Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Czech Television Serials/ Films

Great info, Phil - where did you find all these? Do you have a list of more films that appeared on the CFF?

thanks a lot for help phil! this is great.

Over the past few months I've been doing a little research on the CCFF, and I've managed to compile a listing of probably all of the films broadcast between 1967-1979. I also have the broadcast dates, country of orgin, etc., along with plot synosis pulled from various sources. It's more or less done, I just have some editing/proofing I should finish before the end of the month. I originally wanted to post it here, but I'll probably have to make a couple of html pages instead---the document is huge.

That's fantastic! I'm the webmaster of this site, and if you will email the list to me, I will add it to my main CCFF page. Thanks!

Mark

Mark and Phil... Hi.. I am so happy to find your site and to actually find out the movie that I watched as a kid.It was ON SNOW WHITE . My mom just came back from the czech republic with no results of the movie I was looking for:-( Is there a web site where I can get the movie? My mom has the THREE NUTS FOR CINDERELLA from Czechoslovakia but all in czech! I can finaly sleep knowing what movie it was...THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU!!

There is an english version available. It's even cheaper than the german original...

Look at the english version of the german fanpage of the film:

www.dreihaselnuessefueraschenbroedel.de

Is there any chance, the film or other czech material will ever be rebroadcasted in the USA?

Hi,

The stubtitled version has been available on DVD for some time now, here in the U.S. There's a link on my CCFF page (click on the logo above).

to the poster that remembers The Giant Eel film....I remember very vividly the scene you're referring to. as I remember it, the kid was fishing for this "monster" with a regular rod and reel and ends up getting dragged into the water and ultimately through a dark tunnel, ending up in a cave of some sort? the specific details are fuzzy, but I do remember the imagery of the kid's hair swept back, him holding his breath as he is dragged through the water, hanging on for dear life. I really wish there was more info on this one. everyone seems the remember The Winter of the Witch, but noone recalls The Giant Eel!

anyway, these were such odd films. it's kind of surprising that noone has managed to compile them all on dvd by now.

I also remember THE GIANT EEL and looking for the movie,can anyone help me

Like the other posters, The GIANT EEL movie has haunted me since I was a kid. I have looked briefly on the Internet, but it must be lost. Anybody know anybody in Czech Republic?

As usual, it's all about the name. I managed to come across a summary in a book about Czech films that resembled that of "The Giant Eel". It turned out that the original name of the film is "My tři a pes z Pětipes"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342806/

This roughly translates to "The Three and a Dog from Petipes". It turns out that the film has been exported to many other countries under different names---none of which, of course, mention the eel. That probably explains why it has been so difficult to identify the film. Once you have the name, it's easy to gather information about this title.

Apparently it has not been released on VHS or DVD, but it has been broadcast on Czech and Slovakian television as recently as last year. The good news is that, if you know how, you can download the film from the internet.

I put a clip on my CCFF Channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8HZTMTgsc

There are other clips at stttepp's Channel, here is a playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6FF1280F7DCD262C

In other Czech news, I also have a clip of "Captain Korda" up on the channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yaOhzjbtk

Also, the film "Lucy and the Miracles" has been recently released on DVD (unfortunately without English subtitles). Hopefully more of the Czech titles shown here in the States will end up on DVD.

Phil, you're my hero! it is SO amazing to see that clip for the first time in 30 something years! I was beginning to think it was lost forever. Now I have to hunt down the entire thing. Wow....thanks so much for you detective work on this!

thank you so much for the clip!!!! can wait to see it all I got chills watching it!!!!! --David CBSCFF was my favorite and I'd watch it every Saturday at 1pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH