​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OLIVIER AWARDS

Good start by the 'Hamilton' cast. Well done!

Catherine Tate is shouting - you're mic'd up, dear, so you can speak normally!:laughing: Incidentally, she looks like she's wearing a pair of curtains!:laughing:

BEST ENTERTAINMENT & FAMILY: Dick Whittington at the Palladium

And we have our first "Oh my goodness, I can't believe I've won!" expression :laughing:

BEST NEW PLAY: The Ferryman

Performance by 'Young Frankenstein' cast. Good fun.

BEST ACTOR IN A PLAY: Bryan Cranston (Network)

BEST ACTRESS IN PLAY: Laura Donnelly (The Ferryman)

Performance by cast of 'Follies'. Tracie Bennett hitting it out of the park!

Performance by cast of '42nd Street'. Blimey, that's a big cast! All singing and all dancing - great stuff!

BEST DIRECTOR (MUSICAL OR PLAY): Sam Mendes (The Ferryman)

BEST MUSICAL REVIVAL: Follies

Performance by the cast of 'Everyone's Talking About Jamie'. The actor playing Jamie is a bit pitchy. Lively and fun, though.

BEST PLAY REVIVAL: Angels In America

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MUSICAL: Michael Jibson (Hamilton)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL: Sheila Atim (Girl From The North Country)

Ooh, clip of Lee and Joe in the 'Joseph section' there (in the 'coming up after the break' bit)!:grin:

The 'In Memorium' section (accompanied by Chita Rivera/Andy Karl). Lovely and very touching.

BEST ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL: Shirley Henderson (Girl From The North Country)

Performance from the cast of 'Girl From The North Country'. Sheila Atim has a gorgeous voice.

A round up of awards presented during the evening that we didn't see (just showing clips of the winners' speeches).

BEST ACTOR IN A MUSICAL: Giles Terera (Hamilton)

BEST NEW MUSICAL: Hamilton

OLIVIER SPECIAL AWARD: David Lan (Artistic Director, Young Vic)

FINALE - JOSEPH (Jason Donovan, Joe McEldery, Lee Mead, Linzi Hately, Preeya Kalidas, Danielle Hope). Great stuff! Is it me, or can Lee be heard really strongly in the 'Give Me My Coloured Coat' bit? Oh, and Lee looks hot in a tux!:heart_eyes:

Re: OLIVIER AWARDS

Thanks for your resume, which should have an accent on the end, but I can't find one on my computer. I'm still not seeing why people rave about Hamilton, but I do like the look of Everybody's Talking About Jamie - honestly I'm not biased because it's set in Sheffield. Lee looked wonderful. It waa a little bit sad to see another Joseph get the coat but Lee has moved onward and upward and is so much more than just Joseph now. I liked seeing Danielle Hope again. Priya and Lee looked lovely together.

It is not just you I can always hear his v0ice, and he did look gorgeous [as always]

I thought they would have brought more past Josephs on - Philip Schofield, Donny Osmond,...etc, and maybe more past narrators and cast members. That being said, they probably didn't have the time (or stage space) for so many bodies, so went with three Josephs and three narrators.

Danielle Hope sounded great - I'd like to see her and Lee in something together.

Incidentally, I did wonder if something was up with Jason's voice - when he first came on, I wondered if he was miming because his mouth seemed slightly out of sync with the audio. It also felt as if his part was cut down. We had Joe doing his solo bit, Lee doing his, Joe and Lee singing together, then Jason finally coming on to sing his short solo bit before they all did the remainder of the song together.

If you go to gettyimages.co.uk and enter Lee Mead in the search box, there are loads of pics from the evening.

Thanks. Lee looking very sharp in his tux on the red carpet, and love his g/f's dress! Some nice on-stage pics as well.

Please can anyone help me to get Lees photos I can't find the search box grateful for help acer

See if this works:

Lee at Oliviers

Apparently, Jason Donovan was miming at the Oliviers (recovering from throat surgery).

Thank you A/Liz very much appreciated lovely photos
acer x