​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horsham review ~ A dizzy blur of an amazing day

A 30 minute drive in the aftermath of Hurricane Bertha (now re-named by me Hurrican Leephen) and the afternoon of a London/Surrey cycle race, went without a hitch!

I won’t bore you with the details of who I met or talked to but I had the most amazing day/evening. My God I need some sleep tonight!!! :D

A lovely meal with friends and much excitement at the sold out show. The Capitol was a lovely modern theatre and was the perfect host to a brilliant concert last night.

Lee looked even more drop dead gorgeous than EVER!!! Thanks to a very kind friend, I was lucky enough to sit in the front row right in the centre….at times he was just a metre a way, phewwwwwwwwwwww! His suit, which I haven’t seen before, had a very fine weave to it and was very well fitted and he wore a crisp white shirt which I always love (even though it does often play havoc with piccies, shh).

I really can’t remember all that happened last night as there was not a moment that I wasn’t enthralled in his performance. At one point he came out to the very edge of the (low) stage and balanced on one leg, leaning forward, right in front of me and the ladies I was with. I held my breath! What a moment. I can’t even remember what song it was between! I think I lost it a bit after that.
There was one special moment in the show (for me) where he said something that I believe to be in reply to a funny photo tweet that I sent him before the show which was personally very satisfying but too difficult to explain and probably would sound weird. So I won’t.

Fix You was again strikingly moving after he sat and told us very openly that he had had a difficult year personally, it was a very heartfelt little chat which just pulled us in, amazing! Father and Son, Bring Him Home, he smashed them all.

Lee dueted “As Long as You’re Mine” with Amanda and struggled to fight back the giggles in the first few of his lines which was lovely to watch. They have really gelled a lot more since the first time she sang with him. There was some banter after the song but I don’t remember what was said.

Again his duet with Stephen was a cracker, they get on so well. And after Lee had finished singing Music of the Night, Stephen appeared with his leather jacket on from the wings with his hand over one side of his face, he was in the shadows which made it funnier but we all started laughing before Lee realised he was there. Love Stephen!

No doctors coat for DTL this time. The split second expectant pause from the regular fans was noticeable just before he came on stage but then as we all realised he wasn’t going to do it, everything relaxed again and we just enjoyed the show.

We had a different guy on double base called Neil I think in place of Ricky who was very good and Mason did the guitar work as well as the drums.
My mind has gone blank on the other funny moments, there are loads I can’t think of. Hopefully some of you will remember and post.

Lee was genuinely very happy to see that it was a full house and made a point of calling out to those in the circle. He also said that he would do his best to bring the show back there next year when he does the bigger tour. He thanked us all for coming which is always a lovely moment.

Photos??? A sore point!!  Unfortunately I discovered when I got home my camera had been on the wrong setting for most of the evening so the good photos I thought I had were very disappointing but I will share with you the best ones which aren’t too bad but they could have been so much better!! Grrr
A camera is only as good as it operator! I will check next time!

It was lovely to say hi to so many familiar faces and some I haven't seen for a while. And lastly just a thank you to everyone who I shared the day with, I really appreciate your friendships xx

Re: Horsham review ~ A dizzy blur of an amazing day

photo SAM_1447_zps1fa787b7.jpg

photo SAM_1448_zps08e28972.jpg

photo SAM_1449_zps47846ac1.jpg

photo SAM_1451_zpsd2a04462.jpg

photo SAM_1452_zpsdef013db.jpg

photo SAM_1465_zps36877bf9.jpg

photo SAM_1472_zpsc9514b21.jpg

photo SAM_1478_zps09c5b6ae.jpg

photo SAM_1480_zpsc3051cfb.jpg

photo SAM_1479_zps36c507be.jpg

photo SAM_1500_zpsde62136b.jpg

Photo credit: Jazzylou

(pic 1) Caption comp.....Neil watch out what you're doing with that guitar!

I'm still high can you tell?

Great review (and pics), Jazzy!

Hi Jazzy I am trying to thank you but keep getting told I have spam in it

Thanks for the great review & pics Jazzy.
After reading it I'm not surprised you're still on !

Thanks for the lovely review and photos Jazzy. Hoping to hear
some more when everyone has recovered from their travels.

Thank you for the review, Jazz - and the photos!!!

What wonderful evening at the lovely Capitol Theatre Horsham. If I have time, I will write a review at a later date but thought you would like to see a couple of pics in the meantime. (Obviously taken from a distance and cropped)
 photo SDC11372.jpg
 photo SDC11375.jpg

Those stage door photos are amazing Cassie! Its lovely to see them. Looking forward to your review.

Maggie sorry that happened. The stage door was rather mad last night, many of the fans there seemed to be from different areas. I felt that Lee was anxious to get away as he seemed a bit reluctant to chat. I think its good that he stayed as long as he did, some performers wouldn't. I stayed at the back and took rubbish photos with my camera on the wrong setting!

I've just remembered a few other things. Stephen was very nearly late. He came directly from Glasgow by BA for the concert but the plane flew into the hurricane storm and was apparently struck by lightening which scared everyone on board once the pilot announced it. Then he said something like, 'the paper bags started to come out', from this I couldn't decide if he meant sick bags or oxygen masks but it sounded a bit hair raising nevertheless!

There was also a joke about the colour of Amanda's eyes after they sang the duet, maybe someone might remember the exact words but I remember it was quite a funny moment.

And Lee talked about the lady who spotted him at the train station asking if he was the 'technicoloured guy'. He teased her by saying he was Jason Donovan and it appeared that she believed him . I find it quite funny that he loves to joke like that sometimes. A fun sense of humour.

Glad you like the pics despite my failure.

Check out the front page for the button that got away taken by Joan. How did we even manage to concentrate!
I wonder what his reaction was when he realised backstage after the show

Sorry everyone but we had to delete an earlier post because it included an unauthorized photo.

Just a reminder to always get permission from anyone included in your photos of Lee.

No harm was done and none intended. Hopefully the poster will post again without that particular photo.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Cassie! Thank You!! Those photos are gorgeous!!!

Capitol Theatre, Horsham, 10 August 2014
Well, the weather turned out OK after all. We expected to be blown to Horsham but it was pleasantly sunny. Enjoyed a lovely meal in a local restaurant. Many thanks to everyone who shared the occasion.
The Capitol Theatre was beautiful inside and the show was a complete sell-out.
Lee bounced on stage and opened with ‘Imagination’, followed by that older number ‘Close Every Door’. He told a story about a lady he had just met on the train who asked if he was the ‘technicolor dreamcoat fella’ from ‘Neighbours’ – Jason Donovan. She said she was not going to the show.
His next song, ‘Fix You’, was sung with a great deal of emotion. He remarked that the past year had been a hard one for him.
Stephen then sang ‘Nature Boy’. He has a great voice but I wish he wouldn’t fiddle about with the song so much. Lee also sang a duet with ‘Robyn’ (Amanda Henderson) from Casualty. She has a lovely voice. Stephen and Lee have a great rapport. They are obviously very good friends.
Lee sang ‘As long as your mine’ from Wicked with Robyn, with a lot of giggling and messing about. Then, ‘Father and Son’ and ‘Bring him home’ had the usual effect on the audience – he is fast making these numbers his own. We must not forget the lovely ‘Hallelujah’ which I know made a few of us shed a tear.
He talked about doing an album of songs from the musicals and dedicated a song, ‘Here comes the Sun’, to little Betsy.
I know the songs I’ve mentioned are not in the right order, but I just hoped to give those not lucky enough to be there a glimpse of what the evening was like. The pics below are the best of the bunch.
In the foyer, I managed to have a few words with Steve Mead (Lee’s Dad) who was Lee’s driver for the evening. He said he is to be chief baby-sitter for Wednesday night, so Lee must be driving himself or getting driven by someone else.
We then ‘stage-doored’ and this is where the evening went a bit pear shaped. I am sorry if I appeared to be in the way of people trying to see Lee. I did not speak to him at all myself and did not notice that I was blocking up space as I was too busy trying to get some photos and a few people asked me to take some for them.
I felt upset at being told off in this way, as I am unable to get out much and Lee is a big part of my relaxation. It really spoils things when I quite unwittingly ’put my feet’ in it so to speak. Just ask me politely to move – no offence taken!!!
 photo P1000177.jpg
 photo P1000179.jpg

Hi Maggie thanks for review,sorry you didn't get to speak to Lee I know what it is like not being able to get out much,but don't get upset about being told off put it down to ignorance.
Sorry you didn't get your KISS though,maybe two next time eh?
Cheers xx

Thanks for all the reviews and photos ladies! Much appreciated.

Hopefully the G-Live reports will be rolling in soon

I got back yesterday evening from 5 wonderful days in the UK with the highlight of course being the show of Lee.
Most of the details of the show are already being said here...
I was very happy to meet some of the lovely fans (please forgive me if I haven't remembered all your names). I got the cd love songs from Joan, whom which I am very grateful!! It is superb!
I got a picture as well (but it is not very sharp) and my son also has one with Lee. He asked if he enjoyed the show...(but he is Belgian...Amanda and me made him say YES!)
Lee was very kind to sign my cd, and I managed to talk to him (come to Belgium once...if I can fill some venues he said...) First we were standing at the stagedoor for about twenty minutes when someone screemed...he is here!
I rushed of (with my husband and son) and there he stood...
He was a bit smaller as I imagined, but he was very nice.
He asked to bring some Belgian chocolates next time...
The concert was very good! I liked all of it, but fix you is always my favourite song...and the duet with Amanda.
I was very happy to be in Horsham, meet Lee and saw some lovely people.
Thank you all...
Leen

WOW Leen your whole trip was a bit of a happy whirlwind
we were very happy to help you get your hands on Lee's love songs cd.
Although that is about all we help you get your hands on
Lovely to meet you your husband & you gorgeous son. xx

Oh Maggie, I can really sympathise here, having a slight mobility problem I find I often get in people's way. Kind friends will often just steer me gently out of the way, which is helpful. I still think that we should be asked politely rather than told aggressively to move, though.

Ooh, lovely reviews and lush photos ( even your supposedly 'rubbish' ones Jazzy). I neeeeeeeeeeeeed some meadyness sometime soon!

I thought this blog review gave an interesting perspective of the Horsham concert from a non-fan perspective:

https://westendmusings.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/lee-mead-at-the-capitol-horsham/

The blogger recommends that people cach the Christmas concert at the Garrick if they can - so think she had a good enough night out

interesting read
Thank you