​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Theme Will Do - Part 3

I thought I'd make a new 'Any Theme Will Do...' thread, since the other has become very long!

Lee was part of a question on 'Pointless' today:-

LINKY THING

Interesting choice of pic!

Re: Any Theme Will Do - Part 3

Yes I saw it Jo so pleased when his pic came up when he said Joseph I thought oh here we go it will be Donovan Schofield etc but so glad when I saw him I have that pic on the inside of my cupboard door!!

Good idea to make a new 'Any Theme Will Do...' thread
Thanks

Someone's singing 'Feeling Good' on 'Britain's Got Talent' - it just reinforces how talented Lee is! The BGT singer is all about the posing and the crooning, with none of the emotion.

Catching the end of the BGT repeat - Ant & Dec announced that there had been 2.5 million votes in the final. That doesn't seem much, given that there were 3 million votes in the ADWD final! Also, there were only three people to vote for in the ADWD final, whereas there were 12 in BGT, so that makes the number of votes in ADWD even more impressive!

We ADWD viewers were obviously a passionate and determined lot!

Re BGT, I may have imagined it, Jo, but I think Ant/Dec said people only had 16 minutes to vote in the final, in which case that's a pretty good number of voters.

Incidentally, did anyone spot the girl group, Zyrah Rose - the golden girls in one of the semi finals? Those of us who went to the St Pauls Church for the "In Harmony With Your Gut" charity concert last year, would have seen them when they performed under the name of Zyrah. They blew me away that night, fabulous voices and performance, so it was great to see them on prime time TV, even if they didn't make the final (the least said the better about some that did ).

I seem to have missed an awful lot of tv recently.
I did just catch the last half of BGT and saw the young chap singing "Feeling Good"
Liz I didn't see Zyrah but I certainly remember them at the Harmony With Your Gut" charity concert last year. They were fabulous.

I'm just watching the Yorkshire Vet do***entary series on Channel 5 - one of the vets is treating a horse called Lofty!

Oh dear - an article from someone who is less than impressed by the cast of this year's Birmingham panto.

LINKY THING

It does seem odd to have Barrowman playing Dick Whittington. I wonder why he isn't in the Palladium panto cast?

All I'm saying is thank goodness JB ISN'T in the Palladium panto. Plus The Krankies - my worst nightmare!

Gary Barlow is doing a BBC Casting Show for his new Take That musical!

LINKY THING

I wonder if any of the ADWD boys will audition? I can imagine Lewis or Ben giving it a go.

It will be interesting to watch, but I'll miss ALW - his strange facial expressions and odd comments were a joy to behold! Though he also spoke a lot of sense, inbetween the eccentricity.

I'd like to see Lee on the judging panel!

Graham Norton needs to be the host - he knows how to cut through the pretentiousness of the TV Casting show, while being a good (and funny) presenter!

Loving this response to the news of the casting show from the Associate C****ographer on Chitty:-

Joanna Goodwin ‏@JoGoodwin87 · 49m49 minutes ago

Joanna Goodwin Retweeted West End Frame

@leemeadofficial you could be Robbie? 😂

Another article on the Take That casting show - provisionally titled 'Let It Shine':-

LINKY THING

So Graham will be co-hosting, with Mel Giedroyc. I wonder why there are two hosts? Graham managed fine on his own for the ALW casting shows.

Lee's tweeted that there will be no Christmas concert this year. Hardly surprising, given that his panto will be starting earlier this year than previous years, so he'll either be rehearsing for panto or in panto during December. He did hint that there may be a Summer concert next year. I'm assuming that's the ADWD anniversary one that he's trying to get off the ground. I hope it happens.

In other news, I saw a 'contestant appeal' trailer for the new Take That casting show on BBC1 this morning. It reminded me of the 'Could You Be Joseph?' trailers that appeared before ADWD (and which a certain curly haired Adonis saw one afternoon, and thought "Yes I could!" ).

Lee tweeted this today:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 2h2 hours ago

Nice little work announcement coming on here tomorrow :)

I wonder what it is?

Interesting! Sounds as though it is a 'one-of' type of event.

There's a possibility that it could be the concert with Stephen Rahman Hughes that they've been trying to arrange - but it's probably something else entirely!

I think it's too soon for any arrangements to be made for the ADWD anniversary concert Lee would like to do next year.

There's a BBC TV adaptation of Les Miserables (the novel) in the works:-

LINKY THING

If it's anything like previous BBC adapations of classic novels, at least one of the male cast members will be the 'heartthrob' (who the Daily Fail will go gaga over, publishing numerous photos of him in a state of undress! ).

I'd love to see Lee in this!

Lee's friend Danny Mac (he was understudy Boq when Lee was in 'Wicked') has signed up for 'Strictly'. I wonder if Lee will be in the audience at any point?

Ahead of Saturday's 30th Anniversary ep, What's On TV have published an article on those people who have left the show during series 30:-

LINKY THING

Interesting mention of the possibility of Lofty returning in series 31.

Also, love the little mention (in the bit about receptionist Jack) of the spray tanning scene!

The judges have been announced for the Gary Barlow TV casting show:-

LINKY THING

Not a bad line-up, actually. Though if Gary is going to be assuming the ALW role, I'd have thought they'd need another judge (or possibly two) alongside Martin and Dannii. As it's a show looking for people to appear in a musical, I think a Vocal Coach on the panel would be a good idea. Zoe T had her faults, but she did (mostly) know what she was talking about and was able to work during the week with the contestants on the things she raised in the judging comments.

It's a shame that they don't seem to be using any of the TV casting show successes. I'm sure that Lee could give some wise advice on dealing with being on one of these shows, and the aftermath.

I think that Lee maybe busy
But I think that Connie Fisher would be great
She established the Connie Fisher Academy, which trains aspiring performers in musical theatre. so has experience on and off stage.

I do agree Lee would be great if he has the time but I have noticed that all these shows pick rubbish judges who know nothing about what they are judging I remember LEE saying a while back he had offered to be a judge on one of the shows and they didn't want to know and he would have been great can't remember the show but I bet someone will know.
acer

It was 'Superstar' (the search for someone to play Jesus in JCS).

Actually, I thought the judging panels on the BBC shows ('Superstar' was on ITV) were OK. HDYSAPLM had John Barrowman (performer), David Ian (producer) and Zoe Tyler (vocal coach). ADWD had Barrowman and Zoe Tyler along with DvO (another performer) and Bill Kenwright (producer).

Things went downhill a bit with IDA, when Zoe was dropped (big mistake in my opinion) and had Barrowman, DvO and Barry Humphries, with Cameron Mackintosh joining the panel in the semi-final/final. They really should have tried to Ron Moody, or an actress who'd pla*** Nancy instead of Humphries, who reminded me of a giant toad!

The OTR panel were three performers (John Partridge, Sheila Han**** and CHarlotte Church), which I think was a bit unbalanced, but OK, if lacking the chemistry of previous panels.

I see the FB page has another teaser for us:

We may have some 'quite interesting' news about Lee for you before too long..but you know how we like to keep you guessing!! :)

The FB page's news usually tends to relate to concerts (not surprising since it is run by Lee's music agent) but this sounds as though it could be something different?

I know I'm hoping to hear more definite news before the end of the year about the ADWD 10-year anniversary concert Lee is hoping to do - fingers crossed

I wondered whether it was something to do with CIN or maybe involvement in the Take That casting show? Or maybe the Strictly Christmas show? I look forward to finding out what the news is.

I know this is a long shot as it is a few years ago now but has anyone got a video of Lee in the West End Men singing You will never walk alone I did have it but having changed my pc a couple of times have lost it I can't remember which Theatre it was at but I remember it wasn't a very big one but I don't suppose that will help but would be so grateful if anyone has it.
Cheers
acer xx

It would seem that a new (touring) Joseph soundtrack album is coming out this month, with Joe McElderry as Joseph:-

LINKY THING>

I'm still slightly miffed that Lee and the 2007 WE cast never got a recording!

I am more than miffed they missed the boat with Lee and I won't be getting this album

This is the touring production which I think is controlled by Bill Kenwright
Productions so nothing to do with the West End Really Useful Group.

Mind you seeing Keith Jack toured as Joseph for 2 years I wonder why
the Bill Kenwright Production team have chosen to do a recording with
this current production.

I've just been reading a discussion on a theatre forum - apparently, ALW wants Liam Payne (from boyband One Direction) to play Joseph 'when it returns to the WE later this year'!

He really seems to love casting pop star types as Joseph. What's ironic is that on the one occasion that he allowed the public to 'cast' the role, they chose someone who wasn't a bland pop star type, and who could actually sing and act!

Blimey, I just had a thought - imagine if ALW cast the rest of One Direction as brothers, and Cheryl Thingy-Whatsit as Narrator? I wouldn't put it past him to try!