​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee On BBC Radio Essex

Lovely interview! I missed the first bit (the dog was waiting for his walk, and his bladder wasn't going to wait!) but picked it up a few mins in.

Apparently, Lee was a big fan of Dangermouse and Superman when he was growing up!

He approached the role of Joseph as an acting role and does the same with any musical. Which is probably why he's able to bring such depth to his performances!

Re: Lee On BBC Radio Essex

Really good interview with Lee on BBC Radio Essex this evening,
Lee starts about 40 minutes before the end of the programme. As well
as ADWD they played "Make it with You" and "Nothing Else Matters".
Lee sounded very relaxed.

I think they have listen again if anyone missed it, it is really
worth a listen.

Thanks for the heads up!

Here is the Listen Again link for anyone (like me) who missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p025tpp0

I'm just about to listen in

I thought it was not a good interview. Yes she played some songs, and asked some questions, but she also kept referencing his "new" album, which at this point is not new, but even then she never gave the name of the album as Love Songs. And then it just ended no good byes just ended. I thought it quite strange. Get your facts correct.

Here is a mediafire link if anyone would like to listen again:

RadioEssex

Just listening again and I've realised that when I listened live earlier, I only missed ADWD!

Method Acting sounds heavy! Not sure it's a good idea if you have emotional issues to begin with!

ALW said that Lee was the first actor to play Joseph! If I remember correctly, in 'The Winner's Story' documentary, ALW said that Lee was the best actor they'd ever had playing Joseph!

Aah, 'Make It With You' - when I was listening to the interview earlier, I was folding laundry at this point! I think it's the only time I've ever found folding laundry pleasant!

Rhubarb & Custard - I remember those sweets!

Dangermouse - they're rebooting that! Ooh, Lee as the voice of Dangermouse would be fab!

I agree about getting the album details mixed up. Poor research there!

I listened to the first hour or so of the show, because I wasn't sure when Lee would be on. All the interviews were pre-records and all ended like Lee's did - abruptly and with no 'goodbyes'.

I agree with you Graziellla, it just ended. No chance for Lee to mention the concerts himself just mostly talk about Joseph and his younger inspirations. Quite odd. Always lovely to hear his voice though.

Well I enjoyed the interview and I love listening to Lee singing
Make it with You, he sings it so beautifully.

Really enjoyed thr radio essex nterview; thanks for this.

I'd rather an interview just ending with no goodbyes and with lots of interesting facts as there seemed to be in this one (must catch up with it sometime) than one with a formal closing and same old, same old questions.

I agree with Graziellla too. I wasn't even sure if the interview had actually ended. However, there were some interesting points, and I was intrigued to hear about the Method acting!