​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most Memorable Lee Moment of 2014 so far?

We have had some reviews of concerts this year but I thought it might be fun to have a thread of our/your most memorable times of 2014
It could be way way back in January at Panto or one of Lee’s concerts.
There have been a few now.
Cardiff, Barnstaple, Yeovil, Hayes, Horsham, & Guildford
Maybe you saw Lee at Warners in April? Or at Stephen’s Hippodrome / Pheasantry gig

Cardiff was special because it was the first gig of this tour & to see fellow Casualty cast members supporting Lee was lovely.
Didn’t Amanda Henderson surprise us all that night?
What a lovely voice she has.
Barnstaple saw Lee & Stephen back on stage together in a spectacular show.

Unfortunately I didn’t go to Yeovil but the reviews that were shared made me wish I had been there.

Hayes Horsham & Guildford concerts brought fans for all over the world to sample the delights of Mr Mead & Co.

It’s hard to pick a favourite moment but please try to share your thoughts & experiences here.
I am still sifting through the memories of the last 8 months to try to find just one that stands out.
This may take time although doctor love dancing through life has got to be in my top five.
How about you?

Re: Most Memorable Lee Moment of 2014 so far?

A great thread, Joan. So many memories.
My most memorable moments have been Lee demonstrating his versatility. He brings tears to our eyes with his heart rending version of 'Fix You'. He is totally absorbed in the sadness of the song and seems to take a few minutes to recover. Not for long though! 'Kiss' sees his cheeky, lighthearted side - he performs this song wonderfully, making us all laugh. Then a show of perfect harmony with his guests. Fun loving, enjoying every moment of banter and good friendship with Stephen and laughing with Amanda during their perfect duet. This whole tour is a triumph - captivating the audience and leaving us with the 'Feel Good' factor to leave. Established fans and local people have been entranced by Lee. This is what I will take from the whole show. I left feeling better than when I went in!

A great thread, Joan. So many memories.
My most memorable moments have been Lee demonstrating his versatility. He brings tears to our eyes with his heart rending version of \'Fix You\'. He is totally absorbed in the sadness of the song and seems to take a few minutes to recover. Not for long though! \'Kiss\' sees his cheeky, lighthearted side - he performs this song wonderfully, making us all laugh. Then a show of perfect harmony with his guests. Fun loving, enjoying every moment of banter and good friendship with Stephen and laughing with Amanda during their perfect duet. This whole tour is a triumph - captivating the audience and leaving us with the \'Feel Good\' factor. Established fans and local people have been entranced by Lee. This is what I will take from the whole tour. I left feeling better than when I went in!

I'm sorry. I posted this twice and don't know how to delete one of them.

Gail you obviously enjoy a double helping of Mead

I agree about Lee's versatility. He takes us on an emotional roller coaster
& we just keep on wanting more.

As always there has been so many special moments so far this year but for me Lee's guest appearance at The Salvation Army concert in April is one of my favourites. I will always remember when little Betsy shared the stage with her Daddy during Any Dream Will Do. It was such a sweet moment and it was lovely to see the loving bond between them. I kind of felt previleged to witness it as I know Lee (and quite rightly so) likes to keep Betsy away from the public eye. A really geniune Daddy and daughter moment!

I also loved the first time we all saw Lofty on our screens as Lee made his entrance jumping from the loft!

Great thread Joan.
Now let me see, there are so many. I could actually make a list but feel I should just pick one moment to leave some for others. For me, it has got to be Lee lying on the grass outside the Octagon Yeovil. Quite a magical and unique moment.

Gosh Hazel how did I miss mentioning The Salvation Army concert in April
It was one of the most heart warming moments & I think we all felt very privileged to be there.

Ooohh Cassie Lucky you

I agree with you on the Octagon moment Cassie, and truly memorable sight.

There are so many memorable moments but going back to the beginning of the year and Robin Hood, and that costume!!!!.

-Lee's impression of James Blunt during the camp fire scene.
-The time when Betsy was there watching a matinee, we were fortunate to see her and Lee meet after the show at the stage door when he hoisted her up on his shoulders and walked off for them to spend time together - lovely moment.

My favourite two moments (chosen out of many) have to be Lee's performance in the panto in Plymouth and last week's concert in Guildford which was great despite the strange lighting.

I have been giving this a lot of thought. not a hardship is it
I think that one of my highlights was when Lee was Stephens guest at the Hippodrome in March?
That night we saw not only a great musical& comedy duo singing 'Luck Be a Lady'
but we all felt the warmth & friendship between Lee & Stephen
Warners "star break" in April was also quiet special.
It was lovely to see Lee interact with his Q&A before his stint & after the show in the bar Lee spoke to every member of staff. He even beckoned the guys washing up behind the bar to come out for a chat.
The entertainment team told us that they had never ever had a "star" be so kind friendly & encouraging.
He inspired them & they were still talking about Lee the next day.

My most memorable moment was the first time I saw Lee as Joseph
at the Adelphi. My son had managed to get me a ticket to the
last evening preview show. The whole audience absolutely loved
Lee and the moment he appeared at the beginning of the show coming
down through the haze was magical. I went onto to see Lee in Joseph
many times and each time was just as magical as the first time I saw
him as Joseph. Also loved it at the end of the show when he went up
on the lift, he always thanked the audience and that beaming smile
just made you melt.

That was the start of my regular visits back to London to the theatre.

Love you Lee.

maggiemay