​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jane Mcdonald concert.

Did anyone see the Jane McDonald cruise at the end it showed Lee he looked gorgeous he will be on one of her shows but did not give a date so will have to keep watching her show on a Friday 0n 5.
cheers acer x

Re: Jane Mcdonald concert.

Lee has confirmed on Twitter that it will be shown on Good Friday making it a very Good Friday! :relaxed:

Excellent!:grin:

That will be my Easter treat. All the goodness and none of the calories.

Thanks Another Liz I won't miss that .
cheers acer

I'm just watching this week's 'Jane McDonald & Friends' - Kerry Ellis is one of the guests - she's wearing a green sequinned jumpsuit and is belting out 'Defying Gravity' at breakneck speed! It made me wonder what Lee is singing when he appears? Something from a musical? I can't remember it being mentioned anywhere.

The ep featuring Lee has finally arrived!

Funny little skit featuring Lee to start!:laughing:

Large pic of Lee (one of the recent ones from the album) flashing up on the big screen when Jane is saying who tonight's guests are going to be!:heart_eyes: Big cheer from the audience!:grin:

Lee! Oooh, 'Bring Him Home'!:heart_eyes: Can he just be cast as JVJ now? *THUD* Little chat about the tour. Aaah, that was lovely!:relaxed:

What I like about Lee's way of performing it is that he doesn't belt it out - it's kept soft, delicate and heartfelt!:relieved:

I do like this series (I've watched them all). Pleasant music and an easy watch. The young woman who was just singing 'Memory' with Jane sounded beautiful! Elkie Brooks is on now and still sounding great!

It took me back to the days of the Michael Ball TV shows. It was a great show and Lee sang beautifully. I love Elkie Brooks because she's even older than me!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She looks really good though - so slim.

Lee was in Manchester today, recording another guest slot on the 'Jane & Friends' show (his last appearance obviously went down well with viewers:grin: ). Rydian tweeted that he was also there.

I've just seen a trailer for the new series of 'Jane & Friends' - there was a brief glimpse of Lee wearing a waistcoat!:grinning: :heart_eyes: According to the voice-over, the new series starts this coming Friday!:smile:

There's an interview with Jane doing the rounds (I think it's What's On TV), where they are talking about her guests in the next series, and then she says … "But one of the best moments was having Lee Mead on. Watching him sing to the camera was breath-taking, that guy’s a star.”

Just what we've always known!

With thanks to the Timeline for revealing the news - we have a date for the broadcast of Lee's ep. Friday 27 July!:grin:

I'm just watching tonight's show. Jayne is singing a duet with John Partridge (he pla*** John in 'Miss Saigon' when a certain Lee Mead was understudy Chris*). Good voice, but what has he done with his hair? It looks so severe! Ooh, now he's taken his shirt off and started hoovering!:laughing:

The lady from 70s group Rose Royce, singing 'Wishing On A Star' - she still sounds good!

The cast of 'Chicago' singing 'Roxie'.

*I'd love to hear some clips of them as John and Chris!

I've just been listening to the Lee interview on 'Encore Radio' - where he mentioned that he sang 'From Now On' from 'The Greatest Showman' on the Jane McDonald show!:grin: :heart_eyes: That would explain the waistcoat! *THUD*

OMG! I can't wait to see that

Tonight's the night! Lee on 'Jane McDonald & Friends'!:grin:

Jane singing 'Heatwave' - how appropriate!:laughing:

Ooh, Lee! Waistcoat! Rolled up shirt sleeves!

Blimey, that was fab!:astonished: :flushed: :heart_eyes:

Lee for PT Barnum in 'The Greatest Showman'!!!

I love Jane - "It's not Hugh Jackman, it's Who? Jackman!":laughing:

Blimey, Gilbert O'Sullivan! Like this song.

Absolutely loved Lee singing "From Now On" on Jane McDonald show this evening, stunning. Looking gorgeous as well.

Video from the show is on the home page - so amazing!!!!

And many thanks to Sunny-Mead for saving it for us.

I've just rewatched it...twice! (thanks Sunny-mead!). Soaring vocals, and that look into the camera lens at the end!:flushed: :heart_eyes:

After the excitement of last week's show (Lee in a waistcoat...with shirt-sleeves rolled up...singing a song from 'The Greatest Showman' :heart_eyes: ), this week is a bit less exciting! Though when Jane introduced her first guest as a star of 'Casualty' and 'Holby' I briefly thought "Lee again?":astonished: It turned out to be Tom Chambers.:laughing:

A duet with Hayley Tamaddon (former 'Em****ale' actress and now a musical theatre performer). Great stuff from both ladies!

Final guest - Alexandra Burke (X-Factor winner and now a musical theatre performer). She's a good singer, but has a tendency to let the vocal acrobatics take over. That being sad, she reined it in a bit tonight, and her performance was better for it.