​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Enchanged Evening, Yeovil October 25th

I always find it so annoying when someone says, "That was the best concert so far!" Well now it's my turn to be annoying, it was AMAZING! The best for me so far anyway!

From beginning to end Lee was on fire! Happy, relaxed, dancey and sooo funny but most of all happy. He's really at the top of his game right now! I don't know why he was so relaxed last night but whatever it was I want to see it again! I think he's made a few important decisions recently which have all now surfaced which has to be a weight off. (He announced this on stage so I don't think I'm breeching any confidences by putting it here) He confirmed that he leaves Casualty in 4 weeks, his choice. They offered him a third year but he wanted to get back on stage again as he was missing it to much and loves it so dearly. He might go back after a year but we'll have to wait to find out on that one. He was also offered the whole run of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang but for his personal reasons he decided that he could only do the middle group and he can commute to three of the venues so it's not too bad for him. He's moving back to Southend, a 'house by the sea' to be closer to his parents. He seemed very happy about that.

He said that his shows are very important to him, more than any tour or TV role, and he's loved doing them.

He's looking forward to the dancing in Chitty!!! He's very light footed these days. Not only treating us to a lovely tap dance routine after SITR, moving from one side of the (wide) stage to the other, but also a little Strictly routine with Amanda which was absolutely brilliant. They have so much fun together. She sta*** on stage while he sang one of the songs and sat on the piano stool to watch him which I thought was a lovely touch.

His voice is perfection at the moment! He sang BHH last night instead of All of Me which was lovely to hear again.
Quite near the end he came on in a yellow hard hat clutching a soft aeroplane toy which he had found in the props room!! It reminded of the doctors coat moment at Hayes. It was very funny to see. Then he threw the hat off to the side of the stage and kneed the plane (I think) it was funny anyway!

It was lovely to see him at the SD, I did manage to grab a few words with him this time. There was a lady and her son there who had come from Melbourne. Lee was quite taken aback when they told him (he had asked where they travelled from) and it took him a minute to realise! I know lots of us travel from far flung places of the world (including NZ) but this lady was somebody who had never seen him before. What a lovely moment for her.

He was wearing his long black coat, brown suede shoes and a rather tempting dark shirt (tempting because the buttons were poppers, I'll say no more).
He spent some lovely time with a few fans who see him occasionally and was very happy to stay for as long as needed. When he left he walked off down the road with Amanda and a couple of friends from the Casualty set who had been there for the concert.

I have to say that it was a crazy day. I had a (nearly) 4 hr journey as my aged sat nav had not forseen the huge road closure on the roundabout just before the road to the theatre. I was then thrust onto unfamiliar roads with the sat nav just telling me to turn around. I stopped three times to take advice. There was some very helpful ladies in a nearby petrol station who were so kind as I was on the brink of despair when I went in to pay for my fuel. So thank you to them if they read this(but I doubt they will). Thank also to a very kind friend who phoned me to check that I was OK after having read my tweets, love ya xx I managed a small glass of wine with my meal to calm me down and then Lee did the rest of my de-stressing!!!
Another helpful friend helped me with the Google maps sat nav for my journey home which was very helpful and took me 2.5 hrs. I got home just before midnight. A long day, a stressful day but a wonderful one and I'm so glad I braved it!

I can't wait to see what Lee and Steve have planned for us this weekend! It's going to be good so grab the last few seats if there are any left!

Re: Some Enchanged Evening, Yeovil October 25th

Oh I see that I said happy twice.....well I don't think that is too many times. I'll say it again, he was very HAPPY

Great review, Jazzy!

Sounds like a fab concert. Good to hear that he was so happy and relaxed.

Thanks Jazzy for great review I am so grateful for the little bits of news about Lee as you know I can't get to the concerts so I wouldn't know about the little house by the sea I am so pleased about that Betsy will love it when she is there for weekend glad he is happy and concert sounded great glad everyone enjo*** it I am sad he is leaving Casualty my only chance to see him but happy for him if that is what he wants.
Thanks again Jazzy .
All the best acer xx

Thanks for that lovely review Jazz
As Acer said reading reviews is a lifeline for fans that can't get to concerts.
Yeovil sounds like the cream of the concert crop.
So pleased that Lee is happy and loosening up a bit.

How lovely for that new fan to be able to have a word with him at the stage door.
You never forget your first time do you
If she reads this forum I would love a first timers review

Sorry that your journey was so awful. I saw a few tweets about traffic problems around Stonehenge and wondered if any fans had got caught up in it.

Thanks jazzy for the great review, and loving the details.
It was great to hear someone from Melbourne was there, Yay!!
It would be nice to hear your experience of the night.

Thank you so much Jazzy for your brilliant review, reviews are so
much appreciated by us fans who cannot get to Lee's concerts as much
as we would like to.

There a some lovely photos of Lee posted by @abs2222 on her twitter page
today.

I think Jazzy has said it all. The Yeovil concert had stunning singing, laughs a plenty and Lee seems to be adding a little more dancing each time. Lee was chatting away at the stage door and seemed very relaxed as indeed he was onstage too.

I loved the coat he was wearing.
You might like some pics. (zoomed and cropped)

photo SDC11891_1.jpg

photo SDC11887.jpg

photo SDC11889.jpg

photo SDC11886.jpg

Love the review and photos - thank you so much, Jazz and Cassie!

Ooh, nice photos (especially the last one)!

Glad you liked it. I'm sure there is lots more to add.

I remember that Lee said he loved Amanda like the sister he never had

This pic is not so much about Lee but the car behind
Yeovil photo SAM_5555 - Copy_zpsyls5xvol.jpg

OK, who drew that on the car?

Don't think it was any of us, we are all always on our best behaviour! Funny though

His hands on the last pic Cassie gave me palpitations and very naughty thoughts.

I wonder who drew that on the car? well spotted & thanks for posting.

I love reading all your reviews and seeing your pics.

Thank you, Jazzy, for your lovely long review - I can't add a thing to that, and can only agree that, yes, definitely his best concert so far in the Some Enchanted Evening tour. I heard several comments around the theatre from Lee's "regulars" , all saying the same thing.

Oh, Louise has gone back to 7ft 2ins, but schoolboy Lee has now aged from 12 to 13!

I did jokingly say to him at the Stage Door that he would have to dance in Chitty (as he's always saying he can't dance, although we know he can). He gave me a look and said, "Thanks for that!"

I believe nearly everyone who drove to Yeovil had horrendous journeys due to the diversions. For once, our train journey was completely without incident, so nothing to report on that score.

Jazzy & Cassie, thank you for the photos, too. Good spot re the writing on the car, I didn't notice that at all!

There's a review up on the Timeline, complete with photo taken at curtain call. Blimey, those trousers are a snug fit!

Thanks Jazzy for your great review and Cassie for the stunning photos. I love the last one too with that downward look and gorgeous eyelashes.

Yes, I am another saying it was the best Enchated Evening so far, I'm still in a rosy glow it was wonderful hearing him sing Bring Him Home again. The long and difficult journeys were all worth it with such a special evening.

Well I was concerned to post my pic because of Lee's wishes not to be photographed but as this is not a performance as such and it was not taken with a flash plus as it's not the first to surface, here's mine!

Good suit!
 photo SAM_5571_zpssyn7cyxr.jpg

p.s. Lin if you want to use this in the main website and you think its acceptable to do so then please do. I can't see the harm as others have done the same already. Please credit me as Jazzylou xx

I keep forgetting to say, lovely photos Cassie!

Thank you, Jazz - we had the same concerns but since the Timeline posted their photo, we would love to use this one on the home page article. Thank you very much. x o

Thanks for the article and photos, they mean a lot at the moment as I'm reluctantly cancelling my visit to a couple of the shows because my balance is getting worse, my GP is only interested in my blood pressure, and it's a nightmare changing trains now. I will hopefully be there this weekend as it's a through train with no changes. We shall see.

Thanks Jazzy for posting the curtain call photo.
It is a fine line between respecting Lee's wishes and sharing with fans that can't get to shows. I know that reviews and pic,s mean a lot.

Tanith I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.
I hope that you feel loads better by the weekend.
Although seeing Lee could make your blood pressure shoot up again

Sorry to hear that, Tanith. I hope you can get your doctor to properly investigate the cause of your balance problems.

As always, many thanks for the reviews and photos!

Encouraging to hear that Lee is in very fine form at the moment with my one and only Lee concert this year (in Winchester) approaching

Thanks Jo, if things haven't improved in a couple of weeks I'm going to make another appointment.

Thanks for the great reviews and photos.
Gutted that I missed seeing what sounds like a real humdinger of a concert, but really looking forward to the Pheasantry and the next three concerts - hoping that he remains on tip top form, which I am sure he will.