​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Lee is Aladdin - Panto 2015 / 2016

Lovely photos and reviews - thanks.
Special thanks to Jane for her great review, and whoever it was that managed to get the photo of Lee in his "Little Jimmy Brown" costume- priceless. My grandad used to sing that song to me, I used to cry at the end.

Like Jane, I was rather bemused at how King Kong *****d in, and a few other bits seemed to be stretching it a bit, but hey - its allowed, its panto. I thoroughly enjo*** the performances I saw. I was rather hoping Lee would sing "A Whole New World", but I loved the songs he did sing.

Sorry I never reviewed this time, but Jane's brilliant review and photos eclipsed anything I could have posted or added. All I can add is that it was brilliant, and made a very bad outward journey worthwhile!

I can't really add any more to the reviews already posted. We saw Aladdin *ahem* a few times, with seats everywhere, from the front row to the dizzy heights of the dress circle, which had such a steep rake, but each had its own charm.

But, true to form, the WJs on tour had their 'it could only happen to us' moment. We had gone back to the bar of our hotel and walked into what, if it had been a musical, could only have been 'Rocky Horror' ('Sweet Transvestite' ... I should add, they weren't in stockings & suspenders, just in frocks, but you get the picture ....)

you ladies always stay at the very best places don't you?

LOL! A/Liz...could only happen to us Joan, it's almost as if we 'order it up'!!!...

What a lovely thread this is. Must admit I really did enjoy Aladdin what a huge production...but I think my overall favourites are still 'Cinderella' and 'Robin Hood'...
Thanks to everyone for the reviews and photos.
Not sure about the short hair Joan, I think I still prefer it just a tad longer, but it will soon grow I'm sure.

1 2