​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Album Launch at the Pheasantry

Wishing everyone heading to The Pheasantry for the album launch gigs over the weekend a fabulous time! I'm sure Lee (and his surprise special guests) will be in great form

Please give Lee an extra cheer from me since I can't make it - but I'm looking forward to hearing all about it

Re: Album Launch at the Pheasantry

Lee tweeted this morning:

Really excited for album launch and first night back at @pizzapheasantry .Two special guests and one I never thought I'd get to sing with :)

Wonder who???

Well, I'm excited!

So am I!

Love this pic tweeted by Keith before Saturday's show:

https://twitter.com/keithjack/status/706201417007177729

Love it!

As you can imagine, I have not recovered fully from such a truly amazing weekend. I promise to do a better review when I get back home (leaving tomorrow). In the meantime, I was able to take a few (non-flash) photos which I have shared on the home page. Here are a few more:

photo LeeMead-Pheasantrylin1_zps0pkvceq5.jpg

photo LeeMead-Pheasantrylin4_zpspqnpoi1x.jpg

photo LeeMead-Pheasantrylin5_zpsgyspqp5z.jpg

photo LeeMead-Pheasantrylin8_zpskc30uiee.jpg

I hope we hear from others who were there - it certainly was magical, wasn't it?

here is some more pics. taken by Lily Streames dad
it seems that the lady on the right is the daughter of one of the Beverly Sisters

photo lilyS1.jpg

photo lilyS2.jpg

Thanks for the photos ladies!

From comments on Twitter and the Official FB page, it sounds as though a good weekend was had by all involved. Looking forward to hearing more - did Lee have any new numbers, how were the duets with the special guests, and any interesting new tidbits from Lee between songs?

Smiles nicely

Now that my Meady companion is winging her way back to LA I will try to write a pheasantry review.
My mind is in a bit of a blur since we made the most of her visit and consumed a lot of pizza/pasta.
We arrived at the phaesantry late afternoon.
We met up with Sunnytmead and very soon other fans arrived & joined us.
Lee’s agent Wendy was there asking us about the “cushion raffle” ( we had the cushion with us) She told us that Lee is very proud of all his fans that had donated & bought tickets.
Anyway I digress. Soon the usual queuing on the stairs began.
This always confuses people. Some of them thinking that it’s the queue for the loo.
The time passes by quickly when you are excited & catching up with people that you haven’t seen in ages.
The doors opened & we were shown to our seats front of stage. OMG so close to Lee’s music stand & mic.. We ate drank & chatted and then the trio of musicians took to the stage. Will Mason & John with his violin/fiddle.
Then the announcement “welcome to the stage Lee Mead”.
The place erupted with cheers & whoops as Lee made his way through to tables to the stage.
Dressed in his blue 3 piece suit the music started & he started to sing “Where or When” #faint.
He starts off that song like he is singing in your ear and ends on a high note crescendo
He sang a lovely mix of songs from his new album and some old favourites like “All of Me” & Fix You”.
There was a wonderful hilarious moment in the first half when he told us when he was 15 he play ** the part of Danny Zuco in Grease and then he turned up his collar and sang “Sandy”
He also did Take That’s “Take you back”
It was lovely to see playful happy boyish Lee on stage .

Lee’s guest’s on Friday night were Stephen R Hughes & Marti Webb.

Lee & Marti did the duet of forget your troubles/ happy days
Then she sang Tell me on a Sunday. She demonstrated such tenderness & emotion it bought a lump to my throat. Then Lee came back on stage and told us the reason why Billy Joel wrote “Lullabye” and as Lee sang it I had to hold back the tears.

Lee & Stephen bounce off each other well and it is always good to see them together. On Saturday night the dueted “Don’t rain on my Parade” whooo they were amazing and brought the house down.

I am sure that other people there have their own memories and I would love to read other peoples take on the shows.
Until then I will try to collect my thoughts to write about Saturday & Sunday.

Lovely review. Thanks Joan.

Thank you so much Joan.

Thanks Joan for great review is Lullaby what Lee sings to Betsy I wish he had put it on his album I have heard it once and loved it but it doesn't seem to be anywhere so I can hear it again with Lee singing it,hope we get some more reviews for those who couldn't go glad you all enjo*** the concert.
Cheers acer xx
(Still haven't got my email)

Acer, I mentioned to Lee how much I love 'Lullaby' - but of course it does not fit in with the theme of this particular cd (MGM movie musicals). I told him I hope he has a chance to record it at some point and he said he hopes to do that.

I will definitely do a review a bit later (and share some goodies). Today I am back at work, jet-lag and all.

But it was a truly magical weekend. Every show was sublime and fun - I agree with Joan that it was great to see Lee have fun with some of the songs. He is so much more confident onstage these days - it just adds to the enjoyment of what he does.

And catching up with other Lee-fans - and meeting ones I had not met before - was just the best!

Where to start.... 4 wonderful gigs, each a bit different, same songs but every time Lee's interpretation brings something memorable and exciting to each one. His voice, at the moment, is so rich and powerful, yet gentle and with such awesome control when required, that it is difficult to find words to describe it.

I was lucky enough to get to all the concerts, my children were very understanding that I was not going to be at home on Mothering Sunday, so I was treated in advance. Lee appeared very nervous on Friday evening, but soon relaxed, and there were no signs of nerves on the other nights.

My favourite is Feeling Good, but I have now warmed to all the other songs. He included Lullabye, All of Me, and Fix You. He is always so moved when he sings Lullabye (as we all are), thinking of Betsy, and when he sang it immediately after Marti Webb's Tell me on a Sunday, it was obvious that it had a powerful effect on him.

As Joan said, he included a fun performance of Sandy from Grease, which was hilarious, demonstrating a range of American accents We all agreed he needs to be wearing a leather jacket for this. I do hope he keeps this in for the rest of the tour.

The guests and the band were all really good, in particular, Amanda Henderson, Landi??(The Empress in Aladdin), Stephen RH, Marti Webb, and Lily Streames? (from Southend). Keith Jack sang one song on the Saturday evening, it is nice that they are still friends.

Apart from Mason and Will, there was a new band member, John Pearce on fiddle, a lovely guy, so friendly and he obviously adores performing

He mentioned Casualty of course, and hinted, but nothing definite about Lofty returning. Also, from something he said, panto is on the cards again and he referred to something "big", we think in relation to the panto. We wait with baited breath.

Lastly, a few little asides from Lee that I remember, that had him blushing and giggling, and the audience laughing....

Whilst holding the Tshirt as he drew the winning raffle ticket, he giggled and said the winner could "rest their head on his chest" , then he went red and said he was embarrassed.

The mysterious "Louise", and the story he tells about her taking him to the park for his first snog when she was 16 and he 13, just prior to him singing I Fall in Love too Easily, she varied in height again from 7' to 7'2". He kept standing on tip toe, lifting his head and puckering his lips during the instrumental in this song, and at the end he said he "wasn't a very good kisser .... then .... but I'm better now" cue much laughter from the audience and giggles, head shaking and red cheeks from Lee.

There are probably more highlights which, hopefully, other people will add.

Lovely review, Ruthie!

Thanks Ruthie for lovely review and all the little things Lee mentioned in his chat I love to know what he says in these chats because you miss so much when you can't go it is not that I am nosy and want to gossip it is just that I think so much of Lee and I love to know what he says thanks again
Cheers acer xx

Great review, Ruthie!

We have some goodies on the Meadaholics youtube channel, if anyone is interested.

MeadaholicsYouTube

Thanks Ruthie and to all who have posted reviews and photos, so very much
appreciated.

Thank you Linda for the youtube link of Lee at the Pheasantry. I have
just watched them, how amazing is Lee. Thank you X

Thanks for those!

'Sandy' is priceless!

I love the little John Travolta bit, spot on.

And we have just posted another wonderfully written review by Jane W of the entire weekend!

Link is on the home page. A few photos as well . . . .

Thanks Ladies for all your lovely reviews on the Forum and to JaneW for her great review on the 'front page'. I can't add anything to what was a brilliant 4 show weekend. Regarding the queuing on the stairs (it's often not a case of 'first come first served', but I'll leave it there!) someone asked one of the Waitresses whether these queues happen for other performers (in which case maybe The Pheasantry should change the system) but she said apart from one girl that peforms there who has acquired a small fan group, no-one else queues for hours like Lee fans (they probably think we're completely mad ), still it's good business for them.

I'll try and do a review for Western Super Mare over the weekend.

Just like to thank everyone who posted a review just great do appreciate it
Cheers acer xx

As always, thanks to everyone who posted photos, reviews and Youtube links from the Pheasantry - your efforts are much appreciated!

Also looking forward to your review of Thursday night's concert AnnieB - from Twitter, it seems that 'By Myself' made its live debut which makes me very happy as it is one of my favourite tracks on the album. I hope it survives in the set-list until I can hear it for myself in October

Thank you Linda and Team for putting the rest of the videos up from
The Pheasantry on the Meadaholics YouTube link.

Absolutely amazing, also lovely to hear Lee sing "Lullaby" again although
it had me in tears. Such emotion from Lee, he really is superb.

I don't think I can add anything to the reviews above - especially JaneW's! Thank you, too, to all concerned for the photos and vids - just wonderful!

The seating system does leave much to be desired, though, when you've stood on the stairs for over two hours (I know that was nothing compared to some!) and then get shunted to the back of the balcony just because there are three of you. It was very frustrating seeing people who were way behind us in the queue getting prime seats because they were a two or a four, as opposed to a three. Anyway, gripe over, once Lee hit the stage all that was (almost) forgotten.

I do love the intimacy of the Pheasantry, though, settling down, ordering our food and drinks, and marvelling at the tiny stage that Lee will be gracing shortly. I know that the next time he announces a gig there, I will be getting tickets and going through the entire palaver again - sore back and old knees permitting!

Thank you so much who ever posted Lullaby on you tube thrilled to hear it again much appreciated
Thank you acer xx