​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10th Anniversary

I have been thinking about Lee's 10 year anniversary next year. I have a suggestion to mark it. It's just an idea so feel free to say no if you don't like the idea.

You remember the scrapbook we made for his 1 year anniversary? Well how about a similar one for 10 years. We could make a page for each year with highlights from the year and messages/memories from fans. I know many of us have photos taken with Lee, we could include some of these. It could be used as a fundraiser with contributers making a donation to Mushroom.

What do you think?

Re: 10th Anniversary

Brilliant idea. X

Brilliant idea.

I think it's a fabulous idea. The only misgiving I would have is that the forum has a lot less posters now, so would you be able to collect enough contributions?

I did think of that. I thought maybe I could maybe post a message on twitter and facebook for any members to visit the forum. I don't want to advertise the actual project on Twitter as there are some very strange people on there

I could donate the pieces I wrote for Wicked & Legally Blonde if that would help & some Jo stage door pics?

Yes that would be great thank you. I'll let you know details when it's sorted.

ok :)

I think it's a lovely idea to do something to mark 10 years since Lee's ADWD win. I've had a great time watching him in shows and concerts and generally following his career since 2007! I'd be happy to contribute a message for the project. Perhaps it could also include some press articles and/or reviews to mark key shows/events if there is space available?

Yes, thats the idea. Did you see the I year anniversary one? That will give you an idea of how it will look.

As a reminder of the sort of project I'm suggesting or for those who weren't here at the time here is a slideshow of the 1 year scrapbook...

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

That one is just gorgeous.

It's a lovely idea Marg, thank you, the one you did last time was beautiful. Have to put my thinking cap on now as to what to say

That's a great idea MargW. I don't have any decent photographs, but the 3 of us who met through Lee and Joseph (just one of the many friendships that have been formed) have been keeping a journal of our Meady Travels, so I will have a trawl through them and try to come up with some memories. There may be some reviews in back pages of the forum.

When do you want contributions by?

PS. Just thought of one. A personal one, I don't know if it is the sort of thing you're looking for:-

27th October 2010. Whilst anxiously awaiting for the arrival of my 6th grandchild who was due any day, I went to the long arranged matinee of Wicked where Lee was playing Fiyero, of course. I naturally turned my mobile phone off during the show, checked it during the interval - still no news. Eventually turned my phone on while waiting for the bus to take us back to Paddington, and there was the message that my 2nd grandson had been born at about the time Lee was "Dancing through Life". Lovely, memory of an exiting day.

Hi Ruthie, at the moment I am just making lists of the highlights of each year. We have nine months but it is a big job so the sooner we can start the better. Your special memory would be a lovely addition. There is a link further up the thread to the one year anniversary scrapbook if you want to look at it.