​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Lee to Star In Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Tour

Another video interview from (presumably) the same day, judging by the white t-shirt and tight blue jeans!

LINKY THING

He seems very chilled out, thanks to his massage!

He's still being cagey about his panto plans for this year, but again mentions that he should know 'next week'. I think he's trying to deflect questioning.

Another lovely video interview, thanks Jo. I think that is the best
interview I have seen Lee do. He was so relaxed and happy, perhaps
due to the massage he had just had, he reckons he is going to have
one every week.

Also nice to hear that he is loving doing Chitty.

I didn't get to opening night, having already booked myself a date at Sunset Boulevard with Glenn Close and Michael Xavier's swimming trunks ..... but I digress ..... Anyway, Curly Liz and I did go to the matinee the next day.

Milton Keynes is, er, interesting, if you like concrete squares and wide boulevards. We knew that buses went from the station to the theatre, and who should we find already sitting on the first bus we saw, but Joan, so we knew we were on the right track! We popped into Costa for a well needed coffee and bite to eat, then sauntered over to the theatre, where we found some other fans sitting in the sunshine outside another eaterie. Suddenly, my 'Leedar' burst into life as we saw a blue shirted, curly haired figure striding up the road (sadly, a lot less curls than I prefer, but I know a lot of you like the new, short look). We guessed he was off for a coffee, and sure enough he came back with a Costa cup .... aarrgghh, if only we'd lingered there a bit longer. We chatted with the other ladies a bit more, then went for a stroll around the block to get our bearings for visiting the Stage Door after the show. Ah, there it was - and OMG, who should be sitting on the steps outside but Lee, munching a sandwich!!!

Time was getting on, so we made our way into the theatre, somewhat excited after our impromptu sighting , to meet up with other friends. I think there were about 9 or 10 of Lee's 'regulars' there that afternoon, not bad for a midweek matinee.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I think everyone knows the car broke down on opening night - well, it was fine by Thursday afternoon! It's a great, fun show, panto-like at times, and Lee is on stage a lot! We know he can sing, but oh boy, can he dance! He was great, and anyone who is seeing Chitty at a forthcoming venue, you are in for such a treat!

There was quite a gathering at the stage door afterwards, and all the stars came out for signings and photos. Lee was last, and came over to us for a chat. When I say 'us', I mean his aforementioned regulars . This is where Meadmush sets in, as I can never remember what is said when talking to him, although he did mention the technical difficulties they had had the night before. He is looking very fit (in every sense of the word), after all the intensive dance practice he has been having over the last few weeks! No clues about panto (unless I missed that bit when I was drooling )

It is so lovely to have him back in a show again, and although I miss Lofty far more than I thought I would, I do feel Lee's place is on the stage, where he belongs and comes alive.

Thanks for that A/Liz!

Lee is certainly looking toned, judging by those interview vids!

Another video interview!

LINKY THING

Love those reviews - thanks, Joan and A/Liz!

Certainly whetting my appetite for Newcastle - that plus Lee keeps mentioning Newcastle in those interviews when he talks about rushing home to spend his day off with the little one.

It's probably just as frustrating for him as it is for us, I'm sure he's dying to spill the beans but has been told to keep quiet for a little longer.

A blog review of opening night:-

LINKY THING

I like the idea of Lee resting on the grass outside Iceland (the supermarket, not the country! ) between shows!

Lovely photo posted this evening of Lee with the young boy who plays
his son in Chitty, he looks very much like Lee, tweeted by the boy's
Mum @HaylesHotlips.

Thanks to everybody for the reviews so far.

Here we go - Lee and his on-stage 'son':-

LINKY THING

They do look alike!

Thanks for posting the link Jo.

There is another lovely photo of Lee posted after the last matinee show
at Milton Keynes by @kevster73 he has posted it sideways but you can get a
larger version if you click on it. I wonder if you can do your magic Jo and
post it, it really is a lovely photo of Lee.

Thank you.

Here we go:-

LINKY THING

Thanks Jo.

I am loving the short hair

Me too Joan.

I'm not. Bring back the long curls!

Loving all the reviews and comments here! Definitely excited to see the show (and Lee *ahem*) in Newcastle.

We also have a new website page especially for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang reviews and interviews - and have started off with a terrific review of opening night by Trudy.

Please do continue to post here, but if you would like your review to be included on the Chitty page, email us. x o

CCBB

Nice work, LC. Good review from Trudy.

I'm fond of both looks myself. Anybody else?

I am liking it as it is at the moment I do like more curls but have noticed when longer it tends to split on his forehead making him look as if he is losing his hair so I am going for shorter look I expect it is better for him will be cooler doing all that dancing but whichever way it is still our Lee!!!

I like both the longer and shorter hair. With the shorter hair, Lee has a look of Ben Cross when he was in 'Chariots Of Fire':-

LINKY THING

An interview with Lee ahead of Newcastle:-

LINKY THING

Interesting that Lee has filmed some bits for Theatre advertising - look forward to seeing those.

Also, interesting that there are plans to bring Chitty to the WE in 2018 for the 50th anniversary (of the story/film)! Would be great if Lee got to be Potts in the WE!

Lee's just been on BBC Radio Nottingham. Nice little interview. Both the Meadaholics and the LM Timeline got a mention!

I 'd when the interviewer ended the interview and then mentioned that next they'd be going to Lewis with the news headlines! ADWD reminders are everywhere!

A photo of Lee at Radio Nottingham:-

LINKY THING

A hot, sweaty interval selfie from Lee!

LINKY THING

Thank you for all these lovely links you keep sending us!

London Weekly News interview with Lee:-

LINKY THING

Nice interview. The bit about a possible ADWD anniversary concert is interesting.

Another interview:-

LINKY THING

I don't remember Lofty mentioning going to Australia?

By heck, it's scary working for the NHS! Transported to Australia for a nursing mishap!

It could have been worse - he could have been banished to Minor Injuries!

Meanwhile, back on Planet Potts, Lee has posted a photo of a slightly more stubbly Potts, ahead of tonight's show!

LINKY THING

I remember Minor Injuries! He looks good in that photo, thanks for sharing.

Loving this - the stars of Chitty auditioning for Mary Poppins?

LINKY THING

Lee was on BBC Radio Newcastle on Friday. The Timline has a link to Listen Again:-

LINKY THING

Lee talking about the old lady at the stage door - "Have a cup of tea and a biscuit, pet..."

He's finding the show exhausting, but is loving it.

He still sometimes can't believe he's in Chitty as Caractacus Potts!

Some enthusiastic reviews from members of the audience.

Questions from the theatre audience.

Asked about Casualty - "Hopefully, I'll be back next year".

Favourite song from one of his shows - CED.

Nice interview.

Loving these snippets & finds.
Thanks Jo

I was able to see Chitty in Newcastle and have added my review to several other great ones on the website. Plus, Sunny-Mead did a very funny (and HOT) gif taken from Carrie's recent blog.

HomePage

The gif is funny!

When did you stay, Lin? I was there last Thursday and Friday but on Thursday after the show, I asked a young man if Lee had come out yet, and to my embarrassment, he brought him over to talk to me. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely but I've seen Lee so many times now and felt a bit bad about being 'in his face' though he was so sweet about my apology, not only saying 'it doesn't matter' but even adding that he hoped to see me again soon!

So after that, I just 'had to be good' on Friday night and made myself go straight home. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you and to thank you for your ongoing work for LMAS.

Will you be in Sheffield?

Popped up to Newcastle for the weekend (as you do, when coming from Essex ).

Lee's Ol Bamboo is now a joy to behold - he has come on in leaps and bounds (literally!) since Milton Keynes and is just so good dancing now, and the look of pure joy on his face is wonderful!

I'm not going to give a report this time, but will just say we spoke to Carrie after (one of) the shows. She is such a sweet girl. She told us Lee is a dream to work with (did we ever think otherwise?!), and let us into a secret .... when the car *SPOILER ALERT* flies, it's her job to make sure the children are strapped in correctly, then she has to give a special cue to Lee before he can continue with his line.

We also had a few words with Lee - quite a few actually, as he was quite happy to stand and chat, but of course Meadmush took over as is always the case!

We were at the Stage Door on the final evening (although Lee had dashed off for his long drive home), and it was fascinating seeing all the scenery being brought out, ready for loading up into the huge lorries, within minutes of the show finishing. They didn't bring the cars out while we were there - I imagine that is a very technical operation!

Tanith, apparently I was just a week too early for all of you. Too bad as I would have loved to see you. Sadly, I have no idea when (or if) I will be able to come again.

However, I always feel that way and somehow find a way to make it happen.

Lee is always so lovely and appreciative - he always seems surprised to see anyone waiting for him at SD. Guess that's why we love him so much.

Sorry I missed you but have a big online hug anyway.

Jane, if you read this - your reviews (both with and without spoilers) are brilliant. It was lovely to see you in Newcastle too.

With thanks to the Timeline - an interview with Lee on BBC Radio Devon:-

LINKY THING

Nice interview. Interesting about the possibility of a WE transfer!

We also have the interview on the website home page.

Lee in the West End in Chitty (or anything else really) would be soooooooo amazing! Especially since I somehow promised my grandkids I'd bring them next time I visit London.

Opps, I mean

Hi, I have a long and boring review of Chitty for you but can't access the e mail link to post it. Any suggestions please?

Tanith, I have messaged you on Facebook. But you can also try to email me directly:

lin.boniti@gmail.com

Unfortunately, even though that link showed properly in my search engine, the options just took me back to Meadaholics. Can we see if it will work with you e mailing me instead?

Success!! Connections made and TP's review is on the website - lots of lovely spoilers.

Great review, TP!

Also loving the Chitty trailer. Is Potts supposed to be so pretty?

Ah thank you! He certainly looks wonderful on that trailer doesn't he?

I like this - a photo of the cast in costume:-

LINKY THING

Lee does look good in a waistcoat!

1 2 3