​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee Q&A Inside Soap

With thanks to the Timeline - here's a Q&A with Lee from this week's Inside Soap mag:-

LINKY THING

I agree about a musical ep of Casualty - though it might work as a short thing for Children In Need. They have at least four decent musical theatre singers (Lee, Amanda, Crystal Yu and Alister Brammer) in the cast.

Lee in Strictly would be fab!

Loving the main photo - is that a recent one?

Re: Lee Q&A Inside Soap

Great article. I may be wrong, Jo, but I think the photo hails from around the time of West End Men at the Vaudeville in London - as that's when Lee had short(er) hair! It certainly isn't recent, as his hair is down in his eyes at the moment!

Now I hate the idea of Lee in Strictly. I do watch the programme, but it seems to be so much to do with people trying to relaunch their careers - and I can just imagine the comments he would get in certain quarters. Mind you, I have to say I wouldn't mind a glimpse of him strutting his stuff in the Paso Doble!

Enjo*** the interview.

I agree with A/Liz that the photo looks to be around the WEM run in the West End.

I think his fans are going to be divided on the Strictly debate and I can see both sides of the argument but for me, I'd love to see him do it. My reasons are that it would raise his profile again and the public could fall in love with him all over again. I think Strictly has the right target audience (re age bracket) and quite a few are ladies I would imagine. I'd love to know what percentage! The ladies vote for the men they like and I think Lee is still young (and fit) enough to really pull it off (think Jake Wood!).

I understand the 'hasbeen' comments but the celebs on there come from all areas of media and not all of them have been high profile in the things that they have done.

With all that said, I think he would be brilliant and do an amazing job! And he'd have fun with it too. I would be so excited if it was ever announced. It's prime time Saturday night TV. The best time to be seen. I'm sure it would boost his concerts and followers too.

Lovely interview.

That photo was taken at the Press Night for WEM. Lee had been quite
ill with a virus and lost his voice, although he didn't miss any shows
as far as I can remember, also the reason for the weight loss and the personal
things going on in his life at the time, I should imagine.

I was at that show that was the last time I have seen Lee in concert and it will most likely be the last time I will ever see him in concert.
Yes maggie may Lee was ill at that time, he didn't sing all the songs that he would have if he was well and of course he had all the personal trouble to contend with he did lose weight.

Thanks for the info on the photo, ladies.

I think 'Strictly' tends to attract celebs who have a 'day job'. Jake Wood was still filming 'Eastenders' when he was in the last series, Kellie Bright is also filming 'Eastenders' while appearing in this series. Helen Wood is doing this series while filming 'Call The Midwife'. There's also Jeremy Vine (TV presenter), Anita Rani ('Countryfile' presenter) and Katie Derham (TV and radio presenter). So there don't tend to be the type of 'hasbeens' that you get in other reality TV shows - perhaps because 'Strictly' is a show where you really have to put work in to do well.

Whilst I'd love Lee to do 'Strictly', it would be like ADWD again, waiting for the results! Blimey, that was stressful!