​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some Enchanted Evening - Poole

Sadly I wasn't at the concert on Wednesday night myself but here is a nice review from the local press:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/leisure/reviews/14385227.REVIEW__Lee_Mead__Lighthouse__Poole/

"Based on this solo show, Mead will be on our radar for many years to come."

This seems to be the same journalist who posted a very good review of the album.

Re: Some Enchanted Evening - Poole

Ro has now posted her reviews of all Lee's 3 concerts on her Lee Mead Timeline
page. Thank you Ro.

Our band of three arrived in Poole in a state of great excitement - so great that, as soon as she checked into her hotel room, one of us promptly pulled down the curtain rail on top of her head on trying to get a glimpse of the sea. Another of us (you note I'm not naming names to protect the innocent) had problems with her plumbing and had to get the proverbial man in the next day - I hasten to add the plumbing problem was with her room, not herself!

Not a lot to add after Kettering, really. Lee was in fine voice, but as soon as he spoke it was apparent he was suffering from a cold. However, apart from a few husky/rough notes, he was spot on, and a first timer would never have known. He did treat us to a few moves of his 'Ol Bamboo' from Chitty - whoo hoo! I'm no co re ographer (trying to outwit Mr Bravenet here) and have no idea what the jump is called, but it was a side jump, both feet off the ground, and at that point he had had precisely one day of rehearsals! For those of you following the Louise saga, YAY! she was 7ft 4ins this week!!! Lee's guest was 'Blades of Doom' Landi once more. This time Lee did NOT walk off before the duet! Sadly, on this occasion for some reason he missed out Lullaby, which has become a firm favourite with me, but hopefully it will resurface in October. The audience was more sedate than at Kettering, in that there were no hoards of squealing girlies outside, but some younger fans managed to get photos with Lee after the show.

After a diversion to find the Stage Door (a 'local' sent us off in the opposite direction around the theatre), we saw that Lee was already out. Fans had formed an orderly queue (!), but Lee didn't stay out long (the effects of his cold, or called away for something?). Anyway, we didn't pursue him, just loitered on the pavement and waved him off when his car drew away (he and Landi had a driver taking them somewhere, even though they came come down on the train together).

The next morning, after breakfast (please don't read on if you have a squeamish disposition) we returned to our rooms to pack and do our pre-departure ablutions etc (if you get my drift), only to find, too late, that the water had been turned off (see above, said man was in). Remember Julian in the panto - "you've been ... you've been ... well, you've been ..." Unfortunately, that was the case, we'd 'been', then to find we had no water ..... I leave the rest to your imagination.

Re-living that 'no water' moment , just as well 2 of us had some water left in the kettle and I won't comment on the net curtains .
Note to myself, always fill up kettle in hotel room in case water gets turned off. .

Good review - Thanks A/Liz!

Thanks Liz and Annie. I love reading about your Meady adventures