​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PHOTOGRAPHS and VIDEOS (updated 2.03.09)

We are anxious not to have any photos published on the forum that should not be there. We are told that providing a link to a photo is not a problem, but if pictures are directly posted on the forum, all photos must be accredited to the photographer. WE ARE NOW EXTENDING THIS TO AMATEUR PHOTOS AS WELL so that we can be absolutely certain that everything is legal.

Unfortunately, any photo that is not accredited will be deleted without question. We are sorry for such draconian rules, but we could be walking into legal problems if we don’t sort this one out.

This also applies to videos.

The Mods

Re: PHOTOGRAPHS and VIDEOS (updated 2.03.09)

Hi Mods,
frst of all, I apologise for posting unacredited photos, I completely understand. I assumed that as they had beenposted previously they would be alright.

I have a query. The reason I am posting on here instead of emailing you is that I am sure I'm not the only one who would like clarifiaton.

Some of the photos were actually screencaps, so we don't know the photographer and they are not from any website. In this case, will it be acceptable to credit the programme they came from? If we don't know, or are not sure of the programme, does this mean we cannot post the screencap?

Thank you for your help

Marg

That was also my worry Mods, I have posted photos from off screencaps on here and some of them have been taken off and some are still on and they are from the same programs.

I am really worried about this now and feel as though I wont be able to post photo anymore because I really dont wont to get you in to trouble and me to be band from the site.

Thank you so much for raising this, Marg. Yes, you will need to credit the programme when posting screencaps.

Vanessa, we know it is all quite a worry and it must be difficult with many of the pictures you already have, but we love your pictures and very much hope that you will soon be posting those you can credit.

Thank You Mods you are very Kind, I am going to keep posting my photos and will try too remeber where I got them from.

I have over 3,000 photos of Lee. I have'nt got a clue who took the photos. All I know is I got them from LMAS site. So if I can't credit them to LMAS site, I won't be posting any photos, not that I know how to do it anyway.