Return to Website

FOXBEAGLE FORUM

Post using only your name or kennel name. Any posts with bad intentions will be erased. I don't have time to police this forum so let's police ourselves and KEEP IT CLEAN. Remember this site is for the betterment of the sport. Let's bring our respective associations together, not tear them apart. But above all else I hope all of you enjoy your visit to FOXBEAGLE.NET!  Click on the pic to the left to return to the site. Also guys I'm going to start rotating some new pics on top of the message boards so post or send me pics of your hounds or kennel or anything else of interest.

Picture:

2013 Summer Puppy/Derby Series Champions 

Puppy Champion - Deepwoods Grim Reaper - County Line Kennels

Derby Champion - Swamp Fox Tator Tot - Swamp Fox Kennels 

FOXBEAGLE FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mid-Atlantic's BearGardenHunt # 8

Mid Atlantic's championship hunt is this Saturday the 14th at beargarden fox pen.

$26 a dog
17" height limit
Registration at 6am
Cast at 6:30am
For numbers call Kyle 8049206051

See y'all Saturday morning. Don't forget you need your NC running permit.

Re: Mid-Atlantic's BearGardenHunt # 8

Just a question for the scheduler of the MABC???

I understand that pen locations and or dates sometime for whatever circumstances/reasons need to be changes. I’m a paying member of both the MABC and the VFBA and I want to know why the hunt was moved to the same date as the VFBA champ hunt that was already schedule??? So now I have to choose which hunt I want to go to. Having a dog just a few points back from winning the HPH in the VFBA I don’t want to miss this hunt so I’m going to the VFBA Champ hunt. The question I have to ask myself was this done intentionally…I hope not because if you’re looking to grow the mid-Atlantic this is not a good way to go about doing so...just my 2 cents.

Hunt was set back last July.

Phil, next year we are gonna plan our hunts for the second Saturday of every month except for the November hunt that will remain the first Sunday in November. Hopefully by going with the second Saturday of every month it won't conflict.

Thanks Kyle that would be great! and would help out both assoc in the long run with scheduling conflicts. My post was not the intent to be argumentative just wanted to see why the hunt if needed to be changed the date couldn't have been switched but I realize to that folks may have planned around that date but it looks like in the future the 2 associations can work on scheduling better going with Kyles suggestion...good one.

Phillip,

The second half of the MABC's hunts have been scheduled since November. I believe we did have to move one hunt because of pen issues, but it was not this one. I think the 2 associations did as good as they could have done about not trying to schedule hunts on top of each other but to claim this was done "intentionally" is a bit far fetched. There would be no benefit to either club to have hunts on the same date. I do think the MABC could have done a better job getting its schedule to the people who aren't at the hunts, but on the same hand the VFBA website still has no date for the May hunt. Hopefully next year we will be able to get all of our dates on the second Saturday of the month as Kyle stated and we can have the year with no conflicts. Sorry you will not be able to make the hunt, but if I were in your shoes I would have to go to the VFBA hunt as well.

Thanks Pat, no harm no foul....anything I can do to help out the mid-atl or any of the assoc's be it scheduling or whatever I'm a phone call away