​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee in Christmas with the Stars, RAH, 8th December

According to Lee's FB page, he has been asked to be a guest at the Christmas With The Stars concert at the Royal Albert Hall on 8th December, in aid of the charity Bloodwise.

Anyone wanting to go had better get their skates on with booking, as there are hardly any seats in the stalls or arena - most availability is in the Circle - if you suffer from vertigo, don't go there (I speak from experience!).

Not much info yet, but here is the link:

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2015/christmas-with-the-stars/

Sadly, this is one London gig I will have to miss. I picked a date out of the blue for OH and I to go to the theatre - a rare occurrence in itself! - and would you believe 8th December is the date in question. The play had better be good!

Re: Lee in Christmas with the Stars, RAH, 8th December

The RAH is such an amazing venue. Lovely for Lee to be able to perform there and support a very worthwhile cause at the same time.

I'm not sure if anyone is going to this concert this evening but, if you are, have a great time!

Lee has such a busy schedule at the moment, it's hard to keep up with everything that's happening

I managed to go to this concert last night. I haven't time just now to tell you about it, but will try and post something this evening. I'll just say Lee sounded brilliant and looked lovely on what must have been a 'difficult' day for him.

Glad to hear that Lee was in good form - probably a good thing that he had panto rehearsals and the RAH event to focus on yesterday.

I have seen quite a few enthusiastic tweets about Lee's performance - nice to see some from the choir - so look forward to hearing more about it when you get a chance AnnieB!

With thanks for the heads up to the Timeline on Twitter, some gorgeous photos of Lee at the RAH have surfaced. Scroll down .....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leukaemia_research/sets/72157662034018832

As promised I'll try and give you a flavour of the Bloodwise Charity Concert last night which was held in the beautiful Royal Albert Hall. The stage was pretty full; the main band was a concert brass one, then there was a piano, a harp, two choirs, plus from time to time State Trumpeters on stage, so it was a bit of a tight fit.

Each guest was introduced by a personality we mostly know from TV. The one who introduced Lee was Dr Dawn Harper from Embarrassing Bodies!, the connection being medical with Lee's role in Casualty. Lee was about the 5th guest on stage. He got a good reception and sang Feeling Good so brilliantly, I do love hearing him sing this song and I see from tweets many others do too. He also got quite a few wolf whistles . He wore his tux suit with the satin bands down the side of the trousers and a white shirt. He came on again later and sang 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' which again was lovely.

Other guests were John Sargeant who gave a short Dickens reading, Anne Reid sang!, there was Margaret Keys, a soprano from Ireland, Tom Lister (he used to be the younger King brother in Em****ale) who also sang, plus Cantabile -a London Quartet (must admit I'd never heard of them before). Also there were two choirs, Sydenham Girls High School and then a Disney choir singing songs from Disney films. This choir comprised about 40/50 singers. All these performances were inters*****d by us the audience singing carols, fortunately all the words were in the programme .

During the evening we were told there would be a surprise, after a while Nick Grimshaw came on followed by a film crew. He then introduced one of the Finalists for this year's XFactor Final (Che), who sang the song he'll apparently be singing on this week's final (sorry can't remember what it was called!). Nick said that each contestant has to do 3 'projects' during the week and this was one of Che's, so if any of you are into XFactor (I'm not) you'll see the film on TV this Saturday made at the RAH. The Charity will also get some publicity out of it.

For the finale everyone came on stage and when they sang White Christmas loads of white glitter strips came falling down from the ceiling, it looked very pretty. Perhaps we'll have to get Lee to do that next year if he does a Christmas concert, save him spending out on a snow machine and more reliable .

There's an article in the Daily Mail about the event (well, it's more of a 'look at these people who attended this event' - it wouldn't be the Daily Mail if they weren't obsessing over some random woman from TOWIE wearing a dress* that looks like it's coming apart at the seams! ) :-

LINKY THING

I love Lee's expression in that pic of him - he looks a bit sheepish!

*That dress was £235! Imagine paying over £200 for a dress that looks like a thermal vest with a rip in it!

ETA: Thanks for that review, AnnieB!

I've been watching X-Factor - it's all been a bit weird this year with fewer live shows and loads of double evictions. I'll keep an eye out for Che's RAH VT!

Well, I must have fallen asleep when Lauren Pope came on , don't remember her or what she did

Given the way the Daily Mail have wittered on about her in the article, you'd think she was the headline performer! Maybe if Lee had turned up wearing a ripped thermal vest and done b*gger all, he'd have been the main focus of the article!

Thank you for your brilliant review Annie. You summed up the evening beautifully
It was lovely to see you and a few other familiar Lee fans there.
Since I rushed there straight from work and couldn’t get anything to eat once I got there #crowdedcafe.
I am very grateful to the friend that gave me her last couple of squares of chocolate.
I had a cheap seat in the choir section. Those seats are fantastic value for money. I was sat with a lot of parents who had children in the choir
The whole evening had a warm Christmassy feel to it.
It kicked off with the audience singing a carol. “While shepherds watched their flocks”. The compare/conductor was very entertaining and interacted well with the audience.
I was touched with the short speech that Arlene Phillips gave. Telling us about her mum having leukaemia when she was a teenager and the illness was still new and no treatment was available.
When Lee came onto the stage I swear the temperature raised by a few degrees.
His voice soared and filled the RAH. He sang Feeling Good and he certainly looked good.
After his performance the choir mistress said how do I follow that? Thanks Lee Mead.
I loved the “Disney choir” and Cantabile. There was also a brand new carol,called Ring Out the Bells that had been written for the show.
To give you an idea of my view I took a few photo’s.

photo Blodwise1.jpg

photo Bloodwise2.jpg

photo Bloodwise3.jpg

photo bloodwise4.jpg

photo bloodwise5.jpg

Enjoy the ROTY views

Holy crap.

Perhaps Lee needs to add a few rows behind the stage in his concert venues. Just a thought.

Great photos. Thanks for the linky thing A Liz - they are stonking pics. I would love to hear him sing at the Albert Hall, his voice must sound incredible in that space, and with a full orchestra.
Haha Lin, I agree. I love his back view almost as much as his front, such an expressive back

I watched the X-Factor final and there was a clip of contestant Che Chesterman singing at the Bloodwise concert (but no glimpses of any of the other performers).

Incidentally, I disliked the eventual winner - a shouty teenager who had no idea what she was singing about and no concept of light and shade. Sadly, if no-one takes her in hand and gets her some decent vocal coaching, I can see her voice being wrecked by this time next year.

Watching the XF final makes me appreciate Lee's talent even more!

That clip of Che Chesterman was taken at the start of the 2nd half of the show.
It had to be filmed at that moment because the children's choir had to be off the stage while filming.
The 3 young girls in front of me were hanging over the balcony shouting & cheering for Che and they were thrilled when he waved at them.
Saying that they also got a wave from Lee in the second half.
Just as he was leaving the stage he looked up at them and waved.
They melted and the rest of the night was all about Lee