​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How can we get to the next pages of a large topic please?

Hi, I like the revamped site but have a problem. I was trying to get to the last page of the Holby thread to read Jo's post but the system wouldn't take me beyond page 1. What do I need to do to get the extra pages please?

Re: How can we get to the next pages of a large topic please?

Yes, I found this too, Tanith. It's as if, once you 'turn' a page, all the previous ones are lost forever - so, of course, you can't reply to something further up the thread.

It's the same with all the old threads too. Very frustrating.

Team, what have done to the Forum, it is so frustrating as you cannot now just click onto a post and read them all
as you did before.

I'm glad someone has asked about this. I spent ages trying to work out how to find the subsequent pages!:laughing:

I do like the 'new' format, just not the sudden impossibility of getting past page 1!:laughing:

I have just posted on Word Association Game which is a long thread. I got to the last page by clicking just to the right of the page number, this took me to page 2. I moved the icon a bit further to the right, clicked and it took me to page 5. It was only by looking at the date of the last post of that thread on the index page that I knew I was on the last page. Hope that helps. It is not easy but possible.

Thanks Ruthie! Just tried that on one of the longer threads and it works!:grinning:

Ooh I'll try that, thanks.

Well, isn't this a mess????

We did not do anything - this is all our "friends" at bravenet (host). Not sure what can be done but we will look into it as soon as possible.

:rage:

In the meantime, I have found that if you click on the empty air next to the page number, it will take you to the next page. You can do that until it doesn't progress any further and that will mean you are on the last page of posts (in Holby's case, page 4).

Hopefully we can fix the craziness soon . . . or bravenet will . . . or something . . . :grimacing:

Bravenet works in mysterious ways!

I like all the smilies, though (this one ---> :ambulance: is great for Holby, as are these ---> :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_head_bandage: This one --->:guardsman: is supposed to be a guardsman, but he makes a good Lofty!:laughing:

It worked! Thank you for this!