​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goodbye to our much loved FORUM

I am sorry to be the bearer of this news. But Bravenet is old technology and is making updating and keeping this forum fresh very difficult.
Editing the site is almost impossible now and it is time for us all to say our goodbyes on this site.

We are working on a new forum that will be part of our website and we hope to have that up and running very soon.

This is not about cost ( I know that you have all contributed over the years) It is about being able to manage the site.

For those of you that look but don't post and those that post regularly please take this opportunity to make one last goodbye post on here.
Share your happy memories and tell us things that have made you smile over the years.

THIS IS NOT GOODBYE. We hope to see you all posting on a new forum soon.

Joan

Re: Goodbye to our much loved FORUM

I guessed this was coming Joan - I know you've had difficulty with the site for a while. Must admit I'm sad :cry: to see it go, it's where we all got to know each other in those 'Joseph' days and some of the original Forum members have now become my great friends. After looking at Lee's Twitter feed, this Forum is the next thing I look at even now. The Forum used to be buzzing with lots of contributions (good and bad!), but that dwindled as Facebook etc. came along and 'newbies' went for that instead. So, thanks The LMAS Team for all your efforts on our behalf and to those who regularly contributed and did their best to keep things running, but time (and technology :thinking_face:) moves on. I'll watch out for the 'new'Forum when it's up and running. Thanks again Ladies :wave:

I can only agree with what Annie has said (I must admit I did wonder why the banner hadn't been changed, as it's several weeks since Lee left Prince Harry in Aberdeen). I loved this forum in its heyday, as you well know (and have special fond memories of the White Jeans thread for several reasons!) and hope you will soon get the new one up and running - I must admit, Mr Bravenet has been something of a trial now and again!

It probably was through the forum that so many friendships grew, as we all made tentative arrangements to meet someone we only knew by their forum name somewhere outside the Adelphi! Then, when we had the badges and could see someone wearing one, I remember sidling up to a total stranger and discreetly murmuring, "are you a Loppy?"

Anyway, things have to move on. Thank you to everyone who is or has been involved with running the forum. It will be greatly missed.

Goodbye forum - it's been great being a member. Who'd have thought that 12 years after ADWD, we'd all still be here talking about Lee? Blimey! Anyway, onwards and upwards - looking forward to the new forum!:blush:

Oops, forgot to say, thanks to all who have been involved in the running of the forum.:blush:

Ahhhh, what a shame. It's been a great 12 years. At least it's not 'goodbye forum' so much as 'the forum is dead, long live the forum.'

Had a little weep when I read this but that could be because I have a bug and everything's making me a bit whiney right now. I saw Lee's concert before the grim hand of illness descended on me though!

Glad to hear that you managed to get to Lee's first 2 shows Tanith.
I hope that you get better soon.

Well it had to come sometime but onwards we go will always remember the people who wrote on the forum and hope we will see them again on the new one many years ago we had sunnymead, maggie may,kirsten, brenda,maggie ball,jazzylou,margw,greycat, punkinpuss lynned, petrus,acer,suef,mazy suec sue reynolds,anonymouse,anotherliz, curly liz,coofynew, joem, jan2, trulee, thats all i can think of if i have missed you out sorry but hope to see you again on the new forum and thanks so much to the team for all you did and many more Lee news and reviews to come thanks again :clap: luv (mazza) xMarianne