​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2015 Concert Tour

It was fun to see today's flurry of activity on Twitter and FB after naughty Bedford Civic Hall jumped the gun in putting a Lee concert next summer on sale a tad early!

They've now put ticket sales on hold as Eclipse want to announce all planned concerts at the same time but the concert is still listed on the theatre's website:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=BEDWORTH&organ_val=22242&schedule=list

Well done to any early birds who managed to get their tickets before the theatre had its knuckles rapped! And interesting to see that next year's tour may, at least in part, be following this year's pattern of Sunday night concerts. Understandable, of course, since Lee is staying on at Casualty for a while.

Also fun to see that the OFB may have one or two non-tour related surprises for us in the coming weeks - including one 'unique' one! I love the anti****tion as we wait for fresh news

NB - LOL at the forum's bizarre approach to censoring posts!

Re: 2015 Concert Tour

Once again I'm going to have a spy at the National Rail site and check Sheffield to Bedford times and cost. I love it when this happens. As for the announcements, I'm going to try not to speculate and just wait till we find out what the surprise is.

Just been on the site, there are through trains to Bedford from Sheffield! I looked at this before even checking the date of travel - it's a way ahead but it's good to have something to try for next year.

Hi Tanith, it's not Bedford Lee's going to on tour next year it's BEDWORTH, WARWICKSHIRE, don't want you to end up in a different part of the country .

Hi guys,

I was one of the early birds who managed to get some tickets yesterday for Bedworth. Unfortunately I was so far ahead of myself that one of my party is unable to join so the ticket is going spare if anyone needs a single one.

Its in centre row B, the numbers I have are 9-13 so it will be either 9 or 13. If anyone wants a single ticket ahead of the game then please let me know.

It will save you the hassle and stress of getting a good seat when the tickets go back on sale, which I'm 95% certain they will do eventually.
The face value is £25 plus the booking fee and a share of the postage cost making a total of £26.40.

As those of us will know who went last year, Bedworth's stage is little more than an single step up so youwill be right in there with the action!!

you can email: hibberdmadhouse@gmail.com
I'm happy to share this address as its only a secondary account.

Thanks
A.

Just to say that I've now found a good home for this ticket :)

Just in case anyone missed the announcement on OFB, Eclipse have let us know that tickets for the Bedworth concert on 19 July will go on sale (again) to Lee fans on Saturday:

"We have arranged 1 day priority booking on Saturday for you - tickets will then go on sale to the general public on Monday. Please quote 'Lee Mead Official' when booking on Saturday please. Contact tel no is: Bedworth Civic Hall - 024 7637 6707."

Also good to know that the name for this year's concerts is 'LEE MEAD - SOME ENCHANTED EVENING'

It seems it could be a while before we find out all the dates and venues for the tour though!

So, so far we have:

Sunday 19 July - Civic Hall, Bedworth
Sunday 2 August - Shanklin Theatre, Isle of Wight
Sunday 16 August - West Cliff Theatre, Clacton
Saturday 5 September - Camberley Theatre, Camberley
Saturday 19 September - The Apex, Bury St Edmonds

And the latest date announced today:

We are delighted to let you know that Lee is returning to Queen's Theatre, Barnstaple with his new show - Some Enchanted Evening. The show will be on Sunday 4th October with an early start of 6pm which we hope will enable people to get home more easily after the show.
We have arranged priority booking for you from Tuesday 10th March from the Box Office on telephone number: 01271 324242 only please. The venue has requested that you ask for 'Fan Club Tickets' please. The tickets will go on general sale from Thursday 12th March.

The list is building nicely but there is still room, I hope, for a couple more dates to be added yet - maybe late October, November and, of course, a Christmas concert in December

OLM also posted this on Face book
Just to let you know there are likely to be just ten 'SOME ENCHANTED EVENING' concerts in 2015. This is due to Lee's very busy TV schedule and recording the album (which is still in progress) and all the promotional work which will ensue before and after the new album is released. Sadly, because of his hectic Casualty schedule, once again he is not able to travel too far from Cardiff - but he does know how much people want him to perform in the north and in Scotland and he will do his best to make it up to you as soon as he can. Unfortunately that probably won't be this year but he is very aware that you would like him to venture further afield when he can

Here is concert date no. 7 on Some Enchanted Evening tour - as copied across from FB:

'Officially Lee Mead' are pleased to let you know that Lee will be returning to the Octagon Theatre in Yeovil on Sunday 25th October.

The show will commence at 6.30pm. They have arranged a priority day for you to book which will be from MIDDAY TOMORROW (THURSDAY 19 MARCH) by telephone only on: 01935 422884. Please use the password Eclipse.

Another return visit!

This only leaves 3 dates or so to be announced - I'm also looking forward to hearing about any special guests planned for the tour. Maybe Stephen R-H will join Lee again when he is available?

Sadly Yeovil won't be an option for me, the theatre is 10 miles from the city centre and the cheapest train fare would be £73! Hoping for something easier to get to for the remaining concerts.

Tanith, I think you may possibly have misread something - I think the theatre is ten minutes walk from the town centre, not ten miles! The train fare does sound expensive, though - have you taken advance booking into account?

That's a point, and a lady on Facebook has said it's the rail station, not the concert hall, that's a few miles from the city centre. What I'm going to do is hold out for the last 3 concerts to be announced, see what's on offer there and then maybe consider this one again. There are usually a few good single tickets on offer right up to the concert.

I have a single tickte to Bedworth if anyone needs a spare. Its row B on the central aisle. You are guaranteed a brilliant view. Let me know on here and I will contact you.

I will be sunning myself in the Caribbean #badplanning

Just to say, this ticket has now been sold.

Enjoy your holiday Jazzylou - I suppose a trip to the Caribbean is adequate compensation for missing a Lee concert!

News from FB on the latest concert date to be announced:

We are delighted to let you know that Lee will take his SEE tour to the Theatre Royal in Winchester on Sunday 8th November. We don't yet have a confirmed time for the show but we are requesting 6.30pm - but it is the manager's decision.

We have arranged a priority day for you this coming Monday 30th March from MIDDAY. This will be BY TELEPHONE or IN PERSON only please. Tel no: 01962 840440

The venue doesn't usually have one-night music performances so we are hoping to make a great first impression with Lee's show!

Here's the venue: http://www.theatreroyalwinchester.co.uk/about-us/

Looks like a lovely theatre - and an easy train ride from London Waterloo with the train station in Winchester seemingly very close to the theatre

Now this is one I CAN manage! Very happy.

A couple of days later than promised, but tickets for the concert in Winchester are now available on-line!

http://www.theatreroyalwinchester.co.uk/?m=20151108&cat=5

Seems to be selling well

Details on concert no. 9 for 2015 from FB:

We are delighted to let you know that Lee's penultimate concert for 2015 will be at a new venue for him, the Lichfield Garrick Theatre in Lichfield, on Saturday 21st NOVEMBER at 7.30pm.

We hope this will please those who asked for a concert in the Midlands - this will be the northernmost concert for this year.

We have arranged a priority booking day for you on Friday 1st May. This will be BY TELEPHONE or IN PERSON only on that day. Please call 01543 41 21 21 from 11 am. On-line booking will be available from 4th May when the tickets go on general sale. If booking on 1st May please use the password ECLIPSE! Thank you.

I guess this leaves only a possible Christmas concert to announce. I wonder if there's any chance of it being in Southend this year - it wold seem to be Lee's only opportunity for a home town concert this year?

Lichfield Garrick looks like a lovely theatre.
I see that it is a Registered Charity providing education in the performing arts
They have a resident youth choir.
I wonder if the choir might get to accompany Lee in one of his songs
wouldn't that be lovely
I have a good feeling about this one

Hope Lee makes a concert date for the North East of England
He could always come back to the Sage or even the Empire in Sunderland
Or even nearer for me Durham fingers crossed someday it might happen
Mazza

It seems Lichfield is the furthest North Lee will get this year due to filming commitments on Casualty but maybe he'll make it a bit closer to you next year Mazza!

I'm rather liking the new tour photo that Lee retweeted today!

https://twitter.com/BedworthCivic/status/598036641496838144

Just adding details on a competition to win two tickets for the opening concert in the SEE tour at Bedworth Civic Hall on 19 July in case anyone missed Lee's tweet:

http://whatsonlive.co.uk/warwickshire/competitions/tickets-to-see-lee-mead/3209#details

Hopefully more promo for the tour to come soon!

Didn't have to wait long for more tour promo!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-06-05/casualty-star-lee-mead-on-joseph-divorce-touring-and-why-hes-never-been-happier

I love how Lee can be so honest about himself in interviews yet manages to avoid giving away too much personal information.

It is a lovely interview. Lee seems to be in a good place and long may that continue!

A lovely interview & a gorgeous photo at the end.
Thanks for the link Greycat.

Lovely interview in West End Frame today (as retweeted by Lee and posted on FB).

Confirms that Lee is finishing in Casualty in November (hopefully just taking a year off) and that he hopes to take the Some Enchanted Evening tour out on the road again next October (after CCBB).

Sounds like there are busy times ahead!

This year's remaining SEE dates seem to be selling well but I noticed that two seats have opened up in the front row for the Lichfield concert - just in case anyone planning to go hasn't bought their ticket(s) yet or wants to upgrade!

Wishing everyone travelling to Yeovil this weekend a safe journey and have a fabulous time
I can't wait to hear all about it.