​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Lee In Panto

Sorry about my review being on the Forum but I did wait until the show was over so it wouldn't contain spoilers.

The nominations for the prestigious theatre awards, the Oliviers, were announced today.

Cinderella has been nominated twice, in "Best Costume" and "Best Entertainment & Family"!

Excellent! Fingers crossed for them.

Just seen on QDOS site that Julian, Paul Zerdin and Nigel have been cast in the Palladium panto but no mention of Lee. Not sure what to make of that; I'm honestly torn between thinking "Oh that's a shame for him" and being relieved because I'm not sure if I could afford London again this year. Anyone else got any views/theories on this? Humour me. I don't get out much and could do with the conversation, LOL!

I saw the announcement. Interesting that Paul Z, Julian and Nigel are back. I suspect they're holding back the announcement of Dick until the final casting announcement (as they did with Cinderella last year). I hope it is Lee!

Call me crazy (or American ) but I just don't get panto.

I do have a sense of humor - honest! Just not that humor.

But I do get that it's a tradition and you all enjoy seeing Lee so I hope we hear soon what panto he will be in this year.

I have a feeling it will be John Barrowman and they just want to announce it separately.

I have a sneaking su****ion that it could be John Barrowman too. One part of me wants Lee to get the Palladium for status, the other part would like him to be more prominent in a less prestigious venue. Time will tell.

Lin, I don't like the slapstick kind of humour that's often seen in pantos either but I snooze through those bits!

In Cinderella I think the most slapstick was the "If I Was Not In Pantomime" number which I had seen in Cardiff. Very funny. Unfortunately they put in Amanda in this number which totally spoiled it for me. IMO she was not funny. Lee was supposed to be there rather than someone unfunny.

I would not call the Wall scene slapstick because of the song but of course it was. That to me was all the slapstick there was in the show.

I think I probably used the wrong word with Slapstick. Nowadays the silliness is still there but it's more a quick-fire routine that needs concentration and speed at the same time. One routine I loathed was the Ugly Sisters' unpleasant 'toilet humour' poem at Cardiff in 2013/14.

The ones that drove me to distraction were the manic acrobats that were in Aladdin. Yes, I know it was a very clever act and all the kids in the audience thought it was hilarious, but I was at screaming point every time, it just went on for ever! The number of times I looked at my watch and thought 'how much longer?'

I admired the precision but wouldn't have minded admiring it for a shorter time!

Lee's doing panto in his home town this year!

LINKY THING

He'll be able to walk to (and from) work!

Qdos Pantomimes‏
Verified account
 @QdosPantomimes 46m
46 minutes ago

Today we're launching another GIANT panto. @SouthendTheatre with @leemeadofficial and @StaceySolomon

LINKY THING

Lee Mead‏
Verified account
 @leemeadofficial 2m
2 minutes ago

It's a long way up ! @SouthendTheatre #JackandtheBeanstalk

LINKY THING

Loving Lee's outfit!

1 2