​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Epsom on Sunday

Following on from the Loughborough gig thread, it was still a talking point on Sunday at Epsom, amongst those of you who had been there, and Lee's Dad mentioned it in particular ,as having been a particularly fantastic night..

I think Lee maybe found the Epsom audience a bit reserved in comparison but we livened up eventually!
Lovely to see Joe McFadden in the foyer happily posing for 'photos and supporting his Friend and colleague.

Thanks to everyone who willingly helped me physically to get about ,including the lady on my left ,who propped me up during the Joseph singalong/standing ovation at the end. I have considerable walking and balance issues and really thought that I would never get to see Lee again in concert, at least not without a wheelchair,

Also to the lady who facilitated my not having to queue for my signed 'photo ; I hadn't actually been that close to Lee since Wimbledon in 2010!

What a humble and thoroughly nice man is Lee's Dad!

The Friend who had kindly gone along with me,had never seen Lee before and had a great evening. She especially loved his rendition of the song from Miss Saigon .

Perhaps she could be persuaded to accompany me when he gets that next West end role!

Re: Epsom on Sunday

Hello Sue, were you the lady in the row behind me I was speaking to in the interval when we were talking about Lee's last night of Joseph, it sounds like it from what you say? If so, it was lovely to meet you; I thought you had a familiar face, must have seen you during all the Joseph shows we went to :wink: and I remember your Forum name. Yes, I was one of those babbling on about how brilliant the Loughborough gig had been the previous evening but Epsom was good wasn't, as you say the audience warmed up after a while and that always makes a difference. Hope you converted your friend to being a Lee fan, if not she doesn't know what she's missing :smiley:. I'll see you (and your Friend!) again when Lee's starring in 'that' show in the West End :grinning: Best wishes AnnieB

Thanks for that, YN Sue!:relaxed:

Hi! Yes, that was me. What a lovely message. What a night and, yes, my friend was blown away. 18 months ago,I could just make it to the Palladium for panto but I have nosedived! Panic set in. I 'did'Joseph 5 times, West End Men x 2, Christmas concerts x 3 (fell backwards on the escalator at Waterloo East en route to the Barbican and nearly trapped my hand but I wasn't going to miss the concert), etc. Am pretty sure that my daughter and I saw him in Raoul in Phantom years ago; remember saying to her; "Isn't that young man with the curly hair brilliant? ". The one time I didn't buy a programme but timescale fits!!

So, a no-brainer when Lee comes within 3 miles of my house!

Just been listening to Hugh Jack man singing 'From Now On'and Lee is worth 10 of him!

Amanda from? Holland/Belgium (sorry, i know they are different countries! )I have spoken to you twice over the years, and apparently you were 5 seats in, at the other end of row CD, so, a belated hello.
Great evening.

See you all again one day!

My pleasure! I forgot to add Wicked and Chitty to that list on my response to Annie B! How amazing was his Caractacus Potts interpretation!

A bit late responding to your last post Sue, loved both Lee's Fiyero in Wicked and definitely agree about Caractacus Potts in Chitty, would have loved him to have been in that longer - ah well. Can see you're a true Lee fan:grinning: I'll look out for you if Lee comes to a venue near you. Bye :wave:

Thanks so much for checking in with us, YASue. How lovely of Lee to schedule a concert gig close to you. :wink: I wish he'd schedule one close to me someday . . . :slightly_smiling_face: