​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In Harmony With Your Gut Concert - 7 June 2015

News on this concert has been kicking about for a while but, since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned on the forum, here are the details in case anyone missed it:

https://twitter.com/DuncHeather/status/582286576358670336

It's a concert in St Paul's Church, Covent Garden on 7 June in aid of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation and St Mark's Hospital. Lee is mentioned as the Special Guest (subject to availability) so it may not be 100% certain that he can attend. Daniel Boys has tweeted, however, that he will be joining the line-up listed in the link.

Busy times coming up for Lee!!!

Re: In Harmony With Your Gut Concert - 7 June 2015

We've booked for this. It's easy to get to and the tickets aren't expensive. If Lee can't make it, we will look on it as a donation to the charity.

Couldn't resist booking as well. It is the church my daughter got married in two years ago, so the place has fond memories for me and my husband.

Awww Deanna that's really lovely.
It is only 9 more sleeps to this gig.
How many of you are going to this?
It would be lovely to have a few reviews on here if you are going.

May everyone going to tonight's concert have a great time!

Thanks Greycat. Hope we hear some reviews of this concert for a very good cause.

These two girls got a 'double' - a pic with Lee and Daniel!

LINKY THING

Lovely photo of Lee and Daniel has just been posted by@SamanthaJane092
if someone could post a link please. It looks as though it was taken
before the concert as Lee and Daniel are both casually dressed.
Lee tweeted that he is on his way back to Cardiff, he works so hard
but he looks very happy in the photo.

Thanks Jo. It is taking me ages to get onto the Forum and to post
anything, is anyone else having trouble.

Hi Maggie I am not having any trouble [at the moment]hope it goes ok for you x

I haven't had any problems posting tonight.

We have a couple of gorgeous photos from Leanne on the home page - click on them and see what happens.

And here is one from Joan of the rehearsal.

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-Rehearsal1Joan_zpsrouv5dml.jpg

Hopefully we will hear from some who were fortunate enough to be there.

(My turn next time . . . PHEASANTRY!!!!! )

Lovely! Two really nice guys.

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-Leanne_zpsdgskksfh.jpg

Photos by Leanne

Very nice!

Lovely photos, ladies! Thank you.

Twitter is awash with photos, as there didn't seem to be any restriction on cameras last night. My favourite so far is from Carolyn Beard (@carobeard), including her tweet to Lee: "Amazing concert. Such a talent to make someone feel like they are the only one being sung to. X" I think that sums up his performances perfectly, don't you?

St Paul's Church is in the middle of Covent Garden, but is an oasis of calm, with lovely gardens and lots of benches for sitting. I found it some weeks ago, when the gardens were full of office workers enjoying their lunchtime sandwiches in the peace and quiet.

I digress! Anyway, we queued up outside the Church until doors opened. There were lots of comings and goings of people who we didn't recognise but guessed would be taking part - lots of very pretty, glamorous girls and some dishy men - including a certain curly haired person who was looking gorgeous in a pale blue shirt.

Duncan, one of the organisers, came out and seemed a bit taken aback at the sight of the queue. I think he panicked a bit, and worried about us waiting all that time. Little did he know we have waited far longer for our man! It turned out that Lee knew Duncan way back from Bilbao Ferry days, when they first met.

On to the concert itself. Apart from the big names of Lee, Daniel, Jonathan Ansell, Oliver Thompsett & Charlotte Jaconelli, I have to say I hadn't heard of a lot of the performers, but they were all so accomplished, even if one or two weren't exactly my cup of tea... I loved the quartet of girl singers, called Zyrah (@wearezyrah on Twitter, if you're interested), who have some connection with music from Game of Thrones, I believe. Another favourite of mine was Chris Mitchell (@ChrisDavidMitch), co-organiser, who had been seriously ill with intestinal problems - he sang You'll Never Walk Alone virtually unaccompanied, and you could have heard a pin drop. Apparently this was the first time he had sung in public since his illness, so it was a big deal for him.

Lee only appeared in the first half, as he had to dash off to catch his train back to Cardiff. He sang All Of Me and Anthem, and was fabulous as ever, even though it was a bit odd for him to see us, as the late sunlight was streaming in through the Church windows. I think he impressed a lot of people who hadn't seen him before and were there for other performers or to support the charity.

Heavens, this has gone on a bit. I think I'd better stop now before everybody dies of boredom!

>>it was a bit odd for him to see us, as the late sunlight was streaming in through the Church windows<<

That explains the light across his face in Leanne's photos.

You can never go on too much - please post more if you feel like it.

Lovely review A/Liz!

First time I have done a review for a long time so will try my best

Arrieved in Covent Garden about 5 and as I was not sure where to get in the venue went round the back of the church and was pleasantly suprised to see lovely "oasis" in the cetre of London. Went inside the church and there was Danualsinging no one seemed bothered by my coming in so I sat at the back and watched. When suddely Bonus time up got Lee and proceded to sit by the fella playing the piano after awhile he came to the mike and sang "All of me" could not believe my luck.
Went and had some tea an came back to join the already long line of patiet fans. saw Olive Thomset arrive much to the delight of the lady next to eho was there to see him especially totally missed Lee coming in but caught a glimps and saw he was wearing the same blue shirt and Jeans he was wearing at the rehursal
The concert itself was very good I had not heard of quiet afew of them but a four girl group made an impression, Also there was a girl called Holly Bluet which was the same name as the girl in Cinderella. she was ob. not the same girl so bit confused with that !!
Lee came on looking very dapper in his blue suit the left trouser was a bit caught up I was dying to give it a tug !!!!! He sang "All of Me" and "Anthem" beautifully in fact the lady nesxt to me said "he is going to be a great star" I felt like his proud mum !!
I had to leave after half time for personal reaons but I had a lovely evening just wish I had had a chance to say hello to him.

A very handy review here, which lists all the artists who took part. Nice pic of Lee if you scroll through

https://www.londontheatre1.com/shows/index.php/615/harmony-gut/

There is also a link to the Just Giving site if anyone would care to make a donation.

Thanks A/Liz and Maggie for your reviews, much appreciated.

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh WOW! We have hit the photo jackpot with this one.

Carolyn Beard, Imagine Photography was at the concert and was able to take some amazing photos. She contacted us because she wanted to share here on the Forum.

We all know how temperamental the Forum can be these days ( ) So I have posted them for her here and on the website home page.

Her twitter is @carobeard if you want to thank her - and we also owe our gratitude to the promoters/organizers of the concert who did not prevent the taking of photos. As I said, we hit the photo jackpot. Anyone who is able and willing might contribute a little something to the Crohn's and Colitis UK Just Giving account - link is on the home page.

So, without further ado . . .

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography1_zpsfith6h6r.jpg

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography2_zpsajmznsxv.jpg

photo InharmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography3_zpsgxuwjyun.jpg

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography5_zpsdmpdnfbw.jpg

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography7_zpsys5ayc5r.jpg

photo InHarmonyWithYourGut-CarolynBeardImaginePhotography8_zpsp8gb9aro.jpg

I didn't see one boring review there, they were all lovely. Thanks for them and for all the gorgeous photos.

Ooh, stunning pics!

Thanks, Carolyn!

it's lovely to read these reviews on here.
How lovely of Carolyn Beard to share her wonderful photo's with us all.

I also managed to walk in during rehearsals
 photo HWGsoundcheck.jpg

What beautiful photos from Carolyn! But then, what a beautiful subject!

Lucky you, Joan, to catch the rehearsals/sound check!

I know A Liz
I think that I saw most of the show in rehearsals.

Even more added to the already abundance of riches - A lovely experience shared by Joan Lankford and Leanne Falconer with even more gorgeous photos. Check it out:

INWYG-Experience

That was a good read - thanks, Joan and Leanne!

Thanks to all who supplied reviews and photos - every one is very much appreciated

Sounds like all who managed to attend had a lovely evening and helped a great cause!

Thank you to everyone who has shared their reviews & gorgeous photos.

Oooof, those pictures!

Lee in church, now there's a whole lot of new scenarios....

Toni
Why do I think your thoughts are NOT angelic