​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Enchanted Evening - Kettering

Kettering. Well, we arrived. We took a taxi to the Prem Inn. We took a taxi to the venue and took a taxi (finally) back to the hotel - oh, and a taxi to the station the next morning.

That's putting it briefly. A couple of us did stop off at the champagne bar in St Pancras to put us in a suitably festive mood!

Oh, was there a concert somewhere in the middle? Oh yes. Mr Mead disappoint (does he ever?). The band line up was the same as Weston SM. However, there were a few changes to the set list this time, and Lee's guest was Landi ("Blades of Doom" - poor lady, she will be saddled with that title from now on!) from the panto.

Ssdly, Lee dropped 'Sandy' (poor girl ), but to our delight 'Anthem' was back (one of my all time favourites), plus 'Better', which was a bit of a surprise. He and Landi duetted 'Almost Like Being in Love' - I say duetted, but Lee forgot, and briefly left Landi on stage on her own - it was very funny! 'By Myself' was amazing, although not quite as stunning as in its debut at WSM. I so hope this is a permanent fixture in the set list, so that everyone gets the change to see/hear Lee's version.

It was very nice to see a lot of new, very young fans in attendance - presumably they have discovered Lee via Lofty (who, according to Lee on stage is now "deceased!!!!" . At the stage door, there were several girls beside themselves with excitement, running round in circles and squealing when Lee appeared. I think there is evidence of some of this on Twitter! Lee was lovely with them, of course. Well, he is lovely with everyone, isn't he? I think about 12 of his 'regulars' were there, so he wasn't left to fend on his own!

Oh - What was Kettering itself like? Absolutely no idea!

Re: Some Enchanted Evening - Kettering

Thanks for the lovely review, ALiz! It did appear from twitter that there were a fair number of new *younger* fans at Kettering - one in particular was head over heels. No idea what that is like.

Thanks A/Liz!

I'm loving the idea of all the new young fans.

Thanks ALiz, it's always fun to read about your Lee-related expeditions!

I'm pleased that 'By Myself' has held its place in the set-list - hopefully 'Sandy' will make a return at some point as I'd like to hear that one too.

Nice that Lee is expanding his fan-base - hopefully CCBB will bring in more new recruits.

And I was just wondering if the CD was on sale at Kettering - perhaps this only happens when Eclipse is able to attend?

Hoping there will be some reviews of the Poole concert after the Easter
Weekend, would be lovely to hear how it went.