​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Josephs Through The Years' Article

With all the talk of Joseph recently, I found this article about the Josephs from Jason Donovan to the latest 'touring Joseph' Joe McElderry.

LINKY THING

That photo of Lee...*THUD* It's so exquisite, it almost looks like a painting!

Re: 'Josephs Through The Years' Article

I wonder why it is they always pick *that* photo of Lee!

I can't think why!

Am I the only one who got excited at just one photo in that group . . . ?

That photo was somewhat special. Thanks for posting it Jo. (Finally.) I've been unable to long in for a few days so am only just thanking you!

I just came across this - apparently, there's a Joseph film in the works!

LINKY THING

Presumably it's an animated film. I'd love to see Lee involved, but knowing ALW, he probably has some boyband bod (or Justin Bieber) in mind!

Blimey, I just read about this gem on a theatre board, and someone supplied a tubular website link - a TV production of Joseph from 1972!

LINKY THING

It's shorter than the production we're used to (performed at breakneck speed and with both 'One More Angel In Heaven' and 'Canaan Days' missing).

The Narrator is a walking 70s cliché, complete with 'Freddie From Scooby Doo'-style cravat!

I don't think the blue loincloth works - Joseph looks like he's wearing a bathroom hand-towel!

Interestingly, ALW is listed as one of the musicians in the end credits. I wondered if it was him on the piano, and it must have been.

Another article about the Joseph movie that's 'in the works' - with a rather nice photo to illustrate it:-

LINKY THING

That loincloth really was tiny!

Apparently, someone in NZ has seen fit to alter some of the lyrics to CED for their production, and it was brought to the attention of Sir Tim Rice!

LINKY THING

The obvious question is "Why?" I checked out a certain curly haired young man singing it on the tubular website* and noticed that there appears to be a whole verse missing from the NZ lyric sheet (the verse that starts "Just give me a number instead of my name...") that's in the Link above!

*For research purposes obviously!

I read this too. Sir Tim is not a happy bunny. Apparently they decided to miss out two of the songs as well (didn't say which ones). Sir Tim said they perform it as written or not at all. I think there have now been apologies all round, and the show reinstated to its original format!

Thanks for the reminder of how it should be done, Jo! Research is very important in these matters.

Who'd have thunk it - continuity problems!

Lee Mead‏ @leemeadofficial 1h
1 hour ago

Been given an extra shave at the end, of the day??

LINKY THING