.

After Music of the night he did the phantom hand over face gesture. I’m sure he would like to do that one day.
More lovely Lee moves during Crazy little thing called love & before we knew it the show was drawing to an end.
during the interval we swapped our centre of row B seats for seats near the end of the row. So that we could make a swift move out to the foyer for collecting.
We had been given permission from the theatre Lee & Lee's agent to do this
Unfortunate because that meant we missed them taking the final bows.
The first person to put money in my collection box was Lee’s dad.
He said something like we have to support this charity as much as we can.

It was so hot we went outside & manged to catch up with some old friends that I haven't seen for a long time.
The whole evening was perfect

Thank you Joan,hope the collection went well,sounded a great evening

Thank you ladies for taking the time to post all your great
reviews and photos, very much appreciated.

Thanks to everybody for those great reviews, will try and do my own tomorrow.

Gosh, it was HOT HOT HOT in Hayes on Sunday evening and I'm not talking about the present heatwave.....
I can't add much to the great reviews already posted but I must say that his obvious happiness made it one of the best concerts for me. I know he's always bouncy and happy but somehow on Sunday night he seemed on a different level. The audience responded in spades and the rapport flowed.
The "Dr" act was the funniest thing. It was the last thing we were expecting and when we heard his voice singing away in the wings it did flash through my mind is Stephen going to push him on stage in a wheelbarrow a/la Wicked??
The sight of him in the old traditional Dr's coat with the dangly green stethoscope and the heavy rimmed glasses was a sight I will never forget . He seemed to go into a sort of Norman Wisdom type state.His dancing, while singing away in that get up, was hysterical The bit where the band lost their way was so funny and I loved the way he handled that. So professional but so natural and it had us in stitches. He waggled his specs and for a second dear old Eric Morecombe was standing in front of us. He teased us by slowly ripping at the Velcro holding the coat together. He isn't as innocent as he likes to make out is he ladies, haha. His confidence is at an all time high and it shows. As he hopped and skipped into the wings all that was missing was little Ern. He really has a great gift for comedy doesn't he and I hope he gets a role where he can show this side of him more.
Kiss was fantastic even though Steve and Jo were in the audience. We've noticed that if they are in he sometimes tones the moves down a little bit but not on Sunday night....Oh No....Very good moves, even in all that heat, phew.
The fans were out in force in the audience during that little number. Fans as in cooling breeze I mean I feel sure that if there had been steps down from the stage he would have sashayed his way down into the audience, such was his enjoyment and the obvious fun and laughter ringing round the auditorium.

He gave us a brilliant night and it was great to see everyone, which is always part of the joy of going for me. Specially nice to see Kirsten and Karen. It was lovely to have a chat with you both.
Thank you again Sunny-mead for the lift back to our hotel.
Note to Self....when sitting next to driver and instructed to give correct hotel post code to Sat Nav lady, concentrate on the various numbers and letters and stop babbling on about the effect the new grey suit had on our Man's delectable legs. Sorry about that Sunny, lol.
Roll on Horsham. Let's hope we have a medical interlude again !!

Great review, Sue!

LOVE reading all the reviews - each from your individual perspective but all LOVING LEE!!! It's so wonderful to hear that he is happy. Means the world, doesn't it?

Thank you all for posting - Tanith next?? Please??

Hello, I just wrote a not so short review, and when I tried to post it, a message came, saying it contained spam, although I have no idea what the spam could have been.... I'll have to start all over again... If only ones text could be kept for correcting and trying to find out what the spam could have been after such a message, but from previous experience I know that it's gone...
Hope I still find the courage to start again tonight, if not it will be for tomorrow, sorry for that! The Belgian one

Hi belgianleefan
Just a helpful hint :) I find it best if to put everything on a word document or an Email page if you don't have a word doc, and then paste it across that way you don't loose it and need to start again. Hope this of help

Thanks Sunny-mead, didn't think of this, but I'll surely do so when I start again!

Great reviews and photos.
Thank you ladies.

Lee just keeps getting better and better doesn't he? and I agree SueC he does have a great gift for comedy - his timing is perfect, and he can certainly make an audience laugh.

Hi Belgianleefan the same thing happenened to me and I was only thanking the ladies for the reviews,it was one word I was using that they would not let me post(and it wasn't rude) does anyone know what spam means

Hi Acer, so I'm not the only one, that's a good question you put, because I have no clue what the spam could be, there were no rude words or anything I can think of in my review, I'll try to write it again tomorrow, and hope I get through to posting it! Strange thing is this never happened to me in all the past years, just in my last two posts I had this problem occurring, rather annoying

You are not alone ladies, it has happened to me too, and there is nothing more frustrating than slaving over a really good post only to find it has been denied access to the Forum through so called 'spam' (whatever it is in this case) or the post completely disappears for good. Grrr!

My antidote for this at present and it may help others too, is when you have finished your message, don't go into 'Preview Message' but go straight to 'Post message' and post it (warts and all) straight to the Forum, then when it appears on site, go to 'edit'(straight away) this brings it back, and you can do your corrections, then repost.

I do hope I'm not treading on any toes here, but it has been the only way I've been able to post for quite awhile now...
Maybe this is something for our 'ladies in charge' to have a look at in due course please!...

Hmmm . . .

All I know, for what it's worth, is Bravenet (the server for the Forum) seems to be having issues across the board. I know that several have had trouble logging onto the forum even with the correct password, and other issues have arisen in the past few months.

Nothing has been changed with the Forum server - and maybe that is the problem as it is rather old and cumbersome. (*ahem* Nothing personal there I'm talking about the server!! )

But that is why we started the Facebook chat page, Meadaholics.com, just in case Bravenet goes belly up - at least we will still have a place for lusting chatting about Lee.

Hmmm . . . May have to call in the Pirate.

C Liz I have always gone straight to 'Post message' and then edited for shortish posts but for reviews I do the same as SunnyMead & use word doc then copy & paste

I have not had any problems so far "Touch Wood" but I know that bravenet has been having a few problem recently
I know that is not very helpful

I do hope that it wont put off potential posters/ reviewers
I love to hear everyone's take on the show

The spam thing is a bit of a pain. It's happened to me a few times.

I've got into the habit of copying the message before hitting send, so if bravenet kicks off, I can just hit paste to bring it back. It's a bit of a pain, though.

Thanks for your 'info' ladies... I will try anything! Lol!
As I don't do 'Facebook' I must admit I do hope this Forum continues. I would certainly hate to lose it...Cross fingers everyone!...

Great reviews and photos, thanks ladies. Nothing more to add really, like you Sue, I thought for a minute that Stephen was going to wheel Lee on in a wheelbarrow (a la Wicked) when he didn't appear straight away for Dancing through Life, and visions of white breeches flashed before my eyes.

It's getting to be a habit all this accidental tooting of car horns at the sight of Lee, Sunnymead, Cassie did the same in Yeovil.

It was a brilliant concert.

Ok, here goes for the second attempt! I’ve gladly taken up Sunny-meads tip and typed my text in a word doc and then copied it!

I had a bit of a scare arriving at Hayes station. At home in Belgium, I had tried to look up how to get to the theatre from the station, and it said it was half an hour walk, no problem, so I printed a map to find my way. But outside the station I couldn’t find the street I had to start my walk from, and it was almost 6 pm by then; so I went up to a lady and asked her to direct me to this street and told her I was walking to the Beck theatre; she looked at me as if I were an alien, and said it would take me an hour instead of half an hour… The stress started hitting me then… She told me I had to take a bus, but when I asked her if you could still pay with money on the bus, she said no and then had to take her own bus and left. OMG, what now? A man had overheard me talking to the lady and confirmed it was too long of a walk; but then he pointed out a taxi office to me; I had seen some cars standing there as I came out of the station, but as they had no taxi sign on them, I didn’t trust that, but luckily it were genuine taxi’s and a good 10 minutes later I was dropped off at the theatre, phew !! That’ll teach me a lesson, to take an earlier train out of London in the future!

Well, what can I add to all the lovely and extensive reviews above, very little I’m afraid… I totally agree with all that has been said already. It was the best I’ve ever seen Lee (and of course that is no way near as much as all you UK ladies have, I know, but still…). He was so extravert, so full of life, so bouncing, so energetic, so selfconfident, and so utterly funny! I think I’ve seldom come out of a theatre feeling so good! Having listened to that wonderful voice, having laughed so much… The more intimate songs gave me goosebumps more than once, although it was a bit warm in the theatre… I’m so glad I decided to go to London for the weekend with Lee’s concert being the main target! Yes, it was a brilliant, memorable night that will stay with me for a very, very long time I think!

The fact that he mentioned the ones in the audience coming from a bit further away (Yorkshire, Norway, Belgium (yeah!) and from very far away (South Africa) was of course very nice. Although I was a bit shocked when he asked ‘did you bring any chocolates for me’? Whoops! But, I made up for that when I had the chance to after the show: I said to him: I’m the Belgian one Lee, and I’m sorry that I didn’t bring you any chocolates, but if I had, it would have been hot chocolate to drink by now, wouldn’t it? That made him laugh, but, I said: I’ll make it up to you at your Christmas concert at the Garrick theatre! Oh no he replied, you don’t have to, I was only joking. Well, as it’s winter then, I surely will bring him chocolates then!
That morning I was disappointed when I found out that my camera didn’t work, so I couldn’t ask anyone to take a photo, but to my surprise, I found out that I’m in the background of the last tiny one that Maggie posted. Thanks again for sending it to me Maggie!

It was lovely to talk to some of you after the show: SueF (thanks for keeping an eye out for my taxi and allowing me to go back in to see Lee!), Sue (Asher, I think?), Louise (Sunny-mead, I think?) and Maggie. Hope to see all of you again at the Garrick theatre at the Christmas concert! Maria (the Belgian one).
Leen, the second Belgian fan who introduced herself here recently is going to her very first concert in Horsham, she’s in for a real treat!

Great review. I'm still running late but will post my review soon. In the meantime I'd just like to thank everybody (they know who they are)who sorted out my ticket and looked after me at the theatre, and Eva for the lift.

Great reviews & photos. Thanks so much everyone!
I've only just had the chance to catch up with this thread. Reading through all the reviews it occurred to me how many times the words 'doctor' & 'stitches' came up.