​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee Long List Nomination for National Television Awards

Lee has been long list nominated for the Best Newcomer Award by the National Television Awards. Final short list nominations will be announced the beginning of January. You have to go thru the whole ballot before your vote can register and then you submit "your name and an email address". Get creative. And get voting.

Here is the link just copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Re: Lee Long List Nomination for National Television Awards

fAB!! I've voted twice but it wouldn't take one of my email addresses, not sure why. Just in case others have trouble, it won't pass the final submit button. Perhaps certain email addresses are not recognised

Just voted! Mine went through fine.

Good Luck Lee!

You will need to vote more than once in these 3 months. Just change one letter in your email address and it should go thru, mine did i.e., October@aol then October1@aol.com

Voting on the nominees in the long list for each category is only open until 26 October according to the Terms and Conditions:

The vote opens at 00.01 on Tuesday 14th October 2014 and is closed at 23:59 on Sunday 26th October 2014. Votes made or received outside of these specified times will not be counted. Voting times are liable to change and the Producer may suspend, withdraw or re-set voting at its sole discretion at any time. The Producer may at their sole discretion at any time change the rules for voting due to reasons beyond their control.

I presume that once voting closes on 26 October, the short lists of nominees will be drawn up and published and voting will open again on those.

The T & C also specifies that it is one vote per e-mail address and there does seem to be a security system in place to counteract multiple voting so more than one vote from the same computer may be identified and cause problems with your votes. ITV have gotten into trouble before about irregularities in their handling of voted-for awards so will probably be policing this very closely.

As there are fewer nominees in Lee's category than in many of the other categories, I think he has a strong chance of making the short list anyway

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it odd but their opening page said that. Double quick voting then.

There is a double page for the NTA nominations in today's
Sun newspaper. Lee's name is shown at No 1 in the newcomer
section. If you have the newspaper you can tick the box next to
Lee's name and send it to:

The National Television Awards 2015, PO Box 16552, Birmingham B25 9GB.
It says you can also vote by phone on 0901 888 2015 - calls cost no more
than 26p per minute from BT landlines, other networks may be higher.

Just to add to my previous post. All votes must be in by 23.59
on October 26 2014. Shortlist announced in January, when final
vote round begins.

Winners announced on ITV on January 21 2015.

I really hope Lee makes the short-list for the NTAs. It would be lovely to see him on the red carpet at a big TV event

From the terms and conditions - http://www.nationaltvawards.com/terms - it appears up to four nominees from the long-list for each category will go forward to the short-list.

As well as voting on-line, you also have the option of voting by post or by phone - details on how to do so are on the above link.

Fingers crossed!!!

They may have changed the vote times.

So, who do you think should walk away with one of our coveted trophies? Vote now and you’ll be entered into our prize draw – closing date is 20 October 2014.
Read more at http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/tv-times-awards#2XGmbySQeEmJDuuG.99

That's the TVTimes Awards.

Have voted;good luck Lee!

There is a voting form in this week's Radio Times for the NTAs. Just in case anyone wants to stick in a postal vote!