Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Down the bathtub drain

I was only about 4 years old,but I remember seeing Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. One episode in particular has haunted me ever since. It was about a boy, who along with a few small cartoon people, went down the bathtub drain. They traveled through the drainpipe to somewhere!? That is about all I remember. It was the best story I had seen at that young age. I wish there were some way to see it again, just to satisfy my curiosity and complete my memory

Re: Down the bathtub drain

I think I remember this film too. I remember the boy annoying his father at the breakfast table by opening his napkin and pretending to read it like a newspaper that reported fairy tale events. I got the idea he was sent into the bathroom as a punishment, and there he found the animated characters sailing in a ship in the bathtub. He joined them somehow, and I seem to remember that he set out on a quest to find "Time." I remember that his adventure ended in some sort of cave when he discovered a rainbow streaming down like a waterfall, which then became the water flowing out of the sink faucet back in the bathroom where he started. I have always wanted to know what this film was called and how I might see it again.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was only about 4 years old,but I remember seeing Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. One episode in particular has haunted me ever since. It was about a boy, who along with a few small cartoon people, went down the bathtub drain. They traveled through the drainpipe to somewhere!? That is about all I remember. It was the best story I had seen at that young age. I wish there were some way to see it again, just to satisfy my curiosity and complete my memory

Tony and the Tick-Tock Dragon

This is "Tony and the Tick-Tock Dragon" and was made in Hungary. It was broadcast during the '72-'73 and '73-'74 season of CCFF.

I am 40 years old and the image of that boy in the bathroom has ALWAYS been with me. I just found this board today and I'm enjoying reading the posts! This was one of my all time favorite series. I still love foreign films!

I share everyone's nostalgia for this film. I have it partially in my memory, certain scenes especially. The search for time, the fight with the dragon, etc. Why can't we get this film (and others like it) rereleased? There must be a big enough market by now among those of us who grew up on these films...

In 2003, J.H. said, with regard to the boy and the little men, that "he joined them somehow." I seem to remember the boy calling out "Hah-hoo! Hah-hoo!" and then a little ship came sailing out of the spout end of the tub. A woman that I work with (we'll call her Pam) remembers this too.

Re: Re: Down the bathtub drain

I too remembered only parts of this, but could only remember it had something to do with a bathtub. After reading on line about the beginning of the movie - a breakfast scene - I remembered that barely as well. I would love to be able to get a copy of the movie as I am 39 and it has driven my crazy for years trying to remember exactly what I saw, but I know it really intrigued me then to stick with me this long!

WOW! I thought I dreamed this or something. Im 38, and I thought I remembered this film. I remember the boy and the bathtub, and some cartoon figures on a ship floating in a bathtub, and going down the drain. Man, and I really thought I had dreamed all this, until I surfed over to this forum, and found what you guys have written. Thanks for confirming it for me. Cool......

Re: Tony and the Tick-Tock Dragon

I also remember this movie. I am 41 and have never forgotten it. I'm not sure why it made such an impression on me, but like many of you I especially remember the dragon and the bathtub scene. Has anyone ever found a copy of this film? I would love to see it again.

someone made discoveries about this movie?
in france too there are people that have sweet memories of this film ,it was called "ohé ,petiot" and aired 24th december 1973,apparently every people that saw it as a child
was completely hooked by it!dont know why...for me ,that was the dragon...

the original movie is called " Hahó, Öcsi! " and that means: " hi,junior!" ,its from 1971
theres somerthing about it here:
http://www.divido.hu/index.phtml?op=product&product_id=13378&p=pd

and here:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0121339/

you can as well buy it in VO at this hungarian site and its very cheap:
http://www.numero7.com/store/commerce2.cgi?product_id=FANT137&refer_id=numero7

thats the only i've found to watch the film of my childhood again...
but if someone found an english version i'm taking it!!

hope this helped!

in case people do want to see it ,do a search in p2p programs (dont know if you allow this information here)
and look for the words "tony tick tock" or "haho ocsi" or "ohe petiot"
theres one video shared....just to let you know...

Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-0ahMQSgM

thanks a lot, but I'm the one that posted it on youtube! (french version btw)
you're welcome!:)

I was able to find this on YouTube a long time ago and now I can’t. Please help me see this movie again if you have a fresh link!!! Thank you for any help you offer! This movie...with English ADR mesmerized me as a child as did Father Christmas and I want to share these with my children so once again, thank you for any leads!!!

I was actually the child actor who dubbed the voice of Tony in Tony and the Tick Tock Dragon. It was one of my very first jobs dubbing films into English. Our workplace was Titan Studios on Seventh Avenue in NYC. Anyway, it’s great to see here that it’s still remembered! I do remember it as being quite unusual for a “children’s film.”