​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Promo for Lee's 10th anniversary tour

It seems that Lee will be a guest on ITV's Lorraine on Monday (29th January) to talk about his new tour.
We don't have an actual time slot yet.

Let us know if you see any more interviews on radio or tv.
I am sure that there will be more tv and local radio interviews in the pipeline.

Re: Promo for Lee's 10th anniversary tour

I think he's on Michael Ball's show on Radio 2 on Sunday as well. :relaxed:

'With Or Without You' from the album sounds fab!:grin: I love the huskiness and brooding intensity!:heart_eyes: *THUD*

Ooh, Lee's done more Holby eps with Wanda Ventham (who plays Lofty's gran)! Interesting!

Lee used to listen to Michael Ball's albums when he was at college, to help him learn to sing!

Lovely interview! I bet when Lee was at college all those years ago, he never dreamed he'd be chatting with Michael Ball on Radio 2 one day!

I'd love to hear Lee sing 'This Is Me' from 'The Greatest Showman'!

Unless I've read it wrong, I think Lee may be on BBC Radio Lincs from 12.00 noon, according to a tweet from Carla Green, a BBC presenter (presumably on Radio Lincs!). Hope someone can catch this.

I think he's on after 1pm. I have Radio Lincs on now, waiting. They just pla*** 'Golden Brown' by the Stranglers - Lofty's gran's ringtone!:laughing:

Lee mention - and they're playing CED (presumably from the album)! Blimey, that was epic!:astonished: He really gives it depth, emotion and passion! I love the strings - beautiful!:heart_eyes:

Lee talking about deciding to audition for ADWD after seeing the TV ad inviting people to audition. Beat 10,000 to win!:astonished:

Now talking about his first job on the Portsmouth/Bilbao ferry - getting food poisoning from the crew's mess (aka the canteen). Sliding across the stage on his bum when the sea was rough!:laughing:

Summer season in Bridlington - biggest attendance was 47!:laughing:

Meeting Ken Dodd.:relaxed:

Lee would love to be still gigging at the age of 90!:grin:

Talking about auditioning for the ensemble of 'Chitty' in the WE (and failing the dance audition).

Betsy seeing her dad in 'Chitty' and in panto.

He puts Betsy first - turning down some work.

He loves being a dad.

Talk about Holby. Loves playing Lofty. Had some good storylines recently.

Talk about the tour. He didn't expect to still be around in the business after 10 years!:laughing:

Aaah, nice, relaxed interview.

Ooh, play of 'Blackbird' from the album. Lovely. :heart_eyes:

Just catching up with the 'Lorraine' interview. Nice to see Lee being much more confident and relaxed in interviews.

Good to hear that Lofty's gran will be coming back to Holby. They work well together - I love the way Lofty fusses around her, and she's the one basically telling him to chill out!:laughing:

Lorraine is obviously a big Holby fan!:laughing:

I am delighted to be a Hard Core Fan, but somehow feel I will be giving it a miss if Lee is still gigging at 90! :joy:

A nice little interview with 'Lincolnshire Live:-

LINKY THING

“There’s a perception that if you are a covers artist it’s easier because you are not writing the songs. But I actually think it’s just as hard because you need to find songs you can relate to and sit vocally with your voice and when a song is not written for you it’s not as simple as just learning it and singing it.”

Wise words from Lee, which many singers (especially those on TV talent shows) would do well to heed!

Also, I'm loving that second pic!

Lee tweeted this in response to someone asking when the album was out.

Lee Mead

Verified account

@leemeadofficial
11m
11 minutes ago

Friday 23rd of Feb on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify or physical copy will be sold on tour x

I'm just listening live to a Lee interview on BBC Radio Berkshire.

Talking about being recognised when he's out and about.

He mentioned the legendary Adelphi scrums! Also, having dinner with ALW in his townhouse!

Betsy getting excited when she saw panto posters of Lee in Southend! "THAT'S MY DADDY!":laughing:

Wearing the coat on tour.

Nice little interview!

Lots of promo coming up.

A lovely article in this week's My Weekly and another in What's On TV - both on the Timeline (unless you want to rush out and buy a copy!).

Lee also tweeted earlier this afternoon: "6hrs of radio interviews for the album tomorrow. Thirteen regional interviews starting with @SteveHarrisDJ live for @BBCRadioSolent 8.15am 😊"

Plenty to listen out for (on Listen Again in my case)!

Just listening again to the BBC Radio Solent interview. Very clear sound. "Pre iplayer days" - blimey, that does show how long ago ADWD was! Chatting about the tour - about 19 songs in the set. He went through 100 songs to choose the songs for the album and tour! 13 interviews today (6 hours duration) - his brain will be mush by the end of all that! Nice little interview.

Album track being pla*** - 'Let Her Down Easy'. Lovely!:heart_eyes:

Lee due on Radio Cornwall within the next half hour!

'Blackbird' playing on Radio Cornwall.

Found 'Blackbird' while watching the film 'Boss Baby' with Betsy.
Talk about working on the Portsmouth/Bilbao cruise ferry. Used to do the raffle during the day!:laughing:
Ooh, Lee wasn't supposed to audition for touring Joseph...he sneaked in! Naughty! His audition song was 'I Want To Break Free'! Oops, his friend (who was supposed to be auditioning) didn't get the role he was auditioning for!:laughing:
Talking about seeing the 'Could you be Joseph' advert on TV and deciding to go for it. It was scary going from being unknown to being recognised on the tube.
Auditioning for ALW/TR.
TR has a house in Cornwall and could be listening to the show!:grimacing:
Hardcore fans. Some fans went to 'Chitty' four times a week!:laughing:
Talk about 'Chitty'.
Good interview.

Live interview on BBC Radio Manchester in around half an hour.

West End Wendy!:laughing:
Listing the musicals he's been in...and he's forgotten Wicked!
Loyal fans!:grin:
Reaching a younger audience via 'Casualty' and 'Holby'.
Song from the album - CED! Gorgeous!:heart_eyes:
The coat still fits...just about!
Lee's favourite song from a musical - 'Why God, Why' from 'Miss Saigon'
Talk about the Musical Theatre cruise.
Talking about the album.
Songs from Wicked on the album. He enjo*** playing Fiyero, who describes as 'a cheeky chap' (I can think of other words to describe Fiyero, especially Lee's version of the character)
Betsy - seeing her daddy crying in the cinema and asking "What are you doing?":laughing:

Nice interview. Lee seems relaxed and chilled.:relieved:

Just listening on catch up to Lee's interview on BBC Radio Hereford & Worcester.

Lee talking about ADWD - "That's the Lord!":laughing:
He originally wanted to be a straight actor
Talking about the revolve breaking down on Press Night:grimacing:
Clip of CED from the album - the strings are amazing
Talking about how hard it was to break into TV
Talk about Holby
Clips of 'All Of Me' and 'With Or Without You' - lovely:heart_eyes:
Talking about how he chose the songs for his album
Relating to the songs
Clip of 'Bring Him Home' - Oooh, lovely ...and 'Blackbird'
Question from fan - "Did you trip over the bamboo poles during rehearsals for 'Me Ole Bamboo'?":laughing:
Chatting about the tour. He did 'Lord Arthur Saville's Crime' in Malvern
Finds out about Panto in two weeks

Lovely interview:relaxed:

Interview on BBC Radio Essex today at 2pm!

Starting with one of the tracks from the album - 'Everything' Lovely:heart_eyes:
Ten years ago, Lee thought he'd play Joseph and have a couple of years of gigging!:laughing:
Oddest moment of ADWD was the public reaction after the first live show.
Talking about Betsy watching him performing
Playing a track from the album - 'Let Her Down Easy' :heart_eyes:
Talking about bringing the tour to Southend.
Talking about 'Let Her Down Easy'
Mentioning how he heard ALW playing some of the score to 'Love Never Dies' when he was in Majorca for ADWD.
Talking about TV work. Recently did more filming with Wanda Ventham (who plays Lofty's gran)
Happy with his career
Nice interview

Lee interview coming up on BBC Radio Wales at 3.20pm!

Lee's hair - When Lee was little, people thought he was a girl because of his curly hair!:laughing:
Talking about his TV work
Talk about ADWD - Lee was quite shy, so it was difficult initially, doing a TV talent show
Talk about the album - persuaded to do the 10 Year Anniversary thing by family and friends
How he chooses the songs, and the people he's worked with on the album
'All Of You' pla*** - stunning:heart_eyes:
Talking about connecting with songs
Talking about how playing Danny in 'Grease' at school was the start of him performing.
Back in Cardiff in a couple of weeks - didn't say why. I think he stopped himself saying something he shouldn't - I wonder if he's doing another guest stint in Casualty?
Nice interview:relaxed:

There's a nice little article in today's Metro (which is on the Timeline). I like Lee's comments on the whole 'expecting instant fame' thing, which seems to be a recurring theme with TV talent show contestants (not helped by some TV talent shows making contestants believe they'll be huge stars). I also liked his comment about being honest about your performance experience when going on a TV talent show. Wise words from someone who's 'been there, done it and won it'.

Also, Lee is on BBC Radio Kent today at 4pm (one of the pre-recorded interviews, I think).

Lee coming up on Radio Kent.

Clip of Lofty introducing himself to Dylan in 'Casualty'!
Talking about Lofty and Dom, and playing a gay character/a slow burn love story
General chat about working on 'Holby'
Talking about his career over the past 10 years and being thankful to still be performing
'Joseph' - "It was the 'Hamilton' of its day!":laughing:
Clip of Lee singing ADWD on ADWD
Looking back it's all a bit surreal
Talking about celebrating the 10 year anniversary
Interviewer points out the it's usually the runner/s-up in the TV talent shows who do well rather than the winner, but Lee bucked that trend
A clip of Lee singing 'All Of Me' (sounds like a clip from a live performance?)
Nice interview:relaxed:

Just catching up with the Radio Nottingham interview.
Starting with a play of 'All Of Me'
Explaining why he chose 'All Of Me' as one of his performance songs
He sometimes thinks of his girlfriend when he's singing AOM or other songs
Talking about why he decided to do the 10th Anniversary album/tour
Lee met Tom Jones in a pub next door to the Savoy when he was doing 'Legally Blonde'

Nice little chat.:relaxed:

Lee was on BBC Radio Sussex this morning. Just catching up with it.

Lee has squeezed a lot into the last 10 years
Talk about Holby (interviewer is a huge fan)
Lee always wanted to have a balanced career (acting and singing)
Sometimes records his lines on his phone and plays it in the car
Lofty - Holby's gone more into his background - he's done 5 eps with Wanda (who plays Lofty's gran)
Chat about the album
Possibly a musical next year if he can get the time off from Holby?
Play of 'With Or Without You' - great stuff!:grin:

Nice interview.

There's a great article in today's 'Love Sunday' magazine (which comes with the 'Sunday People' newspaper). Nice front cover pic as a bonus!

The article (and front cover pic) are on the Timeline now, as well.

Lee's currently on BBC Radio Surrey - I think it's the interview from yesterday?

Although I didn't hear the BBC Radio Surrey interview today Jo, I expect it was a repeat of the Saturday morning one. Normally on Sundays BBC Radio Sussex and BBC Radio Surrey join and share the same programmes but, this weekend, they split in the afternoon as BBC Radio Sussex had an important footie match to broadcast (B&H Albion v A r s e nal):soccer: !, that's why Lee's interview was broadcast twice.

Lovely memories of Lee at the cathedral many moons ago enjoy all who are going to the drill hall its a nice little place luv Mazza x

It was a lovely concert even if I was quite far back and it was lovely to be in Lincoln. I had to make a decision between Lincoln and Salford, and Salford won because it's nearer to my Fat Pension Week! Have a lovely time.

Just 'Listening Again' to Lee's interview on Meridian FM.

Starting with chat about the tour.

Talk about winning ADWD (e.g. how it felt)

Lee's pre-ADWD career (including the Portsmouth/Bilbao ferry and meeting Ken Dodd)

When Lee was in touring Joseph (aged 20 or so), the actor playing Joseph was in his 40s!

'Casualty'/'Holby'

Talking about when he started touring as a solo performer

He'd love to write a book (autobio) one day - 10-20 years from now?

He loves singing

He enjoys doing live theatre

When he was a child, he used to make his family laugh doing Karaoke!

Hoping to do some more song-writing

Favourite song on the album - 'Let Her Down Easy'

Keen supporter of Children's charities - Mention of Equal People/Mushroom

Betsy - "7 going on 14"

Play of 'Let Her Down Easy' from the album

Lovely, chatty, relaxed interview!:relaxed:

There was an interview with Lee aired today on Spirit FM (promoting the album and the Horsham gig). Short but sweet, and there's a great anecdote about meeting Prince Philip (complete with impression of him)!:laughing:

There's a nice interview on the W Sussex County Times website to promote the Horsham gig.

LINKY THING

I didn't know that Lee had been offered a place at the Guildhall (prestigious Performing Arts college - If I remember rightly, Daniel Boys went there), but was unable to take it up due to no scholarships/grants available. Thank goodness he didn't give up on his dream!

Another nice interview (again promoting Horsham).

LINKY THING

Interview this morning on BBC Radio Shropshire. Just listening again (thanks to the Timeline, but also available on iplayer).

Starting with chat about what he was doing before ADWD.

Mentioning how many youngsters think they can go straight from theatre school/training into the WE.

Talking about how he felt when the ADWD result was announced.

Talking about 'Joseph'.

Offered shows including 'Whistle Down The Wind'* and 'Chicago' after 'Joseph', but went to NY to study film acting instead.

Talking about 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime', and the ever growing script!

Talking about getting the role in 'Holby'.

Talking about what he does on tour.

Singing and music is his first love.

Contract negotiations for 'Holby' within the next couple of months.

Talking about the Palladium panto.

Talking about the tour he did of Japan.

'Joseph' is the most special musical to him. It was the first show he did when he was 9.

Also, 'Miss Saigon'.

Mention of friendship with Keith.

Talk about the album.

Talk about filming Holby. Early mornings - can be 60 hors weeks, or a couple of days a week. Filming two eps at the same time, so can be confusing.

Ambitions - to continue being successful. Would like to do more WE shows.

Would have liked to be a teacher (his cousin is one).

Nice, chatty interview!

*Lee as 'The Man' in WDTW would have been awesome!

This was a lovely interview. I listened live, expecting it would only last 10 minutes or so - instead, we had a glorious half hour, including plays of Close Every Door and All Of Me.

I have never seen Whistle Down the Wind - if Lee had done it, that would have swiftly changed!

I've seen half of WDTW because of a very slow bus in very heavy traffic - that was way back in 1999! I love the music and found the story gripping - at least what I saw of it. Lee would be really good as The Man.

I have the soundtrack album, which is pretty good, but I haven't actually seen the show. I have seen the film (a number of times) and my one disappointment re: WDTW was that ALW decided (in his infinite wisdom :face_with_rolling_eyes: ) to relocate the story to the US. That being said, if Lee was cast as 'The Man' in the musical...*THUD*

It would have worked just as well in the UK, wouldn't it? The only thing I can think of is that they had a scene with a preacher and his colleagues, for want of a better word, doing a travelling show where they preached the gospel and sang hymns, which is where "Vaults of Heaven" came in. I think I can say this now as it's not likely to be a spoiler - live snakes were used in this scene, which wouldn't have personally bothered me but I can imagine would have upset a lot of people.

Snakes??????????????? In which case, it would have been Upper Circle for me, just in case ...... :scream:

Blimey, that could have been dangerous! I hope they weren't venomous (or if they were, they'd been safely de-venomed before making their West End debut)!

There's an interview on 'The Sticks SG1 Radio' to promote the Hoddleston gig. I'm listening live - nice little interview.

Blimey, Lee was offered the part of Che in Evita about four years ago (the tour) and had to turn it down!

Plays for 'Hushabye Mountain' and 'Dancing Through Life'.

'Hushabye Mountain' is exquisite - the pain and longing is palpable, and the strings are beautiful!

'Dancing Through Life' - loving the Lord Arthurness of the spoken bit, and the vocals are so strong!

There was a Lee interview on BBC Radio Lancashire this morning.

Talking about ADWD - and how shows like X-Factor can make kids believe in instant stardom.

Getting into TV - Casualty/Holby.

Betsy - 8th birthday in two weeks.

Albums/tours.

Lee being himself on tour. Mention that he's seeing Gilbert O'Sullivan tonight in concert.

Play for 'Dancing Through Life'. Love it!

Nice little interview.

I tbink the snakes were harmless grass snakes but that little word harmless means nothing when we have an aversion to creatures, doesn't it? I'm lucky enough not to be bothered by snakes. There was a warning in the foyer but that wasn't much help to people who had travelled miles to see the show and could't unbook.

There was an interview today on Radio Cornwall.

Listening now on catch-up.

Starting with a play of 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Chat about the 10 Year anniversary.

Likes having variety in his career (singing and acting).

He sings on set!

Chatting about 'Chitty', which he loved doing.

Chat about choosing songs for the album/tour.

"Do you like rehearsals?" Good question! Lee says "Yes!"

Lee and Betsy sing together in the car. She loves Justin Bieber, but he's trying to introduce her to 'real music'!:laughing:

Prince Philip story.:laughing:

Mention of singing 'From Russia With Love'. Lee met Cubby Broccoli's (James Bond producer) daughter and considered asking about auditioning for the role of JB. Ahh, Lee as Bond!:heart_eyes:

Brief mention of Stages Festival.

Panto in Aberdeen. Apparently, Aberdeen is closer to Iceland than London! Blimey!:laughing:

A play of 'A Foggy Day In London Town' to end.

There was an interview with Lee this morning on Wave 105.

Starting off by saying he has a couple of weeks off and doesn't know what to do with himself!

Talking about the 10th Anniversary Tour.

The band are 'quite a rowdy bunch':laughing:

Being able to do the school run/spend time with Betsy.

Talk about the difference between TV acting and on-stage singing.

While he was waiting for Graham Norton to announce who had won ADWD he felt calm, but once the result was announced, the nerves kicked in.

The most nervous he's been was when he was performing with Donny O and Jason D in the Concert For Diana at Wembley Stadium!

He's one of only a few characters who have transferred from Casualty to Holby.

Nice little interview.:relaxed:

There was an interview with Lee today on Coast FM.

Chat about the 10th Anniversary and ADWD.

People still stop Lee in the street and tell him they voted for him in ADWD!

Talk about bringing a bit of himself to each character he plays.

Talk about Casualty/Holby.

Talk about the difference between TV acting and stage acting/doing gigs.

Talk about the content of the tour.

Talk about how he fits everything in!

Chat about the Redruth venue - apparently, it used to be a cinema.

A nice little interview.

Just listening to Lee's interview on Encore Radio.

Talk about ADWD. It was quite surreal going from being fairly anonymous to constantly being approached on the streets.

He tries not to think of how many people are in the audience (or how many TV viewers there are watching him in 'Holby') because thinking about it can freak you out.

He struggles with large crowds, but is OK performing to them.

Play of 'Let Her Down Easy', which is stunning!

Difficulty in choosing the songs for his 10th Anniversary album!

How does it feel to be revisiting these songs? Interesting question. Lee also mentions that he loves singing.

Lee doesn't like large crowds and is quite shy, but was bitten by the singing/acting bug at school when he was cast as Danny Zuko in the school production of 'Grease' - and said to the drama teachers "Have you heard me sing?":laughing: Obviously Lee wasn't aware of his talent at that point! Also says the secret to performing is doing your best but not taking it too seriously.

A play of Dick Van ****'s version of 'Hushabye Mountain'. Lovely version, but I wonder why not Lee's?

Lee wanted to have a long term career. The last 10 years have gone back so quick.

Chat about panto.

Holby chat. Long days of filming.

Talk about auditioning for the role of Marius in 'Les Mis' when he was a teenager, then auditioning again a few years later and getting to the final two (he lost out to Jon Lee of S Club 7)!

Mentioning upcoming tour dates.

Lee has his eye on the role of PT Barnum in 'The Greatest Showman'! Oooh, yes!:grin: (and Lee has just let slip that he sang 'From Now On' from TGS on the Jane McDonald Show!).

A mention of Lee as Fiyero in 'Wicked' (and a play of ALAYM).

Nice interview, with some interesting questions from the interview. Lovely that Lee seemed so relaxed and chatty.

Is there a link to the radio interview for listen again please.

Listen Again link:-

LINKY THING

Lee's interview is on the second row down.

1 2