Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Little Wooden Horse

Thanks but I think that book is another story. The short film I saw as a child involved a carousel horse that a little boy was in love with. The carousel is dismantled and the horse is sent to a store, where it is purchased by a wealthy woman for her bratty boy. The little boy (who loves the horse) follows the horse to the wealthy kid's house where he sees that the horse has been placed into the backyard. Later that night a group of street urchins scale the estate's wall, steal the horse, and then carry it back to a small house. Inside the hosue, the little boy is waiting and he wraps his arms around the horse. Closing his eyes, he is transported into a world where the horse is suddenly a real horse and he is riding it away. End of story. The whole film is shot pretty with minimal dialog.

I can't find this film anywhere.

John,
I too have been looking for this film. It was a relief
to find this site and see it listed. Please, if you find it, post the info here and I will do the same. Of course, I was a child, but it touched me deeply and I have never forgotten it.

Barbara,

I will let you know if I find it. Amazing that something I saw I think around 35 years ago made such a deep impression on me (and you evidently). There is a poignancy to this memory that I can't seem to shake.

I have finally found this film under the title of
'The Merry Go Round Horse.'
It is available on a compilation DVD called 'Son of those Naughty Boys.'

You can purchase the DVD from
http://www.avgeeks.com/
for $15.00. I have just received my copy and it is the same film. Wonderful!

Hope this helps someone else.

Great work, Barbara! I've added a link to it from the main CCFF page.

Mark

Thanks Barbara! I just watched it. It brought back a lot of memories. You did a great job finding it.

Thanks Barbara, I'm ordering a copy (of this and other things!)from this website now. It's amazing sometimes where you find these films. I'm still wondering how "The Yellow Slippers" ended up on a compilation called "Christian Scare Films Vol. 4" (!?).

OH MY! Ive been searching for this for years - It just gave me such a - tingle - to see that it has also affected some of you like this. That film has been stuck deep in my head since childhood - for a little while, I was having such a hard time finding it, that I was wondering if it was all in my imagination! Im ordering it now!

Re: Re: The Little Wooden Horse

I can't believe it! What a relief to find out 30 something years later, that I did not "make this up" in my head. I have been trying to find the truth to whether I was just a nutty kid with a wild imagination, OR, if I really did see a film where the horse comes to life. THANK GOD there other people out there who express exactly how this little film adhered to my memory. I can still see frames of it, and remember the feeling of magic it evoked.
WOW, after so much searching, this is exciting.
We should form a support group, "Children of the Little Wooden Horse"
I think that film so powerfully showed me the true essence of film. Maybe my exposure to this film as such a young child, is why I have such high standards for film, why so much disappoints me. I want to be moved and haunted by films to the degree I was so many years ago.
THANK YOU ALL!!!!