​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Let's Hear It For The Boys"

In case anyone hasn't seen it on Twitter, Lee is taking part in this charity concert at the Grove Theatre, Dunstable, on 10th May. Tickets are only £17.50, or less for concessions.

According to various tweets, Lee will be in the company of John Owen Jones, Hugh Maynard (currently John in Miss Saigon), Michael Xavier, Ben Richards, Oliver Thompsett, Daniel Boys etc etc - and it will all be introduced by Louise Dearman.

https://www.grovetheatre.co.uk/events/lets-hear-it-for-the-boys/

http://www.westendframe.com/2015/01/louise-dearman-hosts-lets-hear-it-for.html

Just one thing - there is no railway station at Dunstable .

Re: "Let's Hear It For The Boys"

Shame about the railway station, will do some digging around and see where Dunstable is and how to get there.

What a great line-up!

Should be a fun night for Lee - and those fans who can make it to Dunstable

It is in Bedfordshire 30 miles from London

Thanks A/Liz for the 'heads up' on what looks like a really fabulous Charity Concert...
It will be great to see so many wonderful West End Stars perform together under one roof, and on one night...
Not to be missed I think.

Hope everyone going to the concert on Sunday has a great time!

It seems an age since the Christmas concert so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it (hopefully)

Shame that Daniel Boys had to pull out but nice that he has been added to the line up for Lee's next charity concert in June.

Has any one heard did Lee make it to the concert thank you

Someone's just tweeted a pic of all the 'Boys' taking a selfie on stage!

LINKY THING

It looks like Lee's wearing the blue suit!

...and with perfect timing, someone's just tweeted the selfie!

LINKY THING

Lovely photo of Lee at the stage door after the LHIFTB charity concert
tonight posted by @RuthMckay1 As always, would someone kindly post
a link to it. Thank you

There is also a black and white selfie of the group taken by niallshehey
on his twitter page which is much clearer.

Fabulous evening last night. He looked and sounded gorgeous.The whole concert was an outstanding array of talent from start to finish. i waved my camera in the air from a distance and the few results are below. Not the best I am afraid but posting anyway.

photo SDC11592.jpg

photo SDC11590.jpg
 photo SDC11593.jpg

Great photos! Thanks Cassie!

Looks like he's had a hair cut!

Those photos are terrific, Cassie - thank you so much for sharing.

I love the shorter curls!

The entire concert was just fabulous. So much talent and so many big voices on stage.

We all went into temporary meltdown when Lee tweeted he was held up on the M25 and may not make the concert. Thank goodness someone spotted him just before the concert was due to start.

I won't go into details of exactly who sang what (mainly because I can't remember! ), but I do know that John Owen Jones was moved to the first half in place of Lee. Louise announced each singer in turn, with a brief resume of what they had done. Each time she said, "I've known this person for x years, he's so much fun etc etc" we were convinced it was going to be Lee, but we had to wait until the second half before he appeared.

He was wearing the new blue suit and waistcoat from the recent photo shoot and looked amazing. When he and Louise had finished joking around, he launched into Anthem ... wow! His voice was stunning, and bearing in mind he had missed the soundcheck ... even bigger wow! Then he settled himself on to a stool, and had to remind himself that this was not his show, as he did tend to rabbit on , although he did show off his new purple socks! His second song was "All of Me" - I've used the word stunning before, but he was. Beautiful, emotional, powerful, soft, all the light and shade you could wish for, I can't describe it, it was wonderful. In fact, when Louise came back on, she had tears in her eyes. He got the loudest applause of the night up to that point.

The lovely Hugh Maynard from Miss Saigon has posted a video of the finale, with great fun being had by all - hope this works:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=563735627099414

Sounds like it was a fab night. Thanks for the review, A/Liz!

The video works for me - they all look happy and bouncy!

Love the review, ALiz - thanks so much.

Here's another small snippet of the finale, similar to the one posted by ALiz.

finale

And some lovely photos here:

LHIFTBPhotos

That suit is very blue . . .

Ooh! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the review ALiz & thanks Cassie for the photo's
It's nice to get a review & relive the show through someone else's eyes
Everything about Sunday night was enchanting.
We arrived in Dunstable to a sea of familiar & friendly faces at a very crowded local pub next to the theatre.
It was there that I heard that Lee was stuck on the M25
The theatre had a cosy friendly feel about it. Maybe because the staff & performers were giving their time to raise money & awareness of Alzheimers society. A very impressive £12K
A friend of ours joined us. He managed to get a last minute ticket because one of our lovely Lee fans is ill & couldn't use her ticket.
I wish her better

Louise Dearman is a very warm bubbly lovely lady & it was clear that she had put a lot of time & effort into getting this show together.
I can't remember the order of the night but a couple of performances stood out for me.
Killian Donnelly singing 'Memphis" & Ben Forster showed two completely different sides by singing a song from "Elf" & Gethsemane
It was lovely to see Niall Sheehey again
I love John Owen Jones and he was on top form on Sunday night.
But of course the main reason that I was there was to see Lee.
The blue suit fits very well #justsaying
we had to wait until the 2nd half & Lee made us all giggle by coming on stage to early. Louise was giving him the big build up but he must have heard his name & came on to the stage before she had announced him properly
When he realized he said something like "oh I'm not supposed to be here am I"
Louise didn't stop her big build up & Lee said #awkward & enough Louise.
But then she exited stage right & the music started & Lee sang Anthem perfectly
After that he sat on the conveniently placed stool & started to chat before he said something about rabbiting on. He then sang "All of Me" so beautifully it touched my heart & I was dragged into the moment.
How does he do that???

The impromptu ticket auction in the first half was funny & very successful
The whole evening was perfect & our friend said it was one of the best shows he had seen in a very long time.
The show ended with John Owern Jones getting a well deserved standing ovation

We didn't go to Stage door. We went home happy & very glad to have been there

Thanks Cassie for the photos, beautiful curls , you've become very good at waving your camera in the air . Thanks A/Liz and Joan for the great reviews. Not too much I can add to what was a brilliant night of entertainment by all the guys. A fantastic amount raised for Alzheimer's Society and I'm sure we all know someone who has or is affected by this condition.
As has been said, we were all concerned when we heard Lee was having problems getting there. He obviously rang Louise who told us on stage that she had said to Lee if he couldn't make it they would understand, bearing in mind also that he had to drive back to Cardiff that night and be on set for 7am on the Monday morning [phew], but Lee wouldn't hear of it and said he'd get there and, bless him, he did and what a performance he gave, stunning .
One or two other bits, although there were quite a few men in the audience, when several of the performers first came on they laughingly said 'Evening Ladies' .
I think it was John Owen-Jones who'd said they were all having a great time backstage and there were no divas there! No doubt Lee and Niall were having a good catch up, as they were good friends during Wicked.
Of course, things didn't always go smoothly on stage as the mike's were playing up a bit. There was a lovely guy who had to keep popping on stage (who was an absolute scream). Turns out he'd worked with Louise some time ago and is in fact a drag queen (can't remember his name, Louise did say). At the end Louise asked him to sing (think the song was from Rent), he had a lovely voice and you could hear all the words!
A big crowd at the SD and observing from the railings at the top, noticed there were quite a lot of young girls/ladies there which was nice to see.
I'll post again if I think of anything else.

Oh Yes Annie I had forgotten the chap that kept popping on & off stage sorting out mic's stools etc
he is aka Velma Celli the drag queen that was in east enders recently.

Thank you Ladies for your reviews and Cassie for your photos, wonderful pics of the curls.

A/Liz you put into words exactly how I felt about Lee's performance, stunning.

Many thanks to all for the photos, videos and reviews of Sunday night

Sounds like everyone involved had a fabulous time - I'm glad that Lee managed to battle the M25 to make it there eventually. Hopefully he wasn't too knackered on set on Monday morning!

Thank you Cassie for the lovely stage door photos and for all your
lovely reviews. The photo I previously mentioned posted by@RuthMcKay1
on behalf of her friend is also a lovely front view of Lee at the
stage door, unfortunately I do not know how to do a link.

On the professional photo site by People Press, link posted on the forum by LCBoniti (thank you), I have just looked at them again and there are two
lovely photos of Lee standing on stage with Louise which I hadn't noticed
previously so I wondered if they have just been added.

Thanks everyone for all the reviews, videos, photos & links etc.