Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
young boy struck by car

Just wanted to ask if anyone remembers a film about a boy who was having a hard time making friends or where the other kids just didn't seem to like him. I just recall that the boy believes he finally found a friend in a schoolmate who goes home with him after school one day. The boy was showing his schoolmate his baseball card collection. I remember a sister or the boys mother also being at home. The boy leaves the room to possibly get cookies for them and is gone for a short while and during this time the schoolmate steals some of the boys baseball cards. I can't remember what happened or how the boy found out that his friend took the cards. He might not have even known about the cards but he gets upset about something. I just remember the boy being really upset and he runs out of the house and is struck by a car in the street. It shows him lying in the street and he starts listing different names of friends he believes he has. I often think of this show and even at a young age I was struck how sad it was. I never saw the show again and just wanted to know the name of this show. It might not have been a CBS Children's Film Festival program. I seem to remember seeing it on a weekday afternoon possibly between 1973 and 1978. I've checked through the after school special programs but I can't seem to find one with a storyline that might have been this particular show.