​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brian McCann Cabaret - with guest Lee - 18 October

Since Lee tweeted about this event earlier today, tickets are probably very limited by now!

http://phoenixartistclub.com/index.php/event/songs-unsung-presents-brian-mccann-in-cabaret-4015/

I hadn't heard of the Phoenix Artist Club in London before but it looks like an interesting venue! Hopefully some forum members make it there for the cabaret on 18 October and report back

Lee is a rather busy boy at the moment - with the Welsh BAFTAs, SEE concerts in Barnstaple, Yeovil and Winchester, his half marathon, the first Both Sides Now concerts at the Pheasantry and now this event, it'll be quite a while before he has a whole weekend off!

Re: Brian McCann Cabaret - with guest Lee - 18 October

If anyone's going to the show tonight, I hope you have a great time.

I really enjo*** Brian's'Billy Joel Unsung' show a couple of years ago even though Lee was sadly unwell and unable to appear.

Looking forward to hearing Lee's song choice for this - I think there's a good chance 'Lullabye' will feature!

Here's a lovely bit of vid tweeted by Philip Dehany - who says he might be a bit in love with Lee. Can't blame him, can we?

PhilipDehanyVid1

And another bit posted just for us. Wow.

PhilipDehanyVid2

Lin Thanks for posting Philip Dehany's vids
Last night was really lovely. I had not been well for the past few days #badcold but after getting lots of rest & meds I made it.
I got to the Phoenix Artist Club just after 5pm. when I arrived there was already a few friendly faces there. after a bit of excited chatting Lee arrived.
Looking drop dead gorgeous in his blue suit.
He asked if we were there for the show. then he said that he had come straight from the theatre awards which was great fun.
Lee said that he had to get in to do his sound check.
Amazing that Lee was so early for a sound check.
One of the other fans told Lee that Brian had just nipped over to the pub for something to eat.
Good idea since the venue had only got 5 pizza's to cater for us all.
we sat in the bar trying to block out the piped music so that we could hear the sound check going on in the other room.
After a short time Lee passed us by on his way out to grab a bite to eat. he managed a quick hello & then disappeared up the stairs.

Soon enough it was time to enter the tiny but atmospheric cabaret area.
Tables for 2 at the front with rows of chairs behind. at the side was little booths housing 4/6 people. It had a wonderful shabby feel to the place.

It started with Brian singing 40/15 and talking about his milestone birthday 40 he welcome guests friends and Lee Mead fans

I can't remember the order of guests & songs. So I will just talk about a few special moments

Adam Linstead sang a very funny song called when you are old & grey.
Anton Stephans from The X factor was fantastic & very funny.
The evening ended with Rakesh Boury singing to one of the Lee fans in the front row.

However I am rambling when what you really want to hear about is Lee.

Lee was on in the 2nd half. When Brian introduced him he talked about when he & Lee were in Phantom & he pointed out an ad about ALW search for Joseph.
Lee said that he would check it out for Brian and wasn't seen for the whole year
Lee & Brian sang a duet "Lullabye" towards the end of the song Lee stopped & said "I have forgotten the words" the pianist prompted him and they carried on.
After that he sang Feeling Good He was purring through that song.
he looked & sounded oh soooo good.
then he finished with All of Me.

after Lee performance a couple of artists said "oh I'm doing a Lee Mead" I have forgotten what's next.
It was all done in fun and the room was full of love and admiration for every performer there.

This place is a little gem & I will certainly be going there again some time.

Great review, Joan! Sounds like a good night!

I'm loving the video clips, also.