Return to Website

Milton School Web Forum

Discuss topics of interest with other parents, teachers and staff.

Milton School Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Year 7.

The Year book is a tradition that should not be allowed to be dropped! It's up to the parents, surely, to make this happen? It's a bit sad to see good things that the school community (including teachers, staff, students and parents) have worked so hard to get right, dumped. Come on!

How are the Year 6 group going to bond next year with three separate classes?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This year, our year 7 group is facing a year that is a little different than those of past years. Composite classes, 6/7's as opposed to straight year 7's, a camp to Currimundi early in the year with a focus on leadership rather than a trip to Canberra later in the year and perhaps a niggling perception in some students and parents that they may be missing out. Perceptions, as we are constantly told by politicians and others are everything. Well I for one believe that we need to challenge that, and the year 2002 as lived and experienced by our Y7's will be one of significant and valuable experinces that ultimately lead to great memories. I feel pretty confident that the outline delivered by Y7 teachers of the year to come at the recent P/T evening showed enough scope and diversity to deliver in what is a really important transitional year for the students. But I couldn't help thinking that even though we have the machine that slices, dices, peels and shreds, the chip maker and steak-knives should there be something more? The yearbook will happen if it gets the support and input it needs, and the polo shirts are well under way, traditions of some years standing, but what else? What else can we do to as parents and caregivers to make this year as good as it gets for our kids? What do we want them to have by the time they exit the Milton for the last time?