​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee at The Pheasantry 2015

As anti****ted, Lee's dates have finally been confirmed for The Pheasantry - 26th, 27th & 28th June, and booking is already open.

Links on Ro's timeline and Lee's FB page.

Re: Lee at The Pheasantry 2015

The Pheasantry website is currently showing all three nights as sold out already!

http://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/popList.aspx

Perhaps that's a technical glitch - or only a few tickets are available for booking on-line? If it is sold out, it's bad news for me but great news for Lee

If it's true maybe he might just add another night?

Eclipse put a message on Lee's OLM Facebook about 45 mins ago for anyone unlucky in getting tickets yesterday as follows:

OLM Facebook
" Hi everyone - we have spoken to the Promoter of the Pheasantry shows this morning. The 3 nights are indeed what we call 'technically sold out'. However, he advises that the computer could not cope with the on-line bookings which is why it is showing sold out for all three shows. There are a small number of seats left for each night but these must be booked by phone and not via the website. If you were unlucky not to get seats yesterday afternoon/evening it may be worth a call when the Box Office opens today!"

I'm not sure if Lee would do an extra night as he has his Casualty commitments, but we'll see.

Ah that's true about Casualty, but then the poor man can't clone himself and be everywhere can he?

I think this might be a case of 'pigs might fly' but if anybody has a spare ticket for the Saturday night I'd be interested. I have a spare for the Sunday.

A bit O/T but I see that Keith Jack also has a show at the Pheasantry coming up on Sunday 24 May. I think tickets have only recently gone on sale.

I wonder if Lee will be in the audience - or could he even make a guest appearance with Keith? His diary is getting rather busy this year but you never know!

Just found out that my holiday dates have been changed. This means I can now make the Pheasantry, but of course, it is sold out. If anyone has a spare ticket for any night I would love to hear from them. (bit of a long shot but worth asking!)

Not long to go now!

I loved the last Lee gig at the Pheasantry - unfortunately I won't be going this year but I'm looking forward to hearing (I hope) about the debut of the new set list for the tour.

I'm sure everyone lucky enough to get tickets will have a fabulous time

I, for one, am a bit excited.

Wow. Wow wow wow wow WOW

What an amazing concert in an amazing venue!

Lee was beautiful in his new, perfectly *****d blue suit. The set list included many new songs, all of them quite romantic. Definitely the "40's" vibe with some more contemporary songs at the end.

He was nervous to begin - he admitted that he was because it's new songs performed for the first time. But he relaxed after a few songs and his voice was as lovely as ever. Really, it carries you to another place, doesn't it? One in particular - 'Feeling Good'. As he said, it's been done a lot but not like Lee did it. Wow.

And there was a bit of clumsiness when the mic came apart. Joan and I looked at each other and whispered "Lofty". So funny, but so Lee.

We were speaking before the concert to one of the staff who was also there the last time he performed at the Pheasantry. She mentioned that he was such a lovely man and has the voice of an angel. I have to agree . . .

. . . although the concert did not leave me feeling very angelic.

Hopefully we will hear from others who are more coherent than I am. But I can't wait to do it again tonight.

Thanks, LC! Sounds fab!

At home wishes I had been able to afford more than one night at the Pheasantry. Gratefull though that I had the chance to catch Friday's "opening night" of this great show

St out on my journey Friday morning to meet up with friend Joan with who I was sharing a room at what turned out to be a very nice Hotel This is only the second Lee show that Joan had seen and if anshe was suitably excited !!!
First treeet was seeing Lee come up the stairs in front of us doing what turnes out to be a quick trip to the hairdresser next door for some "anti frizz" for the curls
We were lucky enough to have seats inthe front row felt lovely sitting there with a glass of wine waiting .........
Suddenly he was on stage looking very dapper in a blue 3 piece suit and a drk red spotted tie. I did notice through the show he kept pulling the trousers up (not looking Ob.!!) so he might have lost a bit off the hips !

I loved his arragments of most of the film songs he has chosen especially "Lullaby" which I thought was beautifull. I am actually not keen I either "singing in the rain" or "Luck be a lady" as I fel these only fit with the film but others may like them and Lee ob, does so hope they work if they find there way on the Album.
He did a little Q @ A and I did get to ask him why the delay ith the Alum he replied that he wants it to be perfect so it is taking more time that first imagined.
He had a bit of mike touble but as usually sta*** good humoured . I love the way he had a little story with each song about what they meant to him he got very emotional about little Betsy and how he wished that his marriage had been like tose of his parents and grandparents.Well Lee at least Betsy has a lovely daddy
Daniel Boys was his guest and they shared a bit of banter about the Joseph days They di not sing together.
Altogether a really memorable evenign, only wish he had come back for a while and could have told him but not to be. Beginning to think he is avoiding me.... (joke) Hope the lucky ones who saw him yesterday and today have as great a time as Joan and I did

Thanks Maggie for the nice review,lets hope Lee gets a nice lady to date he deserves to be happy.( he will never forget you his mate).
Cheers.
acer x

Nice review, Maggie!

Lin took some lovely photos which are now on the website home page.

Thanks to everybody who made my visits to the Pheasantry so special! You know who you are and I'm sending hugs to all of you.

I was lucky enough to be at the Pheasantry for all three nights - and what nights they were! I love that place and could happily watch Lee there every night (couldn't we all, given the chance! ).

Although he obviously sang the same set, each night was subtly different. On the Friday, his guests were Daniel Boys and Jon Trevor, who it transpired was a personal trainer on Any Dream Will Do, and this was his first appearance in public as a singer! On Saturday we had Stephen Rahman-Hughes (always a treat), and on Sunday Amanda Henderson, plus his old friend from Tommy days, Brian McCann, with his touring Wicked co-star Natalie Green.

The feeling and emotion Lee puts into his songs always amazes me. It's so good to see him in such a happy place now.

He told lots of funny stories, the highlight being the first girl he kissed - "Louise" - who was 16 and he was 12. Apparently she dragged him off to the local park during lunchtime (they were at school), "snogged his face off" as he delicately put it, then threatened him not to tell a soul! I wonder where she is now?

He was a bit overcome several times, and kept talking about his amazing fans. at one point he said he'd like to give us all a hug . As we'd queued for hours to get into the Pheasantry, I wouldn't have had any objection to queuing a bit longer for that, but sadly no hugs were forthcoming from Mr Mead. Then on another night he said he'd like to take us all with him on tour. Someone shouted out "you are!", because I would guess that about 65 of the 80-odd audience were his "regulars".

He dropped several hints that there may be more Pheasantry shows next year, but of course nothing is confirmed as yet.

He was slightly less chatty on Sunday, because his family and friends were in. He always seems to rein it in a bit in front of Mum and Dad.

I've not mentioned what he sang, as some of you may want to wait until you see the tour, but Ro has it on the Timeline for anyone who can't wait! There were some surprises, new songs and, for me, one absolute corker (well, thinking about it, they were all absolute corkers, but you know what I mean! )

On previous occasions at the Pheasantry, Lee has sta*** after the show and mingled with everyone, glass of red in hand, but this time the show finished and everyone left. I have to confess we did have a little bonus of seeing him at the bus stop on Saturday night (we were the ones waiting for the bus, not Lee!), which rounded the evening off nicely.

I've kind of run the three nights in together here, so if anyone wants to be more specific, please do!

Thanks for that A/Liz!

I love the story about 'Louise' - I wonder if she remembers 'snogging the face off' the terrified 12 year old boy?

From the way he told the story, I think he was anything but terrified, Jo!

Naughty boy!

Thanks for the lovely review A/Liz.

Thank you A/Liz for a great review, the gigs at The Pheasantry were indeed wonderful with a fantastic atmosphere. Can't add anything really. However, as the 2 contemporary songs he sang are unlikely to be on his new Album as they don't fit in with the era, if anyone wants to look them up on Youtube, they were Neil Sedaka 'I'm Beginning to Breathe Again' and Billy Joel 'Lullaby', listen to the words of both and you'll see the significance of them for Lee.

Thanks also to Lin for putting the photos on 'front page'

Thanks for your reviews ladies. I always like reading them.
It doesn't matter if I was there or not I do love reading other peoples take on things.
I was also lucky enough to have been to all three nights.
I love the Pheasantry it has a very special atmosphere and the staff are really lovely & it was lovely to see some old friends.
All three nights were amazing but I think Saturday night was my personal favourite. He had lost the nerves from Friday and he was confident. He seemed so relaxed chatting away. Each night he did a short Q&A ( short because not many people could think of questions)
Lee makes me laugh & then he sings something with such heartfelt emotion he tugs at my heart strings.
How does he do that???
If this is a taste of things to come I have a feeling the 2015 tour is going to be wonderful.

I can't really add anything,thanks A/Liz for your review. As has already been said The Pheasantry is so special, even the queueing to get in is unlike anywhere else! It was lovely to sit outside and have a drink before the show.

Thanks Annie for your Youtube info. Of course I loved every night but have to agree with Joan that, for me, Saturday night was extra special.

Was it Sunday evening when he was talking about the tour and said that in the front three rows for the concerts it will be "you lot" and laughed.

A lovely weekend, looking forward to Bedworth now

Thanks for the reviews and photos.
I have to agree that the Pheasantry is rather special, and the staff are so helpful and patient. It was rather hot queueing on those stairs though.
I was lucky enough to be there for the three nights, well when you travel a distance you have to make the most of train and hotel costs - the economy of bulk so to speak. We discovered lots of hidden bits of London as on 2 of the days we walked from our hotel on the Bayswater Road, through Hyde Park, then down through Kensington to Chelsea - about 4 miles in total - we didn't attempt the walk back.
I am having trouble deciding which of the 3 nights was best, I thought he was brilliant in them all. I love it when he gets a fit of the giggles, like when someone had left SEE tour flyers on his chair and music stands, then he composes himself and goes into the emotion of the next song.
So many highlights for me, Feel Good, Beginning to Breath Again, Lullaby are at the top because of the obvious connection that Lee has with them when he sings.
"One for my Baby" I loved for the mood he created with the glasses of whiskey - how the waitress managed to keep a steady hand when pouring them on stage I do not know.
It was a great 3 days.

Gosh it's been a while for me posting on here, I'm a bit rusty!

I was lucky enough to go to all three nights, each time with a different friend so I had a wonderful varied weekend and I enjo*** it all so much. From having lunch on the South Bank by the London eye, to enjoying the unusual art at the Saatchi Gallery, and having a conversation across the underground track at Sloane Square on the way home! Ahem, one fan might recall how I beckoned to her to come closer into almost certain death across the track LOL (no harm intended obviously :) )It was a funny moment, one of many that I enjo*** over the weekend.

My best night was Friday, I liked the way that his nerves gave him the edge on the first songs and it's always so lovely NOT to know what is in store for the evening, something that only happens at the beginning of a tour. I took a photo of the set list as I was sitting right next to it but didn't look at it as I didn't want to spoil it for myself.

I loved all of the songs even though I had never heard several of them before. I think Lee's choices and the feel of the evening and the era suit him so well, he looked very comfortable to be singing them. My only concern is that the intimacy created for the mellow ones is not lost in a larger venue but I'm sure he will transfer is successfully being the professional that he is.

There were so many funny moments that its hard to remember them. One concert is quick to blurr, not to mention three on top of each other!!
The 'snogging my face off' comment made me laugh, kissing for 15 minutes at 12 seemed to go down well with Lee even though he was sworn to secrecy by the lady four years his senior

One lasting memory that I have is Lee tucking his shirt into the back of his trousers as it kept ballooning out of his waistcoat! I had a side view on the first day so I had lots of delicious views of his 'other' side and the other was the passion that he put into singing 'Feeling Good', it was quite something to be so close!

Loved the Q and A and desperately wanted to ask more about the vlogs he has mentioned on Twitter but wasn't brave enough. We had topics from what inspired him to how he controlled the curls! He was a good sport to go into the detail that he did.
Oh and I loved the whisky moment too. On the last day, the lady poured him an extremely large glass and he said something like 'wow that's a big....' followed by, 'there's enough there for both of us luv'. I loved his expressions during that. On Saturday, Stephen did the honours with the glass but Lee struggled to see him from the stage and everyone did a sorry arhhhh for him as Lee accepted the waitresses glass.

I loved the duet that Brian did with Lee for Lullaby on the last show. I've loved the Billy Joel song for a long time and it always wrenches at my heart but to hear Lee sing it was awesome and on Friday he struggled to stay composed as the emotion suddenly got to him too. I love that!

I have a funny little vid that was recorded from my lap. I used my camera little on the first night as I was too close but near the end I thought I'd try to use it for a bit of audio so I put it on but hadn't realised that it was taking an image from under the table. There is not much Lee but what it does show is his utter professionalism and loveableness combined to get himself out of an awkward situation and it was even funnier from above the table . The first two lines remind me of when he was in Lord Arthur

IlSeeYouInMyDreams

Thank you Jazzylou and all you lovely ladies for posting your reviews
it means such a lot to those of us that couldn't be there. I did go
to see Lee at the Pheasantry the last time he performed there and it
really is a very special venue.

I have watched the video you posted several times so far Jazzylou, it
is so brilliant and funny. loved it.

I just went to the Sunday night. I felt so lucky to be going at all as I was originally going to be on holiday. Big thank you to Asher for the ticket.
Queuing on the stairs was quite jolly since most people knew each other. Somewhat hot and sticky though.
I think the Pheasantry is just perfect for Lee. The intimacy it creates suits him and the songs too. He is also able to connect so directly with the audience, and on a couple of occasions they with him! It was a very special evening.
I have to agree with Ruthie regarding my favourite songs. Lullaby was just so beautiful and emotional to listen to and Feeling Good.....well, what can I say. Phew! He certainly sang that as if he meant it!
It was lovely to hear Amanda sing again. She will be a great guest on the tour. Looking forward to Bedworth now and after such a long gap, it is wonderful to think it is only a couple of weeks away!
Jazzylou .....ha ha ha!🚇😧

TheAboveTableVersion

This is the 'above table' version of See you in my Dreams. I think he's perfected it now! I hope you enjoy this version

p.s. I really don't think he could see the camera as I keep it as covered as possible. Remember how far away I was. I really can't decide but it makes for a rather nice vid.

I'm just loving all the reviews on here
Thank you Jazz for posting those vids.
I have no idea how Lee can be so funny one moment and so in the emotional zone the next.

Joem the flyer moment was extremely funny wasn't it?
I love it when he said why have I got this? and someone shouted "so you can remember the dates"

It was good to catch up with friends and see and listen to Lee at the Pheasantry.I was not expecting to go as the places had been sold out for ages so it was a wonderful surprise to get a place at the last moment. Many thanks to Joan who organised this and to the lady who was unable to use her ticket.Infact there were no actual tickets, just names on a list which I found quite confusing .We queued for several hours but it was well worth it as Sunny mead and I sat on a table so close to Lee that we could almost reach out and touch him.He looked and sounded breathtakingly good and I Loved all the new songs.Best of all he is happy again and that happiness shone through his performance and his quick witted banter with his fans.Also a big thankyou to Sunnymead who drove me to and from the venue and put up with me falling asleep in the car and lovely to meet Lin again and talk about America and all things Lee.

Just one more thing .... oh boy, can he GRRRROWL .....

HI Jazzy so lovely to hear a review from you it seems ages since you posted I always loved reading your reviews hope to hear more from you in the ***ure.
Thanks to all the ladies that posted reviews as Maggie May said it is nice to read reviews when you can't get there.
Cheers acer x

So much fun to have others' reviews as it reminds me of things - like the shirt coming out of the back of his pants on Friday. Such lovely memories. *ahem*

Jazzy, thanks for the vids. I have posted some on the Meadaholics Facebook page but will make the attempt to put them on youtube so I can share them here for those of you who don't "do" Facebook.

Each night was special in its way, wasn't it? But Saturday was definitely my favorite.

Such a wonderful trip - sad to know it is over and not be sure of when I will be able to make the journey again. But it was wonderful to meet up with so many dear friends.

Is it not possible to put the videos of Lee singing at the Pheasantry on here then most members would be able to see them.it is not that I won't join facebook they won't let me in keep saying my password is wrong

acer, I uploaded the video to Facebook directly from my phone. I need to put the video in youtube in order to post it here.

I'll do that tomorrow so check back then.

Thank you so much sorry to be a bother I will look forward to seeing that.
Thank you again.
Cheers acer

acer there should be an option on facebook to click "forgotten password" and they will email you with a link for you to be able to reset your password.

thanks to everyone that shared photo's and vids

Angela & SunnyMead I was so pleased the you both managed to get those last minute seats. Phew what good seats they were

OK, I finally have the videos on youtube and can post the links here. Not so great ones first:

Where or When - unfortunately, only the last half. It's the first one and I had to build up my nerve.

WhereOrWhen

I Fall In Love Too Easily - Sadly,very blurry. Again, I was just getting the hang of this. But the audio is beautiful so I decided to share it anyway.

FallInLoveTooEasily

Now the better ones. I have left in all the chat I happened to record so sometimes he has a story to tell before actually getting into the song. And we do love his stories, don't we?

All The Things You Are
AllTheThingsYouAre

Some Enchanted Evening
SomeEnchantedEvening

Setting the mood for "Set 'Em Up, Joe" Unfortunately, for some reason, I stopped recording and did get the actual song. But the set up is pretty funny so I thought I would share anyway.
SettingTheMood

Feeling Good - and he definitely is feeling good these days.
FeelingGood

Mack the Knife
MackTheKnife

And my personal favorite, Lullaby
Lullaby

Brian McCann was his special guest on Sunday when I recorded these, so he sings a lovely harmony with Lee on Lullaby.

I hope you enjoy these.

Thank you so much for going to all this trouble I can't wait to watch and my favourite is on mack the knife thank you again I do appreciate it.
Cheers
acer x

Thanks for filming and uploading those, LC!

'Some Enchanted Evening' is lovely. So tenderly sung.

It's interesting that Lee doesn't go for the 'sexy' approach with 'Feeling Good' - it was sexy (especially the growling ), but his emotions came through and his interpretation of the lyrics was spot on.

'Lullabye' is just sublime! I did shed a tear or two watching this vid. I think I was fine until the line about Cardiff Bay! I honestly don't know how Lee was able to keep it together throughout that song - it's just so emotional! Brian's harmonies were lovely.

More lovely treats! Thank you!

Thank you to all who posted a review - it's always lovely to read about everyone's experience of a concert and the different little bits they remember. Very much appreciated by those who couldn't make it

And special thanks also for the videos - I haven't had time to catch up with all the goodies yet but am looking forward to it!

Roll on Bedworth

Thanks for all the vids Jazzy & Lin. Brings back lovely memories of last sunday. Lullaby is just beautiful.
Lin, Happy 4th of July to you & all U.S.ladies.

I think I hit my Meady low today (took a week, that shows how good it was!)
So I thought I'd share Mack the Knife with you because it made me feel better. I hope it works for anyone else who is feeling the same xx

MTK

Thank you Amanda X

Can hardly believe it has been nearly two weeks since The Pheasantry - how time flies. I went on the Saturday evening, such a wonderful venue and magical atmosphere.
Thank you for all your reviews and vids. It is great to read your shared memories.
Jazzy - love your vid "I'll see you in my dreams". A truly happy, giggly Lee and I love Mason's reaction. Must be one of my favourites.
Jan 2 it was lovely to meet you. Hope to catch up with you at another Lee concert sometime!!!