Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for title

Hello ...I remember watching CCF while growing up..Such a GREAT series. Even though CBS dropped the running time to 30 mins they still had great shows ..Anyways VERY late in the season like 79 or 80 or even 81,, I remember seeing a Russian ( I believe ) narrated short film about a dog named "Chip" Can you confirm this was the title of the film about a lost German shepherd (again , I believe)in Russia and it's wanderings ?? Thanks so much. If "chip" wasn't the title what was it please Thank You

Re: looking for title

I know I am responding to a ten year old post, but here is a link to Chip, in its original Russian.

I spent a long time looking for it, but the original version on YouTube differs a bit from my recollection of the film. First, there was definitely a narrator in the English version. I speak no Russian, but it’s clear there is only dialogue in this version. Maybe the English version added the narrator instead of translating and dubbing all the dialogue.

Second, I was sure there was a scene showing Chip’s master boarding some kind of commuter train, but it’s not here.

https://youtu.be/tSdn1k2QFxI