​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Promo for Lee's 10th anniversary tour

The thing I found 'annoying' about this interview was, the interviewer asked Lee to chose songs from his Album and when he said 'Hush-a-Bye Mountain' and 'Bring Him Home' the radio station pla*** them but sung by other people (Dick Van D for HABM and John Owen Jones (I think) for BHM)! I didn't get this - why didn't they play Lee's version (Lee's are much better in my opinion anyway :wink:) and they didn't even mention it wasn't Lee singing. Seems rude to me to do that when you interview someone. We, as his fans knew it wasn't Lee singing, but I doubt others would. The only one they pla*** from Lee's Album was 'Let Her Down Easy'.

Thanks for the link Jo, very much appreciated.

I loved listening to Lee in the interview, however I wasn't too keen on the the guy that interviewed Lee, especially
when he pla*** 2 of the songs which he asked Lee to choose from his album but instead they were sung by Dick Van ****
and JOJ. At least they pla*** Lee's version from his album of "Let her down Easy" and Lee and Rachel singing "As long as
you're Mine, which were beautiful of course.

Thanks again.

Regards maggiemay

It was a bit confusing, expecting a Lee version of Hushabye Mountain (or whatever song) and getting someone else's!

Oops, you're quite right maggiemay, Encore pla*** 2 songs from Lee's Album, I forgot about the duet with Rachael.:+1:

Just got round to watching Wednesday's 'Lorraine' interview (Christine Lampard was the interviewer).

Chat about Holby (and the engagement). Being cagey about what happens next, but hoping that Lofty and Dom will work out as a couple.

Talk about Casualty and returning to Holby.

Co-parenting Betsy.

Talk about his current relationship with Izzy.

ADWD and Joseph.

Nice interview and Lee looks well!

Lee was on Radio Manchester today.

LINKY THING starts at 1h 10mins

Does it feel like 10 years? Some times it does, but sometimes it doesn't.

Lee talking about the diversity in his career.

He keeps a collection of memorabilia under his bed (in a drawer).

Chat about the album.

Play of 'Everything' from the album.

Talk about 'Chitty' - the 'Ole Bamboo' routine.

Talking about parts he'd like to play - the Phantom in POTO (yes, please!:grin: )

'Casualty'/'Holby' chat. Lofty is a great part. He's been developed a lot in the past year and a half. Proud to play a gay character.

The surgery scenes look realistic, even when filming.

Nice, relaxed interview.:relaxed:

Lee is on BBC Radio Essex today at 2pm (interview was recorded a few days ago).

Apparently, Lee's mum is a regular listener of BBC Radio Essex!

A play of 'Everything' from the album.

Lee's mum is listening.

10th Anniversary Tour chat.

Southend gig is at the Palace theatre (he nearly said the Cliffs:laughing: )

Favourite moments in the shows he's been in - getting to play Potts in 'Chitty'/flying the car for the first time.

'Hushabye Mountain' is about Potts moving on with his life. Lee wanted to bring layers to the role.

Another song from the album 'Blackbird':heart_eyes:

Talk about 'Blackbird' - Lee heard the song for the first time in the film 'Boss Baby'.

Talk about how becoming a parent changed his life. Given him a different outlook.

Panto. Apparently Aberdeen is closer to Iceland than London! Blimey!

Talk about Lofty (Casualty/Holby). Enjoying the way that Lofty has developed in Holby. Two to two and a half weeks to film an ep (but not necessarily consecutively). Can be long hours, but can also be short hours, depending on the schedule.

Lee didn't think he'd be still be getting the big jobs 10 years on - he hoped he'd still be a jobbing actor.

Lee did his first show at the Palace Theatre Southend - as a backing singer in a Ratpack thing called 'My Pal Frank'. Aww, Lee was told off for playing music in his dressing-room, and vowed that one day, when he'd 'made it', he'd have the Number One dressing-room and play his music as loud as he wanted!:laughing:

Lovely, chatty interview.

1 2