​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting Do***entary On Connie Fisher

I came across this do***entary in a thread on the 'What's On Stage' forum. It was shown the other night on BBC Wales (which is probably why I was unaware of it until it was mentioned on WOS). It's basically about the struggles of Connie Fisher (winner of 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?') to get her singing voice back after years of problems with her vocal chords.

LINKY THING

I think the 'Vocal Muscle Builder' guy meant well (and I think Connie needs a coach or teacher with a no-nonsense approach), but I'm not sure his techniques are good for vocal chords with physical damage.

When they showed the interior of the Palladium, I recognised the staircase which featured in Lee's 'Winner's Story' do***entary, where he went to the Palladium to chat with Connie! Also, that Palladium dressing-room looks huge compared to the one Lee had at the Adelphi (which had that tiny shower cubicle! ).

Re: Interesting Do***entary On Connie Fisher

Aah, I see the Bravenet Censor Minions have been at the title of this thread!

As well as the do***entary, there was another shorter programme, which was a few songs from the concert.

LINKY THING

Her deeper voice has a lovely tone to it. I hope she keeps working on it.

Incidentally, next year marks the 10th anniversary of 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?'/ the start of the TV Casting Shows. I wonder if the BBC will do something to mark it? I'd like to see something along the lines of the 2007 Christmas show 'When Joseph Met Maria', so we get to see how the Casting Show contestants are sounding now.

I saw that Jo I enjo*** it and I remembered the staircase I remember her saying to him everyone will know when your birthday is he was very shy then much better now.it would be nice to have another show like When Joseph met Maria but I doubt it very much unless the Connie show has jogged his memory as to how po****r Joseph and Maria were

For anyone interested Connie is repeated on Sunday July 13th BBC4 8pm.

Sorry I put the wrong date for the repeat of the Connie Story it is Sunday July 12th not 13th